• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} Noob 360 release - Discussion - ( QC pics allowed )

Rwolf

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/5/12
Pic the one you like and be happy!

Noob wins the battle for me.

I agree, without any doubt ;)

I sold my Kuvarsit to take the Noob...

The Noob case is absolutely perfect to build your preferred DLCed pam

The sapphire crystals are both, H-fac and Noob, top quality.
Perhaps the H-fac AR is more transparent than Noob, but all two are great crystals, all two are colorless.

12lurk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/11/12
I had both the noob and the H for a week. Having only seen the pics of the gen, Personally I prefer the noob.
The case color in my opinion is too dark on both of them as no mater what light I used I could never get the H or the noob to look as light grey as the pictures of the gen I have seen.
As far as case quality I agree that the noob is better, with its sharp lines and tight CG (similar in feel and finish to my gen 320 and my friends 177).
The dials are both "off", aside from ALE's analysis which is spot on and impressive, the H markers are slightly too thin, while the Noob color has a tinge of pink (perhaps so does the gen but I have not seen other sausage dials with this tinge) and the numbers are too fat which almost looks exaggerated.

However for the overall look and feel I think I prefer the noob as I like how the numbers look fat and the CG feel is spot on. My friend ended up taking the noob ( I gave him the choice) and I kept the H for now (but I may sell it off and get the H or the 390 DLC, make me an offer).
Here are some pics:
Noob on the left:
P1040776.jpg

P1040777.jpg

P1040778.jpg

Noob on the bottom
P1040780.jpg

P1040781.jpg

Noob:
P1040793.jpg

H fac:
P1040785.jpg

vaccum

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
I have built 390 on noob and H cases.

It looks awesome on DLC case.

Perry

12/5/07
As soon as the noob fixes that case color the watch is mine. Until then I won't touch it. Black case sets look cheap when they should be gray!

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
Please friends
As said in the dial comparison thread :

Important:
Please don’t consider the colour of the lume or the case DLC in the pics, because they are taken in many different light conditions. The comparisons are just valid for fonts, positions, dimensions and alignments.

Therefore don't use the pics of above mentioned dial comparison thread to make comparisons abot finish and colour of the DLC case.
Please bear in mind this matter

ALE

I agree to a point. That said in all those pics, and all my pics, and all the pics ive seen, i can in different lighting make the h1.2 look "gen like" in color whether its a dark gen pic or a more greyish gen like when i compare.

Not so my friend with the noob case.. I can only match it to dark pictures.

To me that is very telling re case color....

I think the pics from dlc watch costings i posted thus far is close to spot on, a bit darker than hfac and better applied.

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
It's funny when you see people trying to justify the color of the pencil lead cases using online pics and posting pics with white balance off the charts!!!!

This is why i used many many pics, even with off white balances the noob color is too dark, while the hfac slightly to light but has that 360 "feel" to me.

Plus comparing dial to case also provides clues to the color.

I remember some hfac v1 owners took a cape cod to thiers to try and lighten it up. I wonder if thats something worth trying on the noob.

You are correct that the noob is better in all aspects. Except for me 1 which is at least to me is the most notable.

I think pushing noob to fix the dial and lighten that case slightly would be the ultimate solution here.

Do you feel the noob case is more or less accurate than hfac 1.2 concerning color?

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
I totally respect Your opinion.
But this is how I see it:
Since both H-fac and Noob have the wrong colour IMHO (Noob a bit to dark and H-fac a bit to light) then other things gets more important to me.
I start to look at other things and its here the Noob wins it for me.

Noob have the best build quality and gen construction.
Amazing CG with straight inner corners. the same as the 111N V3 just DLC’ed.
I like the AR better on the Noob since it don’t have that blue secondary reflection the H-fac have.
Those are the main reasons why I have changed my DLC’s to Noob cases.

Having said that, the sausage dials have always been better from H-fac.
Their 000/005/390/366/367 and so on are great and the H-fac 000/005 dials are better then Noob counterparts.
And the 360 is no exception, only that H-fac thinned out the numbers on their V1.2 for some reason.
Looks like they took some design elements from the 4xx boutique editions they released a few months after the V1.2.

