• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of Upcoming RXF New Submariner 116610 LN and Comparison

qChella

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/3/18
EU
I think all round it feels and looks really quite good . The bracelet is fine dosent feel quite as premium as the gen but its a 300 pound rep and for the price it’s quite good , don’t think anyone can complain . I was thinking that it feels a little bit lighter than my no date but can’t be certain as I’ve not weighed it . I think the biggest tell is the pip it’s a bit too large and white . But then again you pick these things up when you are comparing it to the real thing , I don’t know if I would have noticed otherwise. I’m not really bothered about about rehaut as you would need superman’s vision to notice this and it dosent concern me . Sure it has a few flaws but it’s a rep of a watch now selling at 11k . All and all I think it’s a damn good effort ..

Thanks for feedback. People say ARF's bracelet is quite good on subs. How would you compare this bracelet to other reps? Is it good as much as reps goes or is it stil meh around the high quality reps?

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
When mine arrived it didn't feel as good as ARF. I've given it a clean and a soak in baby oil and it now feels great. I just did a blind test with several ARFs and couldn't pick a difference.

Reactions: Kostiksch

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
To all try vaseline for your bracelets it's a 5 min job and you don't need to take it off the watch. It does wonders bracelet feels much more solid and smoother afterwards. I recently sold one sub where I just did that and the buyer messaged me back he went and bought vaseline for all his rollie bracelets straight away after receiving it.

drferrari1

Known Member
13/8/20
CONUS
I took mine today to a local jewelry to remove some links and the guy of the store told me: wow that’s an amazing sub you got right there lol

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

drferrari1

Known Member
13/8/20
CONUS
I took mine today to a local jewelry to remove some links and the guy of the store told me: wow that’s an amazing sub you got right there lol

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
I’m going to give Vaseline a go thanks ..

Use qtip and put it allover the bracelet, clasp, glidelock, safety clasp than move everything several times so it goes to all the areas and than clean it with paper and wash it under water and again paper.

It will feel solid gen like and really smooth afterwards.

BRIZZZ67

Known Member
6/10/16
Tried Vaseline on the bracelet . It does help with a more premium feel , not that it’s a bad bracelet to begin with clasp has a premium click and gridlock works well . Vaseline does make bracelet feel good

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Compared to gen, how many feet away can you tell that this is a replica to the trained eye? I have an ARF 116610 sub that I converted to 114060 with a noob dial and crystal. I can tell about 2 feet away by looking at the dial that it's a rep. In person, is the crystal a giveaway for the RXF sub? I can tell between a gen crystal or rep when there is a cyclops. I also have an ARF SD43 and I can tell it's not gen because of the crystal.

Well for me... I can smell it! Whenever someone walks into a room with a rep, my nose instantly pics up on the poor quality 904L steel....

Koric

Known Member
4/6/18
Well for me... I can smell it! Whenever someone walks into a room with a rep, my nose instantly pics up on the poor quality 904L steel....

That is impressive. I am not at that level yet. But if I smell drakar Noir, right away I think fake. If Ben gay then definitely real.

Drummania

Renowned Member
8/6/12
How is this compared to HBB V6? It's said that RXF and HBB V6F "collaborated".

JoePineapples

22/10/17
Compared to gen, how many feet away can you tell that this is a replica to the trained eye? I have an ARF 116610 sub that I converted to 114060 with a noob dial and crystal. I can tell about 2 feet away by looking at the dial that it's a rep. In person, is the crystal a giveaway for the RXF sub? I can tell between a gen crystal or rep when there is a cyclops. I also have an ARF SD43 and I can tell it's not gen because of the crystal.

Can I ask how you can tell (from the crystal)? What is the difference or disparity you can see?

Sent from the RWI App

JoePineapples

22/10/17

Can I ask how you can tell (from the crystal)? What is the difference or disparity you can see?

Sent from the RWI App

Last edited:

drferrari1

Known Member
13/8/20
CONUS
Mine the bezel feels sort of rough to the touch. Is that normal?

drferrari1

Known Member
13/8/20
CONUS

1675Fanboy

3/9/15

Do you mean the machining of the scallops on the bezel or the movement of the bezel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

1675Fanboy

3/9/15
Quick & dirty wrist shot this evening.

d611b836f01af13ff24472147e2daa84.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk