• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

police raid in china

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
From what I’ve heard VS wasn’t hit but have slowed way down. Have others slowed down too?

Mr Heuristics

Known Member
24/2/20
Sounds like CLEAN didn't grease the right palms. What a coincidence that they took out the top dog. What factory sold 'em out? I think we should start a gentleman's betting pool and see what factories fall and how long to recover.

Reactions: Zeta7

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Sounds like CLEAN didn't grease the right palms. What a coincidence that they took out the top dog. What factory sold 'em out? I think we should start a gentleman's betting pool and see what factories fall and how long to recover.
Isn’t it obvious. Didn’t they recently stop using one movement and go with another movement on the most expensive model? That movement they stopped using costs as much as many other complete reps. The maker of that movement just so happens to make all the real 1:1 movements and has agreements with the biggest companies. Clean took a huge bag of money away from someone and thought nobody would or could do anything. Now Someone will be lucky not to be dropped in a monkey cage for eternity. They’ll probably be given a chance to keep bringing bags of money to someone and get nothing. The Chinese do their capitalism a little differently than we do.

hailinying

Looking Around
24/11/22
There's a festival called 315 in China,it's consumer rights Day in China,many controls policy will be strengthened near this time, but will be restored after the time has passed.

Reactions: Mr Heuristics

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
So with something like this are they selling them with the intent of passing them as gen? Or are they just going for a TD to be passed off at $500?
My guess is they were watches going to people in the area.

Reactions: Got20Mate

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
It's like when the DEA announces a 10 million dollar seizure of drugs... thats street value. Probably cost 1/50th of that to produce....
With the dea it might’ve been $10m to start with but ended up a couple of 🎱 after they were done with it. 😂

tomriddle

Renowned Member
25/6/07
Are we really discussing a slight misprint on a minuscule engraving that is not even visible when the watch is worn???

Newsflash: there are countless instances of misprints on gen rolex clasps!
it's RWI..

we won't be satisfied until the rep is better than the gen :unsure:

Timswatches

Horology Curious
20/3/24
There are raids but it’s not always our beloved factories that get hit :). Sometimes it is just warehouses where other sellers stock a bunch of watches. Clean is fine.

And I agree.
Clean is fine or smaller factories who copied Clean molds are supplying sellers fake Clean watches? My American friend in China says the Resl Clean is boarded up equipment confiscated . You can’t reopen down the street with new equipment in a short period. Noob never recovered, rumors of being a partner in Clean but never reopened and N factory is pretending to be Noob reamerged . I have two dealers saying closed and one trying to sell me a fake clean how ironic cloning a clone.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Clean is fine or smaller factories who copied Clean molds are supplying sellers fake Clean watches? My American friend in China says the Resl Clean is boarded up equipment confiscated . You can’t reopen down the street with new equipment in a short period. Noob never recovered, rumors of being a partner in Clean but never reopened and N factory is pretending to be Noob reamerged . I have two dealers saying closed and one trying to sell me a fake clean how ironic cloning a clone.
I recently had a fake Clean Factory GMT across my bench. The guy who sent it to me bought from a non-TD. I told the guy he had a fake Clean because it didn’t have a DD3285 movement but rather a VR/SH3285 movement. The guy told his dealer that who then replied with this:

So I sent this to my guy and suggested he forward it to his non-TD

Only one data point, but there are fake Clean factory watches in circulation complete with stickers and sellers willing to flog them. Be careful out there everyone.

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
I snagged a genuine clean bluesy a couple of weeks after the raid. My non trusted dealer had it in stock. Still waiting on my clean Pepsi v3 bezel

Jimbothegreat

Known Member
Patron
Certified
30/12/23
I just got a couple of Bruce Wayne GMT's from Clean with DD3285 movement. They aren't closed, just slow.

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Must be from pre raid stock if current sources can be believed, they say that the CF is completely closed, empty factory, all equipment confiscated.

This is possibly why there is a shit ton of fake clean floating around now ;)
They might’ve packed up and moved. They’re supposed to have exclusive contract with Dandong on the dd3285 movement so if those movements are what’s in those recently ordered GMTs they’re making watches somewhere.

Reactions: Dave2302