• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek Ref. 5811 Announced

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
Preview of the 5811 rep dial

zXdUa4.jpg

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19

5711 vs 5811 side by side. You decide if you believe it's worth plating ;)

Also, that rep dial looks like the 5711... talk about a cheap cash grab. I don't see a good 5811 until half a year from now minimum.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Yep, matter of preference for sure. I know I said that was my last post but I think this picture taken with all the new models released in the same photo illustrates my point and adds value to the conversation:

And cut and paste side by side:

It's barely a difference and that's side by side. On its own with nothing to compare it to I still argue no one will EVER know.

If someone ever figures out your rep is SS, that dude is the Terminator and you should probably run.
In my opinion the difference is absolutely obvious.

White gold, if you have seen it in person on a watch, is wayyyyyy different than a steel watch.
It is very noticable even when it's not side by side.

It shines more, even when satin finished. It looks darker, but shines brighter.

Almost looks titanium in some light.

Steel does not compare.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
In my opinion the difference is absolutely obvious.

White gold, if you have seen it in person on a watch, is wayyyyyy different than a steel watch.
It is very noticable even when it's not side by side.

It shines more, even when satin finished. It looks darker, but shines brighter.

Almost looks titanium in some light.

Steel does not compare.

I have seen many in person and completely disagree.

Reactions: Storm.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
I have seen many in person and completely disagree.
Like our discussion in the Datejust thread. Opinions differ.

I think this also applies to details in eye sight. It's like people who say you can't spot the fatness of an arf Daytona on the wrist. You can.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Like our discussion in the Datejust thread. Opinions differ.

I think this also applies to details in eye sight. It's like people who say you can't spot the fatness of an arf Daytona on the wrist. You can.
Well, I can spot the difference in hue here as well, so I can notice the difference. Where we disagree is whether or not this would be an obvious tell on someone's wrist. Hue of anything changes depending on lighting and wg and ss can look warmer or colder depending on the lighting it's under. Someone can't state your SS doesn't look WG just cause different lighting changes hue on everything. I personally don't think it will ever be a tell. But yeah, plate it up man. To each their own.

Reactions: Storm.

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
I have 18k white gold watches and the difference between wg and steel, regardless if 316 or 904 is huge. It's not always easy to see in a photo but there's a massive difference.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Well, maybe not "HUGE" difference, obviously not night and day, but enough to easily tell held side by side.

On the wrist of someone else probably not so easy.. unless you get a few seconds up close, and I mean real up close.

BIONONE

Respected Member
28/4/17
Preview of the 5811 rep dial

zXdUa4.jpg
Wondering who posted those pictures? First time I see a properly "gen spec" dial back with the same scratches and buffing marks including the laser engravings and circular cut out besides the date window...

What makes it also stand out is the larger diameter and screw cut outs for the new assembly/case design.

Curious to see how this turns out - