• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean 45,5 mm. AT maker miyota

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
I got it for $338 since that's what I had paid for the NOOB that never materialized Plus free shipping because I bought an Explorer 2 and already paid for shipping so in the same box they go. Crossing Fingers.

smacka

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/3/13
Now I wish I'd known about this issue before I bought mine. I know that it's not a big issue but it bugs me. I think I'll sell it.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Now I wish I'd known about this issue before I bought mine. I know that it's not a big issue but it bugs me. I think I'll sell it.

if its the movement that bugs you why not change the movement, Miyota makes a better one and who knows if a real new swiss 2836 would fit, I will judge mine when it gets here. PS Lucy sent mine back because she didn't like the pearl..so I know she is looking out for me, I didn't see anything wrong with the pearl but even macro shots are deceptive. She told me the crown was not wobbly like a bent wheel , that's a question I had asked because puretime had a video up just for a day were you could see that problem.
http://www.citizen.co.jp/miyota_mvt/download/#8215

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
I can't decide between the Noob version or the Miyota

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
338 for a low beat. This has made me start to wonder if these threads are funded by the watch maker or some sort of cartels. Last low beat omega I bought set me back $60. I'm thinking I'm better off looking for a V5 than this junk.

TheDonSL

28/12/13
So what's better? The ETA version or Miyota???

TheDonSL

28/12/13
Thanks but besides the movement or sweep which I am not as concerned about... Is the dial, bracelet, etc the same quality? I know the ETA version is Noob factory, but who makes the Miyota one??

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
Thanks but besides the movement or sweep which I am not as concerned about... Is the dial, bracelet, etc the same quality? I know the ETA version is Noob factory, but who makes the Miyota one??

The Miyota knee is made by AT Maker. The dial, bracelet and everything is the same ( from what I can see).

Sent from my iPad Mini Retina using Tapatalk

TheDonSL

28/12/13
Thanks I am going to get the Miyota one!

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
Thanks I am going to get the Miyota one!

Don't forget to post pics and review ;)
Also look to the hands as they may stutter when rotating watch at different angles.

TheDonSL

28/12/13
Will do! I won't order for a month or so though I think... Have 4 new watches arriving today and the AP bumble bee in order! I want to wait to see what else comes out and then order another 4 beauties! Lol

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
Will do! I won't order for a month or so though I think... Have 4 new watches arriving today and the AP bumble bee in order! I want to wait to see what else comes out and then order another 4 beauties! Lol

I won't order it before the 42mm comes out. If there won't be 42mm at the end of June, I will go for Noob CrPO or LMPO.

TheDonSL

28/12/13
I am sticking with 44mm or bigger watches from now on. The smaller watches are just too small for me, however I still love my Smurf Submariner Noob V2

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
I am sticking with 44mm or bigger watches from now on. The smaller watches are just too small for me, however I still love my Smurf Submariner Noob V2

Lucky you are. I have tiny 6-6.5" wrists

Arkangex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/6/10
The watch is very good, and looks good. But I'm pretty upset, talking to Toro, clearly specify that wanted a NOOB, I confirm the stock, I order a NOOB edition, and now I find here, a maker AT?

I do not understand which is better noob or AT??

varsitymisc

Known Member
1/1/13
The watch is very good, and looks good. But I'm pretty upset, talking to Toro, clearly specify that wanted a NOOB, I confirm the stock, I order a NOOB edition, and now I find here, a maker AT?

The he noob is significantly better, in both movement and in aesthetic accuracy/quality. If you like, click my user name to see my thread explaining the AT I got - same situation as you, I ordered the noob.

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13

Just order which you like more. They are the same, but Noob has better movement while AT is more accurate (decorated movement). But you need to look at hands to get the good one. Second hand may stutter while rotating the watch at different angles.