• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of Upcoming RXF New Submariner 116610 LN and Comparison

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
I think he means 'woky' like a super bowl. Using a weird focal length in your camera can sorta create that effect and make it look off. I know for a fact the rehaut is fine in person

Photos like this are an example:
Z382vP.jpg

Notice how in Ksolids photo it is significantly less angled.

Last edited:

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I think he means 'woky' like a super bowl. Using a weird focal length in your camera can sorta create that effect and make it look off. I know for a fact the rehaut is fine in person
What he said. The rehaut angle is no different from other reps...

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Yes that is what he meant but seeing as he wasn't going to get the reference I used super bowl as another example. Pictures with a focal length like that might've scared some potential buyers away lol

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
Jesus... that's how forum folklore is born. And in one year from now, everyone will only repeat what he heard from a colleague of his grandmother's cousin.

:picard:

Last edited:

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
I always think about the mystery of rep rehauts... we know from prior generations they are more wokky than gen but if that’s the case then why when we put gen dial the distance from edge of minute ticks and rehaut edge are the same while the rehaut shelf looks more exposed under the crystal and less wide mouth gen effect? I’m babbling but will always be confused. I guess the answer is Rep rehauts will always be more wokky and/or taller than gen and my heart will stay broken forever

marco130

Renowned Member
29/2/08
I took some shots under macro/micro scope mode. Every smudge, every spec of crap. I gotta clean these up more!

Reactions: d3s19n

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
So, so far what did I know RXF are best so far?
how is the QC control?

drferrari1

Known Member
13/8/20
CONUS
Had mine for almost one month without any issues. Still too soon to tell but as far as I have read, is the best of the best.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Cindycandy

Horology Curious
10/3/17
Hi everyone. I have ordered a sub Rxf. Just received the QC pictures. I have one concern. Does this look like it supposed to? I dont recall gens having these gaps. Im a beginner im the rep game, so please help me out. I'm aware of a rep isn't a 100% identical to the gen, but I wanna get as close as possible.

Thanks in advance

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Hi everyone. I have ordered a sub Rxf. Just received the QC pictures. I have one concern. Does this look like it supposed to? I dont recall gens having these gaps. Im a beginner im the rep game, so please help me out. I'm aware of a rep isn't a 100% identical to the gen, but I wanna get as close as possible.

Thanks in advance

It's fine, my Gen had the same gaps when there is light behind. Accept it

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
It's fine, my Gen had the same gaps when there is light behind. Accept it

LMAO - that argument has been rejected so many times in discussions.

"The rehaut crown is 0.1mm off!"
"Gens have that as well."
"BUT I DON'T ACCEPT IT!"

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
LMAO - that argument has been rejected so many times in discussions.

"The rehaut crown is 0.1mm off!"
"Gens have that as well."
"BUT I DON'T ACCEPT IT!"

I don't follow your point?

You expect rep tolerances to be higher the Gen Rolex tolerances, or what am i missing?

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
I don't follow your point?

You expect rep tolerances to be higher the Gen Rolex tolerances, or what am i missing?

Not sure how much effort it took to misunderstand my post. That said, I'm a friendly guy and will explain the punchline. This exact discussion has happened here many times and some users feel that paying 400 bucks should be enough to get a rep handmade by fairies during full moon. I literally posted a picture from the Rolex website where you see the unaligned crown of a GMT. Didn't stop the discussion at all. "But... but... I can expect that for 400 Dollars!"

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
You are not missing anything

Just some of us who are longer here deal with these questions over and over agin

Not your fault

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
No no, i totally agree, it's ridiculous, people are rejecting watches that would pass a Rolex quality control :) That why i told the guy to except it!

Not a single one of my gens doesn't have a small error somewhere, but as long as its not something major, i really don't care.

People really need to get their expectations to a 400-500 dollar rep in check