• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

police raid in china

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
I honestly don't have a clue, just repoting a recent post on here from one of our sages ;)

Personally, until I read an update to the contrary, I certainly wouldn't risk it.
Also, if I was chucking that sort of coin at a rep I would sooner buy VSF in most instances anyway.

DrGran

7/3/17
Ultima Thule
Must be from pre raid stock if current sources can be believed, they say that the CF is completely closed, empty factory, all equipment confiscated.

This is possibly why there is a shit ton of fake clean floating around now ;)
fake clean :unsure: 😁

idiom

For now one is enough
20/5/24
Yep, no shit, one of the TD's on here bought a few to get a look see and sold them on cheap, obviously he made it clear they were fakes of reps lol !!
Who did that and with which model?

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
They are all sold now. I believe one was the new GMT with Grey / Black bezel, and one or two Subs.
They’ve been around a while. I bought some last year that had 2836 movements that were supposed to be clean. What gave them away were the stickers were bad and the crystals were good. Then I found out clean doesn’t make reps with 2836 movements. They’re really nice so it didn’t bother me too much. I was just gouged on the price.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave2302 and idiom

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
They’ve been around a while. I bought some last year that had 2836 movements that were supposed to be clean. What gave them away were the stickers were bad and the crystals were good. Then I found out clean doesn’t make reps with 2836 movements. They’re really nice so it didn’t bother me too much. I was just gouged on the price.

Yes, they have been about for a while. I think we may have lost in translation that my post was actually referring to the TD who actually bougt a few for evaluation purpose and sold them on very cheap with full disclosure.

Sorry to hear that you seem to have paid over the odds, but I think from what you say, it agrees with the TD that although they were fakes of reps they were still reasonable quality (y)

Reactions: Zeta7 and idiom

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Yes, they have been about for a while. I think we may have lost in translation that my post was actually referring to the TD who actually bougt a few for evaluation purpose and sold them on very cheap with full disclosure.

Sorry to hear that you seem to have paid over the odds, but I think from what you say, it agrees with the TD that although they were fakes of reps they were still reasonable quality (y)
Yes. The member we were talking about was straight forward and wasn’t cheating anyone. The savings was passed on to the buyers and they were decent reps.
I was trying to say that they’re more common than people know and because of their quality they’re oftentimes passed off as cleans without telling buyers. The seller of the reps we were talking about was being honest about the watches and you couldn’t ask for more from a seller.

Reactions: Dave2302

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
are we still talking about the raid?

Not really, the last few posts are basically discussing Fake Clean and the honesty of a TD who deliberately bough a few to evaluate them, and decided that (WITH FULL DISCLOSURE) they were pretty good so sold the ones he had at a very good price.

I was quite sorry that I missed the Bruce Wayne GMT at £375 inc postage by a mere few minutes :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
I was trying to say that they’re more common than people know and because of their quality they’re oftentimes passed off as cleans without telling buyers.

Yes, we are definitely trying to get the same point across here (y)

Jimbothegreat

Known Member
Patron
Certified
30/12/23
Must be from pre raid stock if current sources can be believed, they say that the CF is completely closed, empty factory, all equipment confiscated.

This is possibly why there is a shit ton of fake clean floating around now ;)

I’m placing orders with them every week. I’ve got over 10 GMT’s on the way and they’re not pre-raid stock. Pepsi v3 and BWs go quick, I doubt anyone can hold on to them since before the raids. Also BWs were released months after the raids.
They are just not at full capacity as they are trying to stay lowkey.

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Good to hear, contradicts what I read on here from a well respected source, but hey, if your ordering from them then great news (y)

Reactions: Jimbothegreat

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
I’m placing orders with them every week. I’ve got over 10 GMT’s on the way and they’re not pre-raid stock. Pepsi v3 and BWs go quick, I doubt anyone can hold on to them since before the raids. Also BWs were released months after the raids.
If you think about it and there’s enough meat on the bone to make it worth your while, grab up a couple with 2836 movements. Some people prefer them over the 3285 clones. Just a suggestion but you can count me in for a two tone with black and grey bezel or black and brown.

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas

Indeed- texted with Marvelous today- he said Clean is not closed.

Reactions: Dave2302 and Zeta7

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Good news on clean. The clean GMT dd3285 movement doesn’t have spare parts available. It'd be good to hear more from @Jimbothegreat on the reps he shared his good fortune with before. Those have spare parts. Just my humble opinion

Jimbothegreat

Known Member
Patron
Certified
30/12/23
Good news on clean. The clean GMT dd3285 movement doesn’t have spare parts available. It'd be good to hear more from @Jimbothegreat on the reps he shared his good fortune with before. Those have spare parts. Just my humble opinion
All the GMTs I receive have DD3285. There were rumors about Clean not using it anymore but I wasn’t going to accept any other movement unless it was official news. Any GMT from clean without DD3285 to me is a fake as of now.

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
All the GMTs I receive have DD3285. There were rumors about Clean not using it anymore but I wasn’t going to accept any other movement unless it was official news. Any GMT from clean without DD3285 to me is a fake as of now.
I’m sorry but do I have you mixed up with the member that came across some really nice fake cleans and passed the savings on to some lucky buyers?

Last edited: