• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RAIDS happening - message from reddit dealer

aakish77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/4/21
the latest response is even worse...

"we deposit more money to our paypal account but somehow we can't do it successfully ,in this case we are not able to process refund by paypal ,we can send refund immediately if you have a bitcoin account. Sorry for the the troubles , hope you understand the matter and wait for a few days more."

I guess I'm lucky enough to get a full refund from Trustytime.
They refunded within a day and it was credited into my account in just 48 hrs.

Reactions: lytnin

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Well you guys might call me crazy, but after hearing from these raids, I directely purchased a Noob v4 116500 and two VSF DJ41 from some local resellers. And shortly before a VSF Hulk as well. Why? It’s obvious that sooner or later these companies will come back (same or different names). No doubt. That’s safe. However, certain models reached a quality which is insane (in terms of movement, case etc). As we all know, it was a long journey to get there. It took many vXYZ versions to get as good as they are. Think about the 7 TC versions to get a proper 5 digit Sub. Every time Noob for instance released a new Sub, they improved 3 things but went 5 steps back on some other parts. But these models are really good OOB now and have some wonderful movements (like 4130, 3235 and 3135 copies). So I can’t risk to go 10 steps back again for whatever reason (change of manufacturers, suppliers etc), although there is no doubt that there will be a 4130 copy in future as well

guybythelake

13/7/14
Noob Daytonas will increase value as the gen, LOL!

Lol... if and when Noob comes back, it will start with a waiting list for the daytonas... Some TDs will be ADs for the Noob...TDs will only sell it to you if you purchase other non demand noob watches. And than comes the gray market. Noob will be blamed for controlling supply and jacking up prices while the Noob TDs sell most of their stock to gray market. Pretty much a mini Gen scheme... while comical, i doubt it... but if Noob does not come back, those Daytona's will go up in price... but what would be the platform to sell them since no profiteering on this site?

Reacher01

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
19/12/18
Well you guys might call me crazy, but after hearing from these raids, I directely purchased a Noob v4 116500 and two VSF DJ41 from some local resellers. And shortly before a VSF Hulk as well. Why? It’s obvious that sooner or later these companies will come back (same or different names). No doubt. That’s safe. However, certain models reached a quality which is insane (in terms of movement, case etc). As we all know, it was a long journey to get there. It took many vXYZ versions to get as good as they are. Think about the 7 TC versions to get a proper 5 digit Sub. Every time Noob for instance released a new Sub, they improved 3 things but went 5 steps back on some other parts. But these models are really good OOB now and have some wonderful movements (like 4130, 3235 and 3135 copies). So I can’t risk to go 10 steps back again for whatever reason (change of manufacturers, suppliers etc), although there is no doubt that there will be a 4130 copy in future as well

Once the know how is out there, they can't take it back. Also, it's very hard to profit from reps. So I can get this reasoning with luxury watches, where brand and heritage is everything and you can really scalp, but with reps ... not so much,

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07

Great points and well said. I would just add the other difference the past couple of years is the addition of many many more makers making Sub C and GMT C. This created fierce competition and forced careless flaws to be corrected. Never have we had so many close to gen Subs.

For the Noob 4130 movement, it’s been clear they’ve had it exclusively — having financed millions I believe to develop it. No other maker has had access to the 4130 clone. If Noob does not recover I would think another maker will step in and make a deal....or even develop a new 4130.

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07

Great points and well said. I would just add the other difference the past couple of years is the addition of many many more makers making Sub C and GMT C. This created fierce competition and forced careless flaws to be corrected. Never have we had so many close to gen Subs.

For the Noob 4130 movement, it’s been clear they’ve had it exclusively — having financed millions I believe to develop it. No other maker has had access to the 4130 clone. If Noob does not recover I would think another maker will step in and make a deal....or even develop a new 4130.

Da9b

12/7/20
New York
With such a demand for a 4130 Daytona, If noob doesn’t come back, I’m sure there will be another factory that will take its place. With that said, I’m glad I purchased a 116500 to keep my black Daytona company back in March.

stepanok

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/12/13

"we deposit more money to our paypal account but somehow we can't do it successfully ,in this case we are not able to process refund by paypal ,we can send refund immediately if you have a bitcoin account. Sorry for the the troubles , hope you understand the matter and wait for a few days more."

I could say a lot but first let me ask. Have asked a mod to look into it ? I wouldn't want to comment on this yet because perhaps there is a mod looking into it without us knowing, behind the scenes. Have you gotten any help from a mod?

p.s
Perhaps you should accept a bitcoin payment and then just move on. If this is the way they respond it could take ages for you to get your refund. Perhaps you have a friend who could help you with that, its not that complicated. You just need to open an account.

https://www.bitcoin.com/get-started/how-do-i-send-and-receive-bitcoin

Last edited:
Reactions: Fergulator72

xox

15/4/11
you can deal BITCOIN on paypal at least in the US

Aramis2288

Supporter
Certified
27/3/17

Just install a free cryptocurrency wallet such as e.g. Metamask (https://metamask.io/) or any other - you can google what are the best wallets for your purpose. Then you will be able to receive payments in crypto and thus your refund.

If you are worried about this particular token and its volatility you can ask him to transfer your refund using StableCoins such as e.g. USDT or USDC which are made to mimic the value US dollar 1:1. This way you can be sure that the Bitcoin will not lose value during the short moment between you receiving it and exchanging it to USD.

Since he is using crypto he should not have any issue with using a different token than Bitcoin.

Last edited:

fpi87

Known Member
3/11/20
Belgium
People here take paypal option for granted.. you are dealing with a Chinese seller, they work with wechat pay. Be glad you don’t need to set that up... the cash flow through paypal is logically much more illiquid for them.

Concerning the daytona’s, when noob comes back, people will delay their purchase as usual, people that are looking for daytona’s now only buy when they think it’s gonna dissapear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: onlyrolexes

Mr.pitt

Known Member
28/4/21
I could say a lot but first let me ask. Have asked a mod to look into it ? I wouldn't want to comment on this yet because perhaps there is a mod looking into it without us knowing, behind the scenes. Have you gotten any help from a mod?

p.s
Perhaps you should accept a bitcoin payment and then just move on. If this is the way they respond it could take ages for you to get your refund. Perhaps you have a friend who could help you with that, its not that complicated. You just need to open an account.

https://www.bitcoin.com/get-started/how-do-i-send-and-receive-bitcoin

I have not contacted a mod, I was hoping it didn't have to come to that, just want the issue resolved without any drama. I will set up a bitcoin account.

I appreciate all the help guys, great community here.

Fergulator72

I'm Pretty Popular
4/5/21
People here take paypal option for granted.. you are dealing with a Chinese seller, they work with wechat pay. Be glad you don’t need to set that up... the cash flow through paypal is logically much more illiquid for them.

Concerning the daytona’s, when noob comes back, people will delay their purchase as usual, people that are looking for daytona’s now only buy when they think it’s gonna dissapear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep,agree,and waiting to make sure the QC is still as good as it was