• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} New Radiomir KW PAM388 [QC pics allowed]

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Mine hasn't arrived yet Ale, I will update when it arrives.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

ericb196

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
18/5/11
Hi Bones and mysterio
Thanks for your inputs about screw problems.
PolonusTM is talking to me regarding to the same issue.

I have my KW 388 and 505 in their way (I hope) but I have not yet received them.
But what is really the problem??
-You cannot remove screws because they are locked
-You cannot remove screws because the notch is damaged
-You cannot remove screws because you have damaged the notch trying to remove the screws.
-You cannot remove screws because they turn without get away.

Please Bones, you have experience in these things, do you see any solution?

Could the screws have some threadlocker, applied by KW, too strong and the screw are completely locked?
Could you put some acetone solvent over the screw-hole to solve the locker and can remove screws?
I assume all people are using the appropriate precision screwdriver of 1,6mm

Anyway, if there is a general issue we would need an immediate solution.
Maybe there are already more 1000 watches (KW 388 and 505) in the market !!

Please all inputs will be welcome
ALE

KW could perhaps give us his feedback ? If anybody speaks a lot with him that could be a first solution !?

Lunny

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
14/4/13
Once they get the movement right i will be all over it!!!!!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
KW could perhaps give us his feedback ? If anybody speaks a lot with him that could be a first solution !?

KW is on vacation until 4th September
I'm trying to get their feedback but no too much info at this moment

Due to that I'm trying to get through this thread as much info as possible to send this link and the info when KW come back.

ALE

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Hi Bones and mysterio
Thanks for your inputs about screw problems.
PolonusTM is talking to me regarding to the same issue.

I have my KW 388 and 505 in their way (I hope) but I have not yet received them.
But what is really the problem??
-You cannot remove screws because they are locked
-You cannot remove screws because the notch is damaged
-You cannot remove screws because you have damaged the notch trying to remove the screws.

Please Bones, you have experience in these things, do you see any solution?

Could the screws have some threadlocker, applied by KW, too strong and the screw are completely locked?
Could you put some acetone solvent over the screw-hole to solve the locker and can remove screws?
I assume all people are using the appropriate precision screwdriver of 1,6mm

Anyway, if there is a general issue we would need an immediate solution.
Maybe there are already more 1000 watches (KW 388 and 505) in the market !!

Please all inputs will be welcome
ALE

ALE,

My situation would be the 4th one.

Initially, there is some type of thread locker because when I tried to unscrew the lugs there was more resistance than usual. The other three went fine, but the fourth could not be removed. :(

I was using the rep PAM screwdriver.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
ALE,

My situation would be the 4th one.

Initially, there is some type of thread locker because when I tried to unscrew the lugs there was more resistance than usual. The other three went fine, but the fourth could not be removed. :(

I was using the rep PAM screwdriver.

Thanks mysterio

Unfortunately this is the most serious of the cases, because that means one thread or two threads damaged. If the damaged thread is the screw one not so bad , but if the damaged thread is in the case...

ALE

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Thanks mysterio

Unfortunately this is the most serious of the cases, because that means one thread or two threads damaged. If the damaged thread is the screw one not so bad , but if the damaged thread is in the case...

ALE

That's my worry as well. I have sent Mehmet a message but since he is on vacation I am not expecting a reply until he gets back. If only one of the lugs is affected then it's still possible to change the strap, theoretically.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
We will see
Keep us informed about how KW manages the situation

ALE

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
We will see
Keep us informed about how KW manages the situation

ALE

Will do. But I am not expecting any news until the 4th of September at the earliest. It would be in their best interest to suggest ways to deal with this issue.

kayabun

25/11/11
Not sure but i noticed that if the screw blade tip is too thin and does fit snug on the RAD screws notch ... will make unscrewing more difficult or even damage the screws.

RAD screw notch seems wider and maybe shallower than Luminor Lug Screws hence really need the correct screw driver for these RAD cases ... anyone can verify?

Sultan Brunei

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/12
Is the thickness of this 388 and 505 same with gen 7.9mm ?

7.9mm is the movement thickness, not the watch thickness. Don't have a caliper on hand but definitely thicker than 15mm. By comparison, a PAM380 is said to have a 15mm watch thickness and it's a manual wind. An auto would be thicker just because of the rotor alone.

How thicker is the auto p9000 radiomir ?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Small review here: http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/388-eyecandy-and-156097

I was lucky and had no issues with the screws on the case. Used my 1.6mm screwdriver and applied even pressure to the screw head. There was definitely some brown residue (threadlok?) on the screws.

Nice to hear no problem about screws
And please note the use of a 1,6mm screwdriver and pressing over the screws to not damage the notch.

BTW: the Bonesey's review and pictorial is really worth !!! Awesome

Thanks Bones
ALE

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Yeah, you definitely need to use the 1.6mm screwdriver. It will give much better grip on the screw than using a small size.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Hey guys, small update that is pertinent to all of the reps that include this movement. I was in a Panerai AD yesterday and handled the 305 with the same movement. When spinning the rotor it was almost just as noisy as our reps. I was really surprised. I really suggest that apart from the false escape wheel that this really is a super rep.

ericb196

Supporter
Certified
18/5/11
I wanted to share my own experience with my KW388.

I received the watch today and was really delighted with the global quality and feeling. It looks much better than my KW 312 (that is not back yet from repair... Movement issue...)

Then I decided to test my screws... First one was ok, second ok, third ok but forth turning more easily without end.... :(

So I give it a check and managed to remove it quite easily (I'll explain later How I did it if you want...) and the result is a bad screw that cannot fit well !!

I asked my dealer for a pair of new ones but ordered also a pair in UK (hope they fit !!)

Ruski91

12/10/12
I wanted to share my own experience with my KW388.

I received the watch today and was really delighted with the global quality and feeling. It looks much better than my KW 312 (that is not back yet from repair... Movement issue...)

Then I decided to test my screws... First one was ok, second ok, third ok but forth turning more easily without end.... :(

So I give it a check and managed to remove it quite easily (I'll explain later How I did it if you want...) and the result is a bad screw that cannot fit well !!

I asked my dealer for a pair of new ones but ordered also a pair in UK (hope they fit !!)

I had a similar experience, but wound up ordering a set of screws and lug bars from Panatime. They are really interesting actually - they come with a tiny little rubber gasket around the end of the screw for a better fit. I swapped out the screws and have a perfect fit now. But alas, i did scratch up the case a little bit while attempting to get out the original screws.

I am sure if i put enough effort in i can get the little scratches out but my advice for those who plan on getting this watch. Be prepared to drop an additional 20 on new screws/lug bars. Just some food for thought gents.