• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} Noob 360 release - Discussion - ( QC pics allowed )

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
SOOOO which do you think is better? Maybe the same but at different ends of the spectrum?

Yeah that's where I'm leaning, one shade up for h one shade down for noob.

Out of everything I saw, the video is most convincing and am leaning heavy right now towards h, but give it 20 mins and I'll prolly change my mind.

I think answering "Is the gen 360 a grey watch or a black watch", would decide the choice for me.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi tranzmizzion
Many thanks for the pics
You are doing a very good and interesting job in this thread.
Congrats

ALE

Perry

12/5/07
I THINK we need to petition Angus to fix the Noob 360 and then it will be the best. A shade lighter in case color, fix the 3 and ever so slightly thin out the dial font. For now I will stick with my H factory latest.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Since the pics and job from tranzmizzion seem very convincing.

How can we reconcile these results with the conclusions from Klockis study, very convincing too but almost opposite ??

I would like to know the opinions from Klockis and tranzmizzion

Please
ALE

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
On the gen it the case is lighter than the dial.... even in the darker pictures, the case is lighter than the dial.

In the hfac, this is true, on the noob, not so much.... That's where I'm currently at here.

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
from another forum

BBQ360WristShot.jpg

That's hfac colors.....

http://www.thedivewatchconnection.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=11361&start=25

AF3E85CE-DDDE-406B-B13D-2E61E3154B9F-1140-000000848F9868E0.jpg

DF3DD7B4-99E7-425E-8596-4EA66A9D41D4-1140-00000083FC6D08C7.jpg

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
On the gen it the case is lighter than the dial.... even in the darker pictures, the case is lighter than the dial.

In the hfac, this is true, on the noob, not so much.... That's where I'm currently at here.

This is one of the best observations in this thread !!

I didn't notice that... THE CONTRAST to the Black dial
Really easy but JUST BRILLIANT my friend !! Congrats!

Clever way to determine the colour
Useful

Thanks
ALE

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12

mykeos

29/3/12
Good job tranzmizzion! From my experience the video can often show color more accurately than the photo. I was checking out photos of composite pam 375 on the web yesterday.In almost every photo the case looked dark grey,almost black. But in the video, you could see the actual color of the watch wich is brown.So again, good job ant thanks for the effort!

Klockis

Renowned Member
5/5/10
Since the pics and job from tranzmizzion seem very convincing.

How can we reconcile these results with the conclusions from Klockis study, very convincing too but almost opposite ??

I would like to know the opinions from Klockis and tranzmizzion

Please
ALE

Thanks tranzmizzion for all the great post in this thread!

ALE: what You have to remember is that the base of my conclusions was my H-fac V1 vs. Kuvarsit photos.
I did this Kuvarsit vs. Noob later since I did not have the H-fac with me anymore when I get my Noobs.

But remember that the H-fac I had was a V1.
What tranzmizzion have is the V1.2.
The V1.2 got the new thinner numbers and a much lighter grey case color then the H-fac V1!

So tranzmizzion is right, the case is much lighter then both the Noob and H-fac V1.
But if I remember member projectologist (who own a gen 360) correctly he said that the H-fac V1 had the closest to gen lume color and numeral shape. But the case was a bit to dark. Also the V1 had shiny CG pin witch is incorrect.
I can be wrong but I think he also said that the V1.2 case color was to light?

I think what we want is something in between the H-fac V1.2 and Noob in color. But without a gen to compare to none of us can be sure.

All versions have their flaws and there is no way of combining them to make it 1:1 perfect. But I'm in the process of trying as I type this.
I have four 360 in front of me in pieces.. Will try to snap some pics of the dials and post later.

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
Thanks tranzmizzion for all the great post in this thread!

ALE: what You have to remember is that the base of my conclusions was my H-fac V1 vs. Kuvarsit photos.
I did this Kuvarsit vs. Noob later since I did not have the H-fac with me anymore when I get my Noobs.

But remember that the H-fac I had was a V1.
What tranzmizzion have is the V1.2.
The V1.2 got the new thinner numbers and a much lighter grey case color then the H-fac V1!

So tranzmizzion is right, the case is much lighter then both the Noob and H-fac V1.
But if I remember member projectologist (who own a gen 360) correctly he said that the H-fac V1 had the closest to gen lume color and numeral shape. But the case was a bit to dark. Also the V1 had shiny CG pin witch is incorrect.
I can be wrong but I think he also said that the V1.2 case color was to light?

I think what we want is something in between the H-fac V1.2 and Noob in color. But without a gen to compare to none of us can be sure.

