• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} KW strikes again!–KW PAM505 & PAM388–Maybe the best Radiomir ever built

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
TO REMOVE LUG SCREWS
You can try the system used for a RWI member: ericb196, to remove the “stuck†screw.
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showpost.php?p=1573712&postcount=142

Firstly you must use a good 1,6mm watchsmith screwdriver.
Pushing the lug bar in direction of the case allows to unscrew a little the screw. Maybe, not enough to remove it but enough to be able to put a tiny screwdriver under the head screw.
If you have no results try pulling the lug outwards the case.
Keep on unscrew with a little and gentle pressure under the head screw with the second screwdriver and....
Most likely the screw was damaged and you will need to use a new screw from KW or Panatime.

I had used this system in an old PAM 288 from H maker and it worked !!

ALE

marcogumbo

14/8/13
Well, there I was, looking for my next rep.....thinking about a Radiomir vintage-style case, smaller than the 47mm, a fine finish, sandwich dial, maybe Super-rep quality...and here it is!

How did I get here, you ask....why, I was led here of course, by Ale....
"Sir Pam-a-lot"!

Thank you again, ALE!

I will be making my order post-haste.

marcogumbo

14/8/13
Usually the issues with Radiomir lug screws is to remove them
If the screw is damaged, as usually happens, you can use a new screw from KW or Panatime

ALE

[Edited]

I found posts with the old Radiomir cases using a soldered wire lug with spring bars. I wonder if that kind of setup can be used, or sourced. Something that screws in, instead of being soldered. That way, the screws can just be removed once...then put back in with red loctite, forever.
If not, I'll make something like this when my Radiomir comes in, and let y'all know how it works.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thanks friends for all your nice comments
I'm really happy to help

ALE

Bronzy

I'm Pretty Popular
4/12/09
Thanks Bronzy my friend for your kind comments

The only Radiomirs that I remember at this moment with PIG logo are:

PAM 261 Tarascio Boutique in polished SS
PAM 425 in White GOLD
PAM 292 J-series in Black Ceramic

ALE

Sure enough it was the 425 that I was thinking of, for some reason I thought there was a PVD version of this one.

:frusty:

Here's a crappy picture of the 505 at the AD in Vegas:

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
It seems as good as KW ... LOL...

ALE

kaniel

Renowned Member
28/10/10
Thanks for sharing Ale.

I really like the PAM 388. But both look great

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thanks for sharing Ale.

I really like the PAM 388. But both look great

It is curious, with the same dial structure and case they are completely different watches!!
Even the size seems different due to the colours: PAM 505 wear a lot less than PAM388 people don't want believe they have exactly the same size !

PAM 505 is perfect for people being afraid about wrist size. It wear like a 42mm or less. People with big wrist will prefer the PAM 504 47mm.

Both are like gens in appearance. Women prefer PAM 388 and men prefer PAM 505 (this is also curious)

Of course PAM 505 is more sporty but always elegant. This watch has a strong personality and it is more simple than you think. Darkened caseback is simply gorgeous. I must say that I was taking it off sometimes just to see the caseback and the movement. Really interesting watch
Regarding PAM 388 just to say the nice combination of colours in dial (creamy inscriptions and greenish lume, last fashion in Panerai), but don't think there is a strong contrast, everything is under control. Really elegant dress watch but will not make bad combination with jeans (awesome).

ALE

kepture

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/3/13
Hi ALE,

Mehmet has released the v2 based on the A7750.
Looking at KW's v2 pics, it seems that the crown tube length is slightly longer than v1. A shorter crown tube length would seem to be closer gen's crown tube length.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
A7750 has the balance wheel @11 you cannot change it. And gen has the BW @7. Seagull has the BW @6. Seagull is more accurate and, besides, better movement

As commented in other posts:

- KW had to update the quality of the lug screws and threads, and this is exactly what they are making updating the watch to V2.

- Seagull is hard to get with continuity from the supplier, besides it is a bit noisy (some times). This is the reason for the change, but it is better movement than A7750

Then the main update is to fix the lug screws issues, and this is the most important

ALE

NOTE: IMO KW PAM 388 and PAM 505 V1 fitted with Seagull with balance wheel @6 will get to be collectible and searched items in the future (I have got both fortunately)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi ALE,

Mehmet has released the v2 based on the A7750.
Looking at KW's v2 pics, it seems that the crown tube length is slightly longer than v1. A shorter crown tube length would seem to be closer gen's crown tube length.

Yes I already knew it because KW informed me by e-mail

It is a new version not an improvement, leaving aside the lug screws issues.
Regarding tube it will be necessary to confirm it. Maybe the crown is not well screwed on the pics. I don´t know at this moment

ALE

marcogumbo

14/8/13
Ale...maybe you can help me with this, I'm a little confused about the lug width on the 388.
I know most of the Radiomir's are 27 or 26mm...at least the 47mm case size. And I thought I had read on here somewhere that the 388 and 505 are 26mm, even though they are 45mm cases. Your EXCELLENT review guide has them at 24mm.
Help a brother out so I can get back to work... :)

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
I have the 388 and i just recently put a 26/20 deployant strap on it. I believe 26 or 27 is the correct lug size for this watch.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Ale...maybe you can help me with this, I'm a little confused about the lug width on the 388.
I know most of the Radiomir's are 27 or 26mm...at least the 47mm case size. And I thought I had read on here somewhere that the 388 and 505 are 26mm, even though they are 45mm cases. Your EXCELLENT review guide has them at 24mm.
Help a brother out so I can get back to work... :)

OMG!!
You are completely right !!
Just my mistake
Although 45mm Radiomirs have 26mm official lug width
Strap can be 26-27mm depending on taste.

Already corrected in PAM GUIDE

Thanks for this useful correction
ALE

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
So both the 388 and the 505 are now 7550's and not seaguls?

Lug screw issue is fixed?

ShadyManc

4/6/13
I have just taken receipt of a replacement 505, previous one had the lug screw issues and needs drilling to resolve. The lug screws are certainly a better quality, they seem much harder material and therefore easier to work and less prone to head stripping. Not quite sure how best to describe it, but the screws feel like they have more bite when being turned. I've mounted my OEM ASSO 27/22 and I don't envisage changing this strap as they are made for each other.

I also took receipt of a v1 388. Screws not so good and two were difficult to remove as they kept turning and turning. They also felt softer, like the previous 505 screws. I managed to get them out using 2 screwdrivers, one to turn the screw so the top of the screw head protruded a little, and another small screwdriver to prise it gently out, with the screws pointed down and using gravity as my friend.

I've ordered the Panatime lug bars and screws. Should hopefully give the 388 the strap changing options it deserves.

Hope this helps someone out there. Go gently with RAD screws, softly, softly is the key.