• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} PAM Boutique Special Editions – KW vs. Hmaker PAM417 – ALE-Klockis Review

kindred666

12/3/12
Thanks Perry for your support
You really are right
Noob lugs are wrong at the top and KW lugs are wrong at the bottom
I really don't know why people are saying that noob lugs are accurate!
The most bothering thing is that KW holes have a bit higher position

And there are more surprises, you will see all that in the next review

I think it is better waiting for the review to continue the discussion
As you can see I have stopped posting about this matter in other fora.

ALE

Totally agreed, the plain bashing was just going nowhere... That said, the amount of efforts, time and going into the tutorial of the review has amazed me more than the watch itself. Great job again!!!

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
Okay, so the lugs are both off.. Cool, but to me the noob lugs are less obvious than the KW lugs.. Again, it is a matter of preference. I like my lugs chunky like Pre-V lugs.. Also, I think the mind has a wonderful way of playing tricks on you.. just saying:) Lets not get upset over something that at the end of the day is a personal choice. Both I think are great reps and on a level we didn't see when I started buying reps in 2005..

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Totally agreed, the plain bashing was just going nowhere... That said, the amount of efforts, time and going into the tutorial of the review has amazed me more than the watch itself. Great job again!!!

Thanks friend, you really are encouraging and nice

ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Okay, so the lugs are both off.. Cool, but to me the noob lugs are less obvious than the KW lugs.. Again, it is a matter of preference. I like my lugs chunky like Pre-V lugs.. Also, I think the mind has a wonderful way of playing tricks on you.. just saying:) Lets not get upset over something that at the end of the day is a personal choice. Both I think are great reps and on a level we didn't see when I started buying reps in 2005..

Really susprised
These are almost my thoughts
I admit (indeed I will write it in the review) that Noob and KW lugs are worng, but KW is a bit more evident and Noob are overall nicer. besides KW has the lug holes a bit higher.
But I must admit too that the gen-like sensation of the KW is not present in Noob
Then, since it is a personal taste, as you well said, I prefer KW
In the same way, it is completely normal and respectable you prefer Noob.
And this is the way for a discussion and an agreement

And replicas have improved because people like us in the fora are studying and analyzing and discussing about issues

ALE

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
Crazy stuff how passionate one gets over a rep though.. The positives of these heated discussions is that, like you say, the vendors that have close relationships with certain factories get insight and thus push to change/enhance some of their products. I think it does more good than harm.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
:jaw: this thread takes review to another level... you people are insane...:D:

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
:jaw: this thread takes review to another level... you people are insane...:D:

Thanks Pap
It is not a matter of insanity, it is simply a matter of work
Actually two months of work
Or that really is more insane still ??

ALE

kingkaiser

18/8/08
Also, I think the mind has a wonderful way of playing tricks on you.. just saying:) Lets not get upset over something that at the end of the day is a personal choice. Both I think are great reps and on a level we didn't see when I started buying reps in 2005..

See that's a well stated and non offensive opinion. Not exactly representative of how things went down elsewhere, with people being attacked and called shills, etc. It's fine to have differing views, but outside high school, pretty unacceptable to attack others for having a different view.

Anyway, I don't think anyone here had a personal investment in this. It's good for us as buyers if the factories learn from what other factories got right, and update their products. IMO Kvs finish and noobs higher accuracy would result in a phenomenal rep, which is why it's good for buyers to see different sides of the rep game. Both factories will only change when tds point this out to them, and that will come from an engaged and open minded membership.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
@ebzen
@kingkaiser

Very wise comments yours
I this way we will improve the reps and will enjoy our hobby and friendship.

THIS IS A HOOBY NOT A WAR !!

Thanks for your cooperation
ALE

Kleen

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/13
ALE: Have you attempted to pry the prop cog-wheel out of your P9K-movement. I'm thinking about it, as that piece of plastic really annoys me.

Whoopsi-daisy - just realised this belongs in the KW312/359 thread instead...:)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
ALE: Have you attempted to pry the prop cog-wheel out of your P9K-movement. I'm thinking about it, as that piece of plastic really annoys me.

Whoopsi-daisy - just realised this belongs in the KW312/359 thread instead...:)

I have done nothing. I don’t like mods. You take the risk of leaving some bit of the plastic into the movement !!

Anyway it is curious, Angus trying to include quickly the wheel in his decorations and you trying to eliminate it asap… LOL…

I think that with the always moving rotor the wheel or anything is not actually very bothering.

ALE

Kleen

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/13
Yes - I guess it is kind of ironic, now you mention it:)

nitros83

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/13
So is the KW the best rep about Pam or there is better ones?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Kleen

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/13

Define 'best'?

In sync with my personal preferences: Yes!
But I am but a sample of one...

- or even better: The PCT have put a lot of work into making this review, so why not read it and make up your own mind?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11

Define 'best'?

In sync with my personal preferences: Yes!
But I am but a sample of one...

- or even better: The PCT have put a lot of work into making this review, so why not read it and make up your own mind?

Yes Kleen
This is the point
No one rep is perfect, then it is a taste matter as said in the review. There is is not and absbolute reply
I don't know if KW PAM 417 is the best PAM replica, PAM 243 029 and even 005 117 or 390 Noob are very good, you have too KW 312 and 359 . I can say it is clearly the most enjoying PAM replica for me.

ALE

InDenial

Known Member
17/6/12
Because of the hard work and objective information provided by many people on this forum, and specifically Ale and Klockis in this review (thank you!), I decided that the KW417 would be the right PAM for me and the flaws it has are ones that I can live with.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Because of the hard work and objective information provided by many people on this forum, and specifically Ale and Klockis in this review (thank you!), I decided that the KW417 would be the right PAM for me and the flaws it has are ones that I can live with.

Thanks friend
I assure you that you will not get disappointed
And you will enjoy this rep more than many others
ALE

owram2

Horology Curious
2/7/13
Amazing work!! Can only imagine the time spent on all this and i finished reading it in an hour.

Thanks for the effort!!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
This is by far one of the best reviews I've seen. Thanks for all your hard work.

Amazing work!! Can only imagine the time spent on all this and i finished reading it in an hour.

Thanks for the effort!!

Thanks frind for your kind comments
Hopefully, next week we will publish the Luminor Cases Review

Take three hours to read it !

ALE