• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} Noob 360 release - Discussion - ( QC pics allowed )

Klockis

Renowned Member
5/5/10
Mod. Edited - ALE:
NOTE: In order to have more and better information, QC pics are allowed and welcome in this Thread

I just thought that we could get a discussion going about the new release from the Noob:
The iconic 360M Paneristi edition.

This one have been my grail Panerai ever since its gen release.
I think I have build 6 different of my own 360.
Davidsen, H-factory, Kuvarsit, Avitt. All have been donors in my builds :)

But now efter a year of rumors Noob factory have finally released their 360.
We don’t have any live pics yet since it was released just this morning:
http://www.puretime.co/product/pam360-m-noob-best-edition-on-vintage-brown-leather-strap/

I will for sure get a couple of them, even if its just to use the DLC case witch looks great.

I have not have the time to study this one closely since I’m prepping for Christmas right now and the ribs are in the oven ;)
But I think history repeats itself when it comes to the dial and numbers.
H-factory has always been better on sausage dials (005/000) and I think this one is no exception.
The top of the number 3 looks to be a bit short.
Also the numbers and indexes look to thick just like on their 005.
But I have noticed that in some pics my own H-fac 360 V1 dial with thin numbers look to be thick, its like the camera adds thickness to the lume (see my pics below).
So I think we have to wait and see it in real life before making final judgment.
This is also true for the case colour. It should be more of a gunmetal dark grey and not black but it’s hard to judge by pics.

Ok, I need to get back to cooking Christmas dinner so please discuss, here are some pics.

Edit:
Here is my H-fac (V1) vs. Kuvarsit (V2) 360 comparison I made a little over a year ago over at RG, might come in handy now:
http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=154244

First a couple of gen pics:
Gen01.jpg

gen02.jpg

gen03.jpg

gen06.jpg

Here is the new Noob:
Noob01.jpg

Noob02.jpg

Noob03.jpg

Noob04.jpg

Noob05.jpg

And just for the fun of it, here is my own 360.
Kuvarsit case, H-factory 360 V1 dial, H-factory 367 vintage hands, Noob 111N V3 crystal, H-factory 360 V1.2 caseback, H-factory 000M movement on a Zeugma strap :)
DSCN1312.jpg

DSCN1314.jpg

Sora

Renowned Member
18/5/12
what i think is,
the kuvarsit latest updated version is more accurate in terms of lume application and case color, the lume is a tad weak thou

gianton

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/12/07
Greece
Was waiting for it and will surely get one. I love my noob 26k and this 360 looks like of the same quality.

boostin20

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/9/10
USA
The indices do look thick, and the cannon pin looks rounded (don't know if that's just reflections though). I'm not really sure how I feel about it.

Relaxman

Renowned Member
3/8/06
My Hfac version what I call 1.2. Does not have Pre-v hands though I have a set just need to be installed.
1d056a86.jpg

Gen for comparison.

81bdcc5b.jpg

be4cf458.jpg

magnum645

Known Member
29/9/09
holy cow this is perfect. Why are we desperate to find something wrong with this one?

Klockis

Renowned Member
5/5/10
holy cow this is perfect. Why are we desperate to find something wrong with this one?

We are not.
But there would be nothing to discuss if it was perfect and how fun would that be? :)
(Then this could be a gen forum and this watch would be one out of 300 gens)

For me I think I will use the movement with incabloc mod, the hands and maybe the case if the color is any good.
I think this Noob will have a hard time matching the quality of the H-fac V1 dial. But thats just IMHO and without seeing it in person.

granvino

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/4/11
So..., which parts will the 'suppa' 360 will have from Noob, H factory and Kuvarsit? That's if one buys all three watches to mix and match at about $300 each(!)?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Firstly many thanks Klockis for starting this interesting thread

This thread is completely necessary because many people (myself included) were waiting almost a year for this release.
This is one of more awaited watches.

I have edited first post allowing and saying welcome QC pics in order to get the more info as possible.

------------------------------------------------
Comments

I have seen just the pics, not directly a sample.
If this dial is the final dial, and it is not a prototype, I don't understand why the Noob factory has waited almost a year for this release.
The dial is completely wrong and the markers are not PAM 360 markers they seem the dial markers of a PAM 000 M series.
I'm a little disappointed because nowadays, bearing in mind the quality of current PAM replicas, an obvious flaw in the dial markers is serious IMHO.

The "3" marker is the more obvious wrong one. We have an issue very similar to the wrong dial in "2" of PAM 111 V3 but opposite (It is wrong the closing marker). "6" and "9" are better but also inaccurate.

And all markers are clearly THICKER than the gen markers

Below you can see the differences. We have at the right side the correct gen marker, and on the left side the Noob marker. You can see the green lines are clearly closing in the Noob marker, and the font is thicker

PAM360NOOBdifen3copiar_zpsd9d9643a.jpg

I hope Puretime says that it is only a prototype and we will have a correct dial in the final series (Really I'm afraid not).

In a watch with a limited production of 300 watches, a side by side comparison is not likely and almost impossible. Therefore the case colour, impossible to catch in a pic is less important than an obvious dial flaw that you can see even in a bad pic.
If this is the final version we have not got a step forward but almost a step back (Leaving aside the movement decorated like gen OP II)

At best, another First Class replica. But in this case I really would prefer the H maker and, I'm very sorry, but I will not buy this Noob version. And I was waiting it almost a year ago !!!

Disappointed
ALE

Klockis

Renowned Member
5/5/10
So..., which parts will the 'suppa' 360 will have from Noob, H factory and Kuvarsit? That's if one buys all three watches to mix and match at about $300 each(!)?

You can always sell off the left over parts, its not like an "ultimate" mash-up 360 will cost You $900.

But I would use the Noob:
Movement with incabloc mod, hands, crystal and maybe CB.

H-fac V1:
Dial
(If You can find one used since they are out of production and replaced with a V1.2 that have too thinn numbers)

Kuvarsit:
Case-set
(I need to see the Noob case in person to judge, maybe its even better then the Kuvarsit. If not it could always be used as a case donor to a DLC 005 or another cool bespoke watch)

This just IMHO and please remember: I have never seen a gen 360 live in my whole life. So my oppinions are preatty useless. :lol:

Rwolf

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/5/12
An interesting detail: the crown edge is correct! Maybe it's correct on all historic models... we need to see some pics of 111 V3 and 005 V2 to evaluate

33cufs4.jpg

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
An interesting detail: the crown edge is correct! Maybe it's correct on all historic models... we need to see some pics of 111 V3 and 005 V2 to evaluate

Really interesting
Well spotted Rwolf

Then we assume that Noob has this correct crown in production.

Therefore in PAM 111 V3 and other models are they using old produced crowns ??
Really interesting, I repeat

Thanks for the input
ALE

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
My Hfac version what I call 1.2. Does not have Pre-v hands though I have a set just need to be installed.
1d056a86.jpg

Gen for comparison.

81bdcc5b.jpg

be4cf458.jpg
Hi Relaxman, the first two pics are H fac V1.2? And the last pic is gen?? Last pic looks rep to me...

Sora

Renowned Member
18/5/12
just got my hands on the new noob pam360

this is how it looks like

jft66.jpg

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
just got my hands on the new noob pam360

this is how it looks like

jft66.jpg
case looks good, but the markers seems accurate to the pics at PT...:picard: Sora, do you mind to post more pics of the watch face up and case back please..:unsure:

Perry

12/5/07
Im looking at my new noob 026 and my H factory 360 latest version. Im assuming the case color of the 026 is the same as the new Noob 360. Case on the 026 is as close to black as I can imagine. Case on the H factory latest 360 is mid to dark gray. The H factory 360 has the correct pre v hands. My questions are as follows:

Once an for all which case color is more correct? Nearly black or mid to dark gray?

Should I get the Noob 360 or is the H factory version I have the better choice of the two?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Im looking at my new noob 026 and my H factory 360 latest version. Im assuming the case color of the 026 is the same as the new Noob 360. Case on the 026 is as close to black as I can imagine. Case on the H factory latest 360 is mid to dark gray. The H factory 360 has the correct pre v hands. My questions are as follows:

Once an for all which case color is more correct? Nearly black or mid to dark gray?

Should I get the Noob 360 or is the H factory version I have the better choice of the two?

My friend that is what we are trying to know by this thread!!
Be patient, and read its evolution

ALE

Perry

12/5/07
Thank you. Its been an ongoing discussion for years on RWG, Repgeek and here. I remember that early on everyone was saying that the "Turkish" V2 was too dark and nearly black and now with the Noob the case is certainly as close to black as I can imagine. Side by side with my H factory latest its night and day in terms of case color. I THINK Perfect clones has a side by side pictorial gen vs H factory on its web site but don't know which version they are comparing the gen against.