All versions have their flaws and there is no way of combining them to make it 1:1 perfect. But I'm in the process of trying as I type this.
I have four 360 in front of me in pieces.. Will try to snap some pics of the dials and post later.

I agree. I feel the v1 and the noob are clearly too dark imo, I don't know about the kurvastis, the v2 while a shade too light, conveys, from my study, the "spirit" of the "pencil lead" dlc the best currently....

I thinks 1 shade up from hfac would be best. noob may be a couple shades a bit dark, though better than the hfac v1....

From my studies, I can make the hfac look like almost all the gen pics I found on the internet, especially that youtube, it's almost dead on there. I can also with lighting make it look dark like some of the gens,

What I can't do, is make the Noob look anything like that video. That's where I am at with this.

the youtube, whiskey picture and the watchuwant sale add, all have a very hfac looking case IMO....

All of the "darker" 360 pics that are closer to noob, seem "artistic", and ran through filters for effect if that makes sense.

Here is another gen wrist shot I found Here and quick iphone snap comparison:

F756C67D-DF8B-4A7F-84E3-78A048F8FBD1-1140-000000C06E6A6939.jpg

and here is an example of artistic lighting showing a "dark" 360:

5181601754_495a1b3674_b.jpg

and comparison shot:

3CEF0B8D-E5B7-4C31-9245-ECB0321D974A-1140-000000C14990CEDE.jpg

One thing you will notice is how dark that 360 looks in the origional photo, note how dark the lume is as well....

You also notice hen comparing to the hfac v2 in the second photo it's not that far off considering.

Here is another view. My hfac shadowed by the desk,,, note the color and the lume color, and compare to the smokey picture.

BD41B9B5-F7D5-4764-84B7-730A37A0EB80-1140-000000C202D857EF.jpg

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
@Klockis
@tranzmizzion

Many thanks friends for your comments. Now I get it

All is clear now about difference in opinions.

Then the grades of Grey come from dark to light as follows:

Grades of Grey From DARKER to LIGHTER on PAM 360

-KUVARSIT - H maker V1 (almost the same)
-Noob
-GEN
-H maker V1.2

Ok?

ALE

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
Did he take a rep into an AD? (I saved all the pics incase he catches flak)

anyway pic 3 looks like hfac case and the color of the others (187 etc) look "washed out".... Look at the reflections of the lights the SS bezels, all have a yellow "tinge" so I'm not convinced there.

The other pics case color I can reproduce with the hfac, I cant produce pic 3 with the noob.

Pic 4 holding up the hfac color looks dead on as pic 3. only a slight more "darker" reflection of the case....

Font on radiomor looks yellow too, as does somewhat all the tags maybe? white balance off on the camera possibly.

Font thickness looks hfac.... Lume color looks equal between noob and hfac. maybe more noobish.

That said, pic 5, noob color (more yellow than hfac) looks more correct. Though slight.

In fact look at my guinness picture, looks a lot like the dark pictures of the gen, no?

Perry

12/5/07
SO.....is everyone in agreement now that the current H factory case color is much more gen like vs the NOOB?

Also which is preferable the NOOB dial OR the current H factory dial? Since H factory has the best case color would it make sense putting the noob dial into the H factory case? Would this make the best possible rep 360 available today?

One aspect that has not been discussed is case SHAPE. Is both the h factory and noob the same in this regard? Which of the two has the closest to gen case shape?

Finally looking at the three currently produced rep 360's...H factory, Nob and Kuvarsic which OVERALL is the best choice?

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
SO.....is everyone in agreement now that the current H factory case color is much more gen like vs the NOOB?

Also which is preferable the NOOB dial OR the current H factory dial? Since H factory has the best case color would it make sense putting the noob dial into the H factory case? Would this make the best possible rep 360 available today?

One aspect that has not been discussed is case SHAPE. Is both the h factory and noob the same in this regard? Which of the two has the closest to gen case shape?

Finally looking at the three currently produced rep 360's...H factory, Nob and Kuvarsic which OVERALL is the best choice?

well after my independent study, I kept the hfac and sold the noob.

If they made the noob the same color or a shade darker than hfac and fixed the three it would be the best.

Currently the hfac imo is best.

As for case shape, noob would have it.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I'm preparing a comparison thread about PAM 360 dials. V1, V1.2 and Noob
Unfortunately there is no godd dial for this watch at this moment. You will see it in the thread.
Concerning shape case I assume Nood is better. Isn't it?

ALE

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
I'm preparing a comparison thread about PAM 360 dials. V1, V1.2 and Noob
Unfortunately there is no godd dial for this watch at this moment. You will see it in the thread.
Concerning shape case I assume Nood is better. Isn't it?

ALE

Shape, yes, color, no.