• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean 45,5 mm. AT maker miyota

markiemark

Bracelet King
18/4/13
EU
I want to buy this for my dad as a gift. Stuck between this and the Noob. Is (the) Miyota really that bad, besides the low beat rate? Folks with the AP15400 Miyota version are pretty excited...!

And oh, am I the only one who doesnt know where AT stands for? Audemars Tiquet?

markiemark

Bracelet King
18/4/13
EU
Oh ofcourse! Aqua Terra!

Sorry, this is the first time I'm in the Omega section ;)

markiemark

Bracelet King
18/4/13
EU
Eventhough the Noob is back in stock, I orderd a Miyota. It just looks better to me and I don't care about a possible jerky seconds hand because I won't stare at it..

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
that makes no sense to me.
youd rather have the back of the watch look good vs the front of the watch?

the dial and the tick is what you stare at every time you look at the watch but you prefer to have the better looking back..?

TheDonSL

28/12/13

the dial and the tick is what you stare at every time you look at the watch but you prefer to have the better looking back..?

The tick would bother me, however as long as it's reliable, there are us guys who love to look at not only the beauty from the front, but from the behind too!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bc1221

30/4/14
hey, i love a great behind as much as the next guy but on a watch, its not even visible.
thats like buying a car because you like the decorations inside the hood.

i think whatever movement you end up with is as reliable as the others but that low beat would drive me crazy after having other high beat movements.
if it was a small second hand like on a PAM or a chrono, no biggie but its a big second hand with a bright orange tip!

markiemark

Bracelet King
18/4/13
EU

Im not talking about the movement. I'm talking about the entire watch. To me the dial looks better, from the ones I've seen so far. Lots of Noobs have a crooked/misaligned dial. Ofcourse I know some don't...

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
I have had mine for well over a month now and the watch looks great yes the seconds hand is not as smooth as a 2836 based watch but it's very nice and not jerky. I wear it everyday since I'm on vacation and not a single problem. I wind it everyday so you see no problem there. I did scratch the orange bezel insert so I guess it's just printed on and not anodized. If anyone knows where I can get an AT maker orange bezel insert. I have asked 3 TDs with no love so let me know. I did order a NOOB 45 mm a2836 from Ryan at in time just because I could so I can show you side by sides when I get back to USA. But really this is a decent watch. Maybe a minute off 3 days but I don't really nit pick.

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
I have had mine for well over a month now and the watch looks great yes the seconds hand is not as smooth as a 2836 based watch but it's very nice and not jerky. I wear it everyday since I'm on vacation and not a single problem. I wind it everyday so you see no problem there. I did scratch the orange bezel insert so I guess it's just printed on and not anodized. If anyone knows where I can get an AT maker orange bezel insert. I have asked 3 TDs with no love so let me know. I did order a NOOB 45 mm a2836 from Ryan at in time just because I could so I can show you side by sides when I get back to USA. But really this is a decent watch. Maybe a minute off 3 days but I don't really nit pick.

Great! A comparison between Noob and AT is really needed!

Sent from my iPad Mini Retina using Tapatalk

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Remind me when I get back. The first week I will be busy with work and house . I leave Sunday.

ColPanic

Supporter
Certified
17/11/13
There are some significant problems with these - and the jerky second hand is the least of them.
1. It doesn't hack
2. Any time you move the watch around the second hand stutters
3. The decorations are nice but they are NOT going to fool ANYONE who knows the difference between a 2836 and an 8500 anyway
4. The ETA clone movements we have (28xx) are very reliable and when they do need service ANY watch maker can get parts for them and repair them. Replacement clone movements are easy to find.
5. Good luck finding someone to work on one of these.
5. The 8215 is a cheap movement and it looks and acts like one. It is nowhere near the quality of ETA or their clones. That quality is apparent every tim you manually wind it or adjust the time.
6. The rotor spins around like mad. VERY non gen-like.

By going with this movement you are giving up a rock solid, reliable and proven movement for a cheap 21j with a faux decoration plate that will fool precisely no one.

stxtf

Renowned Member
4/4/11
Disappointing as the Noob option is top notch in every detail, save the movement which runs well but looks like cheap Chinese tinfoil

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland
I got the same watch from Toro, and ColPanic is absolutely right with his list. BUT..., besides the movement, this rep is simply stunning ! Would be interesting to see a comparison noob vs this one (AT?)