• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PPF 47040 Overseas

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21
What's up recently with all these crooked crosses ?? :mad:

I've got a good relationship with my TD. We went through 6 different QCs trying to get one without a ridiculously crooked cross before agreeing to switch to a different model because literally every single one of them had the same glaring flaw. SIX FUCKING QCS and every single one of them wasn't even close to acceptable. TD advised to try again later once a new batch is out.

Also I contacted three different watchsmiths that I work with to see if they could fix a crooked cross, and all of them said they can't do it because it's too risky of a job. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
How can one spoil the job at this level ? It's not a question of spelling mistakes, just look right.
Maybe the watchsmith (or socalled) was blind...

locvs

7/12/20
Germany
PPF/ZF do have this problem with a number of watches. First one or two batches are flawed and it takes time for them to improve. I guess they’ve ordered a number of dials with a crooked cross and will only fix it, once the current batch is sold out.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
This make take a while

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I received mine and it did have crooked maltese but I am accepting it. It is not noticeable on wrist.

leewae91

Horology Curious
7/10/16
Stunning piece. How is the bracelet?
Needs working. I removed some metal from the under clasp and repolished the inner bracelet and it was night and day in terms of comfort.

The butterfly clasp also requires some metal removed for it to "snap in properly" without coming undone abruptly.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
TBH I do not have a feeling of cheapness or roughness...
So the crooked cross problem has been solved ?

player233

Horology Curious
13/8/23
TBH I do not have a feeling of cheapness or roughness...
So the crooked cross problem has been solved ?
Surprisingly mine didn't had a crooked cross, was really surprised when i got the QC, but my "6" looks slightly slanted tbh

LPhiE

Supporter
Certified
12/12/13
This is what happens when I try to change straps…😭. Seems like this screw on the lug was not seated/threaded properly and is now stuck. Can’t come out or go back in. Any suggestions before I take it to my watchmaker?