• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review Of The Month: April 2014 | Liquid Metal Planet Ocean from Marvellous Replica

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Review Of The Month Project, April 2014
Omega Liquid Metal Planet Ocean from Marvellous Replica

Well before we start with the details, i have to thank our Trusted Dealer Marvellous Replica for participating in this project of course and for sending me this watch to make a review of it!

I suppose most of you know this one, and now that I hold it I can understand why. Officially was voted rep of the year 2013 and believe me, it totally deserves it! A very well build watch that looks stunning in real life.

I will start with the dial. Very good work! After examining with the loop, the initial problem with the misaligned/bent logo still exists, not the omega symbol but the omega lettering. Lume markers look spot on though and also the hour markers are not crooked anymore. Date window seems ok as long as the date wheel. The red seamaster lettering and the [ZrO2] inscriptions are really good also. I can’t find anything wrong there… Hands aren't bad either, basically the arrows at the end are slightly different but nothing major. I had to use the loop to see that, I don’t think it’s something you should be worried…

I have to be honest though, what caught my eye first, was the bezel! Best part of the watch! Amazing finish, shiny all the way but in no case looking cheap… The font of the numbers is good, the placement od the numbers seems correct and the pearl is perfectly centered and gen like looking (amen!). I think the rep bezel resembles the gen pretty good. Clicking is also perfect, firm and not loose…

Crown works perfect! Butter smooth function, 8.5 turns to screw in. Setting time and date is easy as hell, over all function of the “system” just feels very good. Movement works like a charm, I can’t feel the rotor spinning there not even hear it and the sweep of the seconds hand is very smooth, no jumps or whatsoever… He valve unscrews also, I don’t think it’s functional though…

Case back isn't bad either. Of course they didn't get the “sea master” correct but all the inscriptions are there and you will have to examine it very close to see the differences… Anti counterfeit globe and serial number on the case complete a decent back side!

The crystal, well I don’t have much to say here. AR is outstanding, you barely notice its there.

Bracelet is the main area of complaints. Well I didn't try to re-size it and check it myself but it’s not that bad. Of course it’s not as good as the bracelets of the CrPO but I think it’s a little better than the regular PO ones. Links move freely, not all of them though, some stuck a little bit. Clasp is good, it locks and stays. The extensions are “wobbling” a little though. The inscription on it is engraved and not printed. It’s just a good bracelet nothing more… By the way, it is sooo big that my camera can fit between it and my wrist! Too many links!

And now the parts you were waiting for, the photos!!! I am sorry that there are so many I just couldn't stop shooting!.

ps. I will post a few macro shots in the coming days, i just wanted to post the thread before May comes lol. Also i will have the watch with me for a few days more, so if you want to ask anything just shoot!

An obligatory lume shot!

And side by side with my franken UPO

And finally attention to the details! Few macro shots for your eyes only!

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
Nice watches and great review from a great member !!!

apr214

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/1/13
Great review! Maybe a bit better lighting on the pics? Seems a bit dark to me. Can't wait for the next!!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Nice watches and great review from a great member !!!

Thank you buddy!

Thanks for the review. Its a shame the "made" in "swiss made" still isn't centered.

A little of to the right...

Great review! Maybe a bit better lighting on the pics? Seems a bit dark to me. Can't wait for the next!!

Yeap, i finaly bought a light tent and a set of lamps but they aren't goog enough... Replacements on the way!

Wat size is it?

42mm

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
The watch looks really good, the pearl is amazing and the AR is perfect!
Just pity for the bracelet, the pin system that holds the links is a bit cheap and not up to the quality of the rep IMHO.
Thank you for a great review and nice pics! (btw can we have some more? :D)

D

d4m.test

Thanks for the review and the great lume-shot too, pictures it:)

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Sweet watch! Thanks to MReplica for making this piece available for review.

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
Thank you! Lume is really close to gen.
BTW Does its shine pays attention to your wrist when wearing?

Sent from my iPad Mini Retina using Tapatalk

458spider

I'm Pretty Popular
2/3/13

not only the shine of its bezel i guess, but its everything on it :)

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08

Not that much. Its kind of a "cool" shine :lol:

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
So does it makes an additional attention to your wrist? I hope it doesnt.

?????????? ? ????? LG-E975 ????? Tapatalk

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13

elloello

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/3/14
U.K.
Enjoyed the read and photos I'm drifting to get a pumpkin in 45mm I like them big! ;) now dont get the wrong idea gang he!he! :devilish:

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Macro shots added to the first post. I hope you like it!