• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PPF 47040 Overseas

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
TBH I don't see a big issue (for me) there, not perfectly aligned DW are common, and anyway I'm unable to see the date in general (except with the cyclop)
But I do understand the concern for the price

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
If an issue the date wheel overlay could be adjusted, the movement cannot due to the crown stem.

vcelkama

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
14/10/21
If an issue the date wheel overlay could be adjusted, the movement cannot due to the crown stem.
So one would need to “cut” the overlay from the DW and glue it back aligned? Have you done it before? I’m wondering if there is a layer which is sticked to the DW or if it is rather painted.

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
Given it is an Asian eta clone I'm guessing it will be an overlay. The overlay can be removed with a sharp blade and glued/realigned with a either a 5min epoxy or cement. I've done it with rolex datewheels where I've used a gen datewheel as an overlay for eta movement

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Patron
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
I don't know what you guys are seeing. These dials look pretty darn straight to me and the dates might be ever-so-slightly off, but I can't imagine it being visible on the wrist.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
In any case, no way to mod the wheel, too risky. :)
I'll put a sticker on the date
be299a757040.jpg

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Patron
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
I don't know what you guys are seeing. These dials look pretty darn straight to me and the dates might be ever-so-slightly off, but I can't imagine it being visible on the wrist.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
I believe the misunderstanding came from the supposed f*cked dial alignment, whereas we have an off-center date

Aquanautilus

Renowned Member
23/9/16
Well it's kinda both...intentionally slighty misalinged dial to distract from the off-center date. 😅

Scrolled through all the dealers pictures...some are better, some aren't.
Can't wait to see some QC pics.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I think we need someone to draw some grid lines superimposed over the dial to explain the issue. Would also help with genuine and rep side by side to point out the issue. I can't seem to find it.

rek00001

24/4/13
I really want to get one but I'm concerned about the previous clasp button coming out problem, and the bracelet extension that may come loose and not stay shut.
I guess one has to address that with the TD and get some assurance somehow?

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
There is no bracelet extension system on the gen 2 overseas.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I still would like to know what the apparent issue with dial alignment is. I think I understand but need an artist to draw grid lines.

locvs

Supporter
Certified
7/12/20
Germany
Here's one speaking QC picture (for me)

Date is good enough, dial alignment, still not something I understood in this thread
This one looks great. Enjoy it :)

On some of the pics the whole dial is rotated about 2-3° clockwise.

Reactions: Pix

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Will see it in person when it's here (2 weeks I suppose) and will take further pictures.
I asked Andrew to ask the factory for a centered DW : maybe he did it, I don't know.
At least, it doesn't seem to be a permanent flaw.
I'll buy the rubber on Ali, as the one from the manufacturer is silly expensive : they ask more than 160 USD with a clasp.

Back in 2007-2008, this one was one of my first reps, glad I catch one again. Paid 250 USD at that time. Simple ETA clone (which imo was more than enough). Not a big fan of overdecorated movements or so called clones, for they are most of the time problematic to handle/clean/repair
At that time the bracelet resizing was a nightmare. Hope this changed :D

Last edited: