• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PP 324SC Super Clone

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
well... yesterday there were some parts added to the patek spare parts category on the bay - also the gold rotor for only 650$ With bearing if i remember correctly.
Maybe there are other parts among them.

All calibre 315 parts unfortunately. Won’t fit the 324.

Reactions: vcappp

Dudu_n

Horology Curious
18/12/19
do you guys recommend that i'll wait with my first ever rep purchase, until the 5711 rep will use this movement clone?
or do you recommend me to buy one today?
thanks!

Dudu_n

Horology Curious
18/12/19
Buy one today, there's no time frame for the release of a 5711 with this new movement

ok my friend, thank you.
by the way, any idea how long it usually takes to take a new movement and put it into production?
is it weeks, or months?

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
ok my friend, thank you.
by the way, any idea how long it usually takes to take a new movement and put it into production?
is it weeks, or months?

You never know, there's not set rule on that

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
do you guys recommend that i'll wait with my first ever rep purchase, until the 5711 rep will use this movement clone?
or do you recommend me to buy one today?
thanks!

I agree with Glaude. I have ordered a 5711 PPF V2. I dont think I will change it for a clone movement. I dont think it will give so much more to the watch itself. A compromise on uncertain reliability vs better looking movement. As the 5711 is a simple watch it wont give more to it than that. I think when they start making complication modules on top of the clone movements it will get more interesting.

Reactions: Glaude

chiccovn

4/10/19
I agree with Glaude. I have ordered a 5711 PPF V2. I dont think I will change it for a clone movement. I dont think it will give so much more to the watch itself. A compromise on uncertain reliability vs better looking movement. As the 5711 is a simple watch it wont give more to it than that. I think when they start making complication modules on top of the clone movements it will get more interesting.

you read my and many others’ minds, .. yet holding back for such a long wait will be a challenge for many...will see how long i can ... cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: jm_brc_7057

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Just got QC. Not only are they not engraving the movement, they also haven’t printed the movement. Really hope they’re not all like this. Big disappointment. Also seems to be some with gold hallmarks and some without.

Reactions: vcappp

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Just got QC. Not only are they not engraving the movement, they also haven’t printed the movement. Really hope they’re not all like this. Big disappointment. Also seems to be some with gold hallmarks and some without.

I really hope this is a prototype

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
So do I mate. Unbelievable isn’t it?

What I think is most unbelievable is that TDs try to sell us this shit. Same happened with the new ZF15400 where TDs tried to sell prototype dials to the members. I'm really sick of having to look out for this shit. Its enough to study the "normal" flaws like misaligned markers etc but now we also have to look out for prototype watches.

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
What I think is most unbelievable is that TDs try to sell us this shit. Same happened with the new ZF15400 where TDs tried to sell prototype dials to the members. I'm really sick of having to look out for this shit. Its enough to study the "normal" flaws like misaligned markers etc but now we also have to look out for prototype watches.

Might reconsider Rep game as a hobby... this ain’t Main Street Apple Store... If you can’t handle dodgy of those grey markets you are in for a lot of frustrations...
Best,

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Might reconsider Rep game as a hobby... this ain’t Main Street Apple Store... If you can’t handle dodgy of those grey markets you are in for a lot of frustrations...
Best,

I am in the rep game since a year now and I know how it works.

If our TDs are called "TRUSTED" dealers, I dont think they should sell prototype stuff to any of us. This is not what trust is about. If those TDs dont know themselves about those prototypes they damn well should figure it out before selling v0.5 versions.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I am in the rep game since a year now and I know how it works.

If our TDs are called "TRUSTED" dealers, I dont think they should sell prototype stuff to any of us. This is not what trust is about. If those TDs dont know themselves about those prototypes they damn well should figure it out before selling v0.5 versions.

If you know how this all works - how come so that you didn‘t consider that the QC department often doesn‘t know anything about particular models or specific versions and what to look out for.

most of the time they know the basics but are not nitpicking like us as they are most presumably not enthusiastic about what they are doing as they do it for a living with a special kind of pressure on top of it - if you know how life goes over there in china. Especially if you are in the rep business.

Seeing watches like shown in the picture above is unacceptable - i totally agree on that but blaming it only on the TD is often not precise enough as there are so many factors to take into consideration.

The communication during the festive season might not be the best as it is busy as hell and not surprisingly with all those new releases to catch the masses right before they are willing to spend a ton of money on new acquisitions ;)

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
If you know how this all works - how come so that you didn‘t consider that the QC department often doesn‘t know anything about particular models or specific versions and what to look out for.

most of the time they know the basics but are not nitpicking like us as they are most presumably not enthusiastic about what they are doing as they do it for a living with a special kind of pressure on top of it - if you know how life goes over there in china. Especially if you are in the rep business.

Seeing watches like shown in the picture above is unacceptable - i totally agree on that but blaming it only on the TD is often not precise enough as there are so many factors to take into consideration.

The communication during the festive season might not be the best as it is busy as hell and not surprisingly with all those new releases to catch the masses right before they are willing to spend a ton of money on new acquisitions ;)

Agreed. But at the same time I want the watch I ordered. When I sent a TD a link or even directly purchase it from their homepage I expect it to be the same version I paid for.

with a new release I expect it to be a v1 and not a v0.5. Admittedly it’s not easy with the release of a recently updated version (v1 to v2) since factories obviously still have old stock and I don’t think the TD is at fault here, since you do have to check those differences between the version yourself if you want the newest version.

however, I think that’s completely different for prototype watches since, at least I, don’t consider them to be “complete” watches in the first place.

Reactions: bill33

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Just to clarify, the image I posted wasn’t the fault of the TD. It’s probably the first one he’s seen. The factory’s shouldn’t be sending them out like that though.

Reactions: Glaude

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Just to clarify, the image I posted wasn’t the fault of the TD. It’s probably the first one he’s seen. The factory’s shouldn’t be sending them out like that though.

Agreed. I don’t think the TD is really at fault, but I do think the TD needs to manage that with the factory all together so that no prototypes even circulate into the sales process. However, that does seem a little ambitious when I think about it.

Reactions: bill33

chiccovn

4/10/19

1-F3-AA159-3201-4-B41-B5-B9-00-C4-D7-CC7546.jpg

to the bright side, i like the look of the movement, it looks smooth from a blurred picture :)).. can you post better pic?
I consider it a work in progress, and thank god TDs have QC process so you can reject if you want.. here in my country next to China we dont have QC as we order... returning is impossible unless it is a wrong movement

Last edited: