• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} PAM Boutique Special Editions – KW vs. Hmaker PAM417 – ALE-Klockis Review

Ecko

Horology Curious
3/9/12
Klockis is absalutly correct, its really a sad matter that some people can display such outright audacity.

Here you have two well respected members, who for the most part, are the go to guys for anything PAM related on this board. They have jobs, families and personal lives away from this place, yet they still find time to prepare detailed reviews that to my knowledge do not exist in any other watches sub forum. Not to offend the rolex area, or IWC area, but none of these places have a review guides that are as complete and as up to date as our PAM Section.

People dont realize that because of these detailed reviews, countless members have been able to research and find the best watches for themselves over and over. Would you all rather go back to having people ask what the best pam is every 20 seconds? Comments that were made in this thread were entirely uncalled for and disrespectful. Things like this can discourage future reviews and then what about the rest of us, we would all be Sh*t out of luck.

I am hoping that there were misunderstanding due to language barriers/translations, and not just simple disrespect. Ale/Klockis have done an outstanding job showing the positives and the negatives of these watches, in terms of aspects that have been reviewed to date.

I think i speak for the mass majority when i say that we value the tremendous effort and detail that was put into this review. So much talk, but so little action - if any of you think this was biased, feel free to provide us with your own detailed reviews that will undoubtedly lack the quality and precision that was provided by these two guru's.

+1 the time and effort put into this is priceless. I was never into Pams until now. Can't wait to get my hands on one. GREAT WORK GUYS!!!

kingkaiser

18/8/08
Don't you know? With gen-like feel, you don't need to bother little things like lug-profile and lever tip accuracy.

I agree actually. My noob 111 has been gifted since its accuracy meant nothing given that it just felt like a rep. This one, with it's inaccuracies is something I love wearing MORE than some of my gens because it simply looks incredible and screams quality. A 1mm lever tip doesn't mean much when the other 43mm dont fit the bill.

kingkaiser

18/8/08
Excellent and very detailed review as always, keep your chins up boys! There will always be some people that complain about one thing or another, but you must look beyond that and look at what the masses think about you outstanding work.

I am a firm believer in allowing everyone to voice their opinion, but it should be done more tactfully keeping personal attacks out of the mix. These two gentlemen worked very hard to make this excellent review, and where some my differ with their observations no need to make false or unsubstantiated accusations.

All of this silly stuff aside, EXCELLENT WORK GENTLEMEN, KEEP THE GREAT WORK COMING!!!!!:cheers:

Hear hear. It's honestly pathetic that people are accusing ale and klocksis of shilling a watch because they disagree with their views. I think noob are overrated but damn dude, doesn't mean everyone else is paid off by a factory. Especially guys like ale who have published on virtually every factory out there!

Don't let these guys bring you down. This review was incredible, and many of us are hoping for more of similar quality

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Perry

12/5/07
Bottom line .....is Ale and Klocksis right or wrong? I have the kv 417 and also many noob Pams as well as several h factory versions. I have the latest noob 390 as a recent example. I can tell you without any hesitation that Ale and Klocksis are on the money accurate in their conclusions/thoughts concerning the kv417. The kv watch FIT and FINISH are a step ahead of all other rep Pams. As just one example....all reps Pams I have including the noob 390 have an unfinished appearance at top and bottom of the case around the case lugs. It's like they never bothered to polish out smooth this area since it's not generally visible wrist distance. Now look at the kv417.....every mm has been polished smooth with no ripples and a mirror like quality. The noob 390 is a great rep but I wish I had bought the kv version since I've heard it's case is as good as the kv417.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
@ Dr.Dre
@ PK Nutsy
@ EckoMna
@ Kingkayser
@ Perry

Hi friends
You really are nice and kind
Your comments are encouraging for Klockis and me
You are the main reason to continue hard working.

Next week, ALE-Klockis Luminor Case-sets Noob vs. KW vs. H maker (MEGA) review will be published.
Many comparisons and new data, some surprises, good info, interesting reading, good conclusions .... at last only the truth but now with proofs and evidences.

Yes Perry, just looking at the contours of KW lugs you feel the quality of these reps (watches better). The same as KW PAM 312 and PAM 359, every detail is well made and carefully finished. Why people are talking about this replica without having seen one? You cannot judge the quality of this replica without having it in person !!.
Owners know what I'm talking about.

ALE

Perry

12/5/07
Ale......I bought the Noob 390 and am actually wearing it now. However after buying the kv417 I am spoiled. It actually bothers me that the noob has surface ripples around it's lugs! Can you tell me does the kv390 have as good fit and finish as the kv417? I'm thinking of buying the kv390 if it's as good as the kv417. What do you say?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I have at this moment in front of me six Luminor
2 KW 417
1 KW 390
1 H maker 390
1 111 Noob
1 117 Noob
The lug contours of KW390 are exactly the same as 417 lugs. Clean and well defined, the KW case is the same.
But, be careful, the cristal is different, Klockis KW390 cristal is strong blue, my KW 390 cristal is very similar to KW 417 but is a Little more blue and a bit stronger (but always in second reflection)
Noob and H maker have a lot of marks around the lugs inside, outside and at the top (the more bothering). after four months studying Luminor cases I know very well what you are talking about

PAMLUMINORLUGSCONTOURS_zps1059efa6.jpg

ALE

nitros83

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/13
Sorry to hijack the tread, I'm new here can you guy tell me where I can buy one of this lovely watches?

Thanks

Sent from my iFonzie
using Tapatalk

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Sorry to hijack the tread, I'm new here can you guy tell me where I can buy one of this lovely watches?
Thanks

Sent from my iFonzie
using Tapatalk

Firstly welcome to RWI

You are not hijacking this thread you are just posting in an inappropriate place. And besides you have not made your homeworks.
There is a lot of info in this Section about these watches. You have just to try finding it.

If you want to continue and enjoy this hobby you should be less lazy
icon7.gif
icon7.gif

ALE

That said:

Please contact Kuvarsit

Li [email protected]

Or better contact our RWI TDs asking for Kuvarsit PAM 417-416-or 411

nitros83

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/13
Firstly welcome to RWI

You are not hijacking this thread you are just posting in an inappropriate place. And besides you have not made your homeworks.
There is a lot of info in this Section about these watches. You have just to try finding it.

If you want to continue and enjoy this hobby you should be less lazy
icon7.gif
icon7.gif

ALE

That said:

Please contact Kuvarsit

Li [email protected]

Or better contact our RWI TDs asking for Kuvarsit PAM 417-416-or 411

Thanks for the reply I been looking to find the info require I couldn't find them I guess I still try to get my head around of the forum lay out.

Thanks again

Sent from my iFonzie
using Tapatalk

Perry

12/5/07
Ale...can you post that picture over on RG in the Pam section? I am having a discussion with those who don't see or understand the poor finish of the noob around the case lugs. That photo would help them understand.

kingkaiser

18/8/08
Ale...can you post that picture over on RG in the Pam section? I am having a discussion with those who don't see or understand the poor finish of the noob around the case lugs. That photo would help them understand.

Perry I wouldn't bother. Its literally troll-baiting there, and I don't think they want to have a discussion at all. Its their call tbh - I've owned the noob and while its accuracy is scary, it hasnt been finished / polished as well IMO. KV is the opposite, and you'll take a hit on the accuracy - I'm fine with that tradeoff, but the people on that thread clearly aren't.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11

Perry I wouldn't bother. Its literally troll-baiting there, and I don't think they want to have a discussion at all. Its their call tbh - I've owned the noob and while its accuracy is scary, it hasnt been finished / polished as well IMO. KV is the opposite, and you'll take a hit on the accuracy - I'm fine with that tradeoff, but the people on that thread clearly aren't.

Many thanks friends

This pic and other ones will be published in the review about cases, more or less next week.
No need to do nothing at this moment.
People in RG really cannot hear things against their thoughts, they are really closed to new things, even the truth. We would or will need some evidences. Let me wait for the review.
Concerning accuracy there will be some surprises too. No all things are like people believe at this moment.
We are taking Noob as the reference BUT THE REFERENCE IS THE GEN !!! Don't forget it !!
Many thanks Perry for this support (I know you really are thinking like that), but I think, like kingkaiser, that it is better leave this fight... for the moment... LOL.
We will have time to discuss when the publication of the cases review.
Thanks again and keeep faithfull to the truth in this hobby, it is the way to progress and get better replicas in the future

ALE

Kleen

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/13
I'm having a lot of fun playing the 'gen-like feel' on the other two boards.

The funny thing is that even though it can be (mis)used as a way to 'measure rubber band by the meter' it does make very much sense when you actually have the KW's in direct comparison with a gen. Most of the board members in ridiculing denial are the ones who don't (yet) have (had) a KW in their hands to compare with...

InDenial

Known Member
17/6/12
Mine has just been shipped. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on it!

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
To each their own.. the lug shape would bother me too much, while the "ripples" would not-- If it did I am pretty good with the buffer and finishing cases. I can fix that, but the lug shape is impossible to fix. But, this is my own opinion.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
To each their own.. the lug shape would bother me too much, while the "ripples" would not-- If it did I am pretty good with the buffer and finishing cases. I can fix that, but the lug shape is impossible to fix. But, this is my own opinion.

Lug shape both noob and kv are different from gen.

Thanks Perry for your support
You really are right
Noob lugs are wrong at the top and KW lugs are wrong at the bottom
I really don't know why people are saying that noob lugs are accurate!
The most bothering thing is that KW holes have a bit higher position

And there are more surprises, you will see all that in the next review

I think it is better waiting for the review to continue the discussion
As you can see I have stopped posting about this matter in other fora.

ALE

Perry

12/5/07
Is there any way to test the type steel being used? The kv case sheen is so good and flawless I am thinking is not just polishing but a higher grade of steel involved.