• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek Ref. 5811 Announced

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Question remains. Will 3KF take the next step and white gold plate the case!

Off course the new case (41mm), clasp, datewheel font and dial is important as well. But the white gold plating is essential.

Without white gold plating it’s not worth considering, as the color of steel is so far away.
Weight is another thing to consider. Perhaps the use of tungsten in the case and bracelet construction to match the gen 5811's weight should be considered. Similar to what GMF did with their Day Date.

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
Much as I would love to see a white gold plated tungsten rep of the 5811 I think that is a big ask for V1.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong though :)

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Weight is another thing to consider. Perhaps the use of tungsten in the case and bracelet construction to match the gen 5811's weight should be considered. Similar to what GMF did with their Day Date.
It's true. There are several issues with a 5811 rep. I am not putting my hopes up high. The most realistic scenario is, that we get a rep that has a 41mm case, with "correct" case proportions. And dial will be more bright blue like the 5811. We will get a watch in steel, so wrong metal color and weight. And it will have a 324 clone with 26-330 inscriptions and rotor (like the last batch of 5167 and 5711). In a pessimistic scenario it's all thrown into a a 5711 case.

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21

I find this very unlikely for v1 but that would nonetheless be fucking excellent and, for me, more than worthy of paying a much higher price tag for it.

Reactions: gilrob

zinduna

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/7/09
So I got this back from Major last week.

The good news is that the case size is accurate to the 5811.

The bad news is that OOTB the watch is wrong. The dial is way off and should be replaced, and it's stainless steel (of course) vs. white gold for the Gen. I installed Buff parts: dial, hands, and date wheel. An immediate and big difference. Major plated it in WG which takes it to another level. I'm happy with the result.

K51HvQ.jpeg

K57hJb.jpeg

K57Kki.jpeg

K57Aap.jpeg

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/21

The bad news is that OOTB the watch is wrong. The dial is way off and should be replaced, and it's stainless steel (of course) vs. white gold for the Gen. I installed Buff parts: dial, hands, and date wheel. An immediate and big difference. Major plated it in WG which takes it to another level. I'm happy with the result.

K51HvQ.jpeg

K57hJb.jpeg

K57Kki.jpeg

K57Aap.jpeg
Looks very nice, got any photos of the dial outdoors in sunlight by any chance?

EfLambda

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
13/12/23
Do you have any movement photos? Recently purchased one of these from InTime and it arrived with a 324 decorated miyota 9015 in it. Was curious if yours came with a 330 clone?

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
Do you have any movement photos? Recently purchased one of these from InTime and it arrived with a 324 decorated miyota 9015 in it. Was curious if yours came with a 330 clone?

9015 decorated to 324 is typical of PPF watches

there is also no 330 clone, only 324 decorated as 330

Reactions: EfLambda

zinduna

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/7/09
Mine is the 3KF with the clone movement. I did not know that PPF had released the 5811.

Could you post some pics? Interested to see the stock PPF dial (3KF stock dial is not good).

Km85aS.jpeg

EfLambda

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
13/12/23
Mine is the 3KF with the clone movement. I did not know that PPF had released the 5811.

Could you post some pics? Interested to see the stock PPF dial (3KF stock dial is not good).

Here are some pics of the dial in as many lighting conditions as I could muster on short notice in my apartment on a gray day. Hopefully this helps.

• Love
Reactions: ogh gee

zinduna

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/7/09
From these pictures, your dial looks pretty good—much better than the stock 3KF, which is really more of a light grey color. The third picture in the series, in particular, looks great to me. Enjoy!

jetsby1

Supporter
Certified
4/4/22
NYC

K51HvQ.jpeg

K57hJb.jpeg

K57Kki.jpeg

K57Aap.jpeg
Major is the man. Looking forward to working with him for a modded 5811 like this one