• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of Upcoming RXF New Submariner 116610 LN and Comparison

Enrage

Horology Curious
19/8/20
Pics and impressions, please!

1616fcbc862504cadf2af78a291fac06.jpg

d2be3df0800b765ffda121a7ec59acf9.jpg

Not the best pics! Have to see the watch IRL, stunning!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Reactions: JoePineapples

qChella

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/3/18
EU
Mine just arrived this morning and all I can say is that for $388 this is quite a watch! Some iPhone macros.

Great service as always from trustytime
Thanks Andrew.

057b839d2fdecb8da6c826d9045cadd8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can u please make comments on Datewheel, bracelet quality and overall feel?

1675Fanboy

3/9/15
Datewheel alignment and print look good. General quality of the entire watch is good. Bezel insert is very crisp.

I took the bracelet off and gave it a soapy wash and dry off with a hairdryer with a view to oiling it but it didn’t need lubricating. The glide lock and clasp are also good. I removed 3 links and all screws came out easily (on previous reps I’ve had a battle with some of the link screws).

For $388 it’s very, very good. I’ve not kept reps for more than a few weeks as there’s always been issues I’m not happy with (including the latest NOOB GMT BLRO) but I can see this one staying around for a while.

BRIZZZ67

Known Member
6/10/16
It s a decent enough piece . Compared it briefly with my gen no date and to the naked eye it’s certainly quite good feels quite good to . Pip a little light and bezel action although not bad if tightened a bit would probably be a bit more gen like . One problem I have is I can’t resize the bracelet, the screws are really tight and can’t get them loosened . May just be a problem with mine but really annoying ..

Subdued

20/11/19
It s a decent enough piece . Compared it briefly with my gen no date and to the naked eye it’s certainly quite good feels quite good to . Pip a little light and bezel action although not bad if tightened a bit would probably be a bit more gen like . One problem I have is I can’t resize the bracelet, the screws are really tight and can’t get them loosened . May just be a problem with mine but really annoying ..

Does the bracelet feels like gen?

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
[mention]BRIZZZ67 [/mention] you have it side by side with a gen?? Please bless us with some pictures

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands

I had the same with an AP rep. Left the bracelet and the screws in particular in WD40 oil bath overnight. than I was able to loosen them. perhaps this will help you. Good Luck

Last edited:
Reactions: Kews

1675Fanboy

3/9/15

Try some heat (hairdryer) on the threaded ends before making them all slippery with WD40

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Boiling water in a bowl and sit the relevant screws in it for a minute should work but be quick as threadlocker will set again quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drferrari1

Known Member
13/8/20
CONUS
Got mine yesterday from Andrew. This is my first rep and to my inexperienced eye looks amazing. My timeline:
8/31 Payment sent
9/2 QC pics
9/4 shipped
9/11 delivered to USA

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: Silver Fox Mulder

Koric

Known Member
4/6/18
Compared to gen, how many feet away can you tell that this is a replica to the trained eye? I have an ARF 116610 sub that I converted to 114060 with a noob dial and crystal. I can tell about 2 feet away by looking at the dial that it's a rep. In person, is the crystal a giveaway for the RXF sub? I can tell between a gen crystal or rep when there is a cyclops. I also have an ARF SD43 and I can tell it's not gen because of the crystal.

BRIZZZ67

Known Member
6/10/16
I think all round it feels and looks really quite good . The bracelet is fine dosent feel quite as premium as the gen but its a 300 pound rep and for the price it’s quite good , don’t think anyone can complain . I was thinking that it feels a little bit lighter than my no date but can’t be certain as I’ve not weighed it . I think the biggest tell is the pip it’s a bit too large and white . But then again you pick these things up when you are comparing it to the real thing , I don’t know if I would have noticed otherwise. I’m not really bothered about about rehaut as you would need superman’s vision to notice this and it dosent concern me . Sure it has a few flaws but it’s a rep of a watch now selling at 11k . All and all I think it’s a damn good effort ..

Reactions: Kostiksch