• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PPF 47040 Overseas

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
Up on PT. This is an interesting release for me, because it looks like they got the guilloche pattern correct, which is something that hasn't been done before. Case looks good, dial cross looks good, caseback engraving isn't terrible... I think I'm into this.

kami2112

Watchlover and Collector from Germany
30/7/12
Germany
They really look promising and I think I will go for the black or white one with the really nice looking Guilloche pattern dial.. for the moment I seems that there s no need to wait for the V2s or V3s ..

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Samle here. With bracelet.
Will order rubber on Ali, for if you want one spare from TT, it's more than 150 USD...

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
I'm not keen on the datewheel and the deepstream has the wrong bezel but looks promising

vcelkama

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
14/10/21
Wow, very interesting as this one is no longer available from MKS or JJF. Deepstream is missing titanium bezel - I thonk it was considered as the best out of different 47040 available from MKS / JJF (they had incorrect black / white dial pattern). Also the cross looks better (it was somehow flat on MKS). It seems that the date is again misaligned - same issue like with MKS.

Can someone post QC photos when you get them?

fpi87

Known Member
3/11/20
Belgium
so PPF fucked up once again on the dial alignment... same issue as ZF/PPF 4500v. On all TD pics for all colors, dial seems to be rotated and misalligned to the bezel in order to have a good date allignment..

Jandirrty

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/7/18
sharing my mod jjf white dial from legend.

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
so PPF fucked up once again on the dial alignment... same issue as ZF/PPF 4500v. On all TD pics for all colors, dial seems to be rotated and misalligned to the bezel in order to have a good date allignment..
Indeed, once you see it you can’t unsee it…

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
I must confess I don't see what you describe... :oops:

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
js20221229_507.jpg

overseas-47040-ss-ppf-1-1-best-edition-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a1226.jpg

I have one on order, it would be really nice to let me know what to check, so that I can eventually change my order... :)

natasjames

22/10/12
Made me hold my horse... :D Want to know what is the issue with the dial alignment.

Aquanautilus

Renowned Member
23/9/16
@Pix @natasjames
See the date window? The date should be centered and not that far on the bottom (of the numbers) - also it would be even more worse, like the date window cutting into the font, if the dial wouldn't be turned slightly to the right.

Could be better on other examples, so keep an eye on it at the QC.
Apart from this, I think it looks really good and will be ordering one.

Reactions: Pix

natasjames

22/10/12
@Pix @natasjames
See the date window? The date should be centered and not that far on the bottom (of the numbers) - also it would be even more worse, like the date window cutting into the font, if the dial wouldn't be turned slightly to the right.

Great, will order 1 too.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Thx for the tip :)

Last edited:

vcelkama

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
14/10/21
@Pix @natasjames

Any idea (or experience from previous MKS / JJF releases) if it is possible to fix this issue? I guess the only option is to slightly rotate the movement which can be tricky due to a stem bending and also if the dial has feet it is not that easy to rotate the dial and movement by different angles for each of them.