Anyway, it have been said before and I say it again.
No matter how much we debate, there is no super-rep 360 right now.
They all have their flaws, just pick the one with flaws that bothers You the least..

+1

At the end of the day, wear whatcha like. ;)

vaccum

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
I never said noob color is correct.
But since both cases have flaws I choose the noob over H at this time.

Rwolf

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/5/12
Finally got mine. The buckle DLC is lighter than the case DLC, a very good color.
The Kuvarsit DLC seems stronger than Noob.

The dial is well printed and made. Wrong fat indexes and wrong pinkish color (the gen indexes are light yellow/cream)

Cannon pinion need to be polished better, again.

shyreplover

Renowned Member
12/6/06
Any chance Noob fixing the dial?
I like the OP logo, the lume color, love the PVD, no second hand. Alas, wrong "3" .... :facepalm:

D

d4m.test

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I think this is relevant to anyone considering the H Factory versus the Noob 360.

I recently purchased both versions and the new H-factory cases are far darker than I expected. Almost identical to the Noob and not at all like pencil lead gray color. But I guess it is about a half shade lighter than the Noob. Bottom line is I think the pictures of the gray finish floating around for the Noob and the H-factory are a result of some one playing with the white balance on the photos, or just a production variation.

In these photos the noob is the empty case and the H fac is the one with the strap.

Next to DSNs Pencil Lead

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I think this is relevant to anyone considering the H Factory versus the Noob 360.

I recently purchased both versions and the new H-factory cases are far darker than I expected. Almost identical to the Noob and not at all like pencil lead gray color. But I guess it is about a half shade lighter than the Noob. Bottom line is I think the pictures of the gray finish floating around for the Noob and the H-factory are a result of some one playing with the white balance on the photos, or just a production variation.

Thanks Grim
I really thought that the difference was bigger

The last classification of grades of grey was: (See post #214)

Grades of Grey From DARKER to LIGHTER on PAM 360
-KUVARSIT - H maker V1 (almost the same)
-Noob
-GEN
-H maker V1.2

Therefore H maker last version V1.2 should be lighter than Noob but with more difference as showed in your pics
Maybe we have big differences between batches, as you are commenting

ALE

Perry

12/5/07
I have the latest version of the h factory watch but I bought it last year. My case color is much more like the DSN case.

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
Thanks Grim
I really thought that the difference was bigger

The last classification of grades of grey was: (See post #214)

Grades of Grey From DARKER to LIGHTER on PAM 360
-KUVARSIT - H maker V1 (almost the same)
-Noob
-GEN
-H maker V1.2

Therefore H maker last version V1.2 should be lighter than Noob but with more difference as showed in your pics
Maybe we have big differences between batches, as you are commenting

ALE

great analyst ALE, yes i say gen is between noob and H fac. I have handled the gen before some yrs ago, the easiest interpretation of the gen 360 case color is the pencil lead in the pencil...sorry if it sounded silly.

I have the latest version of the h factory watch but I bought it last year. My case color is much more like the DSN case.
Hi Perry, i remembered one of the H fac version is way too light, almost like the DSN case in the above photo.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11

I thought in the same... but...
Maybe a dial Hmaker and Pre-V hands of V1.2 in a case Hmaker V1 ??
A DLC mistake?

ALE

Perry

12/5/07
I've posted this many times but here goes again....

If you take the latest h factory case and remove the strap and wash the watch with a mild cleaner....say Windex. Rinse it off and dry it. What you will see is the case color will be much lighter than prior to washing. Now handle the case...rub your fingers all over the case and it's dark again. I was told that it's the same with the gen case and it's one reason why in some photos it looks lighter than others.

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
I've posted this many times but here goes again....

If you take the latest h factory case and remove the strap and wash the watch with a mild cleaner....say Windex. Rinse it off and dry it. What you will see is the case color will be much lighter than prior to washing. Now handle the case...rub your fingers all over the case and it's dark again. I was told that it's the same with the gen case and it's one reason why in some photos it looks lighter than others.
:thinking:

mir36

Known Member
5/6/09
The gen color looks more like a DSN pencil lead PVD finish with cape cod treatment in real life... if that helps.