• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PPF 47040 Overseas

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Still confused if gray dial has the titanium bezel or not. Most pictures show Steel bezel expect for one TD so far.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I sent email to PureTime to ask about the gray dial bezel and if it is titanium or not. Very strange one TD has titanium and others do not.

Reactions: Pix

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21
"Silver" would be the correct description.

- Left: different maker ~ 6/7 years ago
clearly white

- Right: new PPF, silver dial (which I think was at the beginning of the 2. generation Overseas....about 2004 I guess.

Massive improvements across the board except for a backslide wrt font thickness on the "VC GENEVE" and "AUTOMATIC".

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Thank you, that is great news. I just placed order with PureTime for gray dial. I had the JJF white dial version of this and sold here because I did not like white dial as much as gray, so now that gray is available and has titanium bezel this is great news.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Ok I just received email from PureTime and they say the gray dial does NOT have titanium bezel.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Sorry, I find it funny, for one dealer says the opposite of the other...

Reactions: Aquanautilus

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Thats why I have also asked Li at Jtime, waiting on a response.

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Just now, he says it is NOT titanium.

I think we need to see some QC pics of the grey to confirm it does have the darker/smoother bezel, but like the other factory this will be steel, which has been coloured/brushed to look like the titanium bezel.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I don't mind if it is not real titanium as long as the gray dial has a different bezel color like the genuine.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I received QC pictures from Andrew today. The gray dial has the titanium bezel. I spoke to Andrew when I placed the order and asked him to tell the factory to send the correct gray dial with titanium bezel.

Unfortunately I will likely reject the QC pictures he sent. The cross on the dial is crooked. The unfortunate thing is that everything else on the watch is perfect. The alignment of the date is perfect and the hour markers are perfect and the dial is straight. I hope I will get another straight one and with good cross next time.

Not sure if I can post rejected QC pictures so will wait for someone to tell me.

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
As far as I understand, If you have already rejected them, Posting them is fine as you are not asking us to QC them.

Reactions: fpi87

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Ok here is the rejected QC. The cross is not straight on the dial and I am not sure how easy it would be to fix it so I rejected. Otherwise the watch was great there were no issues with alignment in my opinion.

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Agreed, nice piece, but that logo would drive me nuts.

Did they provide you with an angled shot to see the difference in shade between the case and bezel?

I know a couple of years back one of the other factories (can't recall which one) was quite obvious, but not sure how accurate it was at the time.

Saying that this video from youtube of the original, I would say PPF has done a good job so ill go back in my box ;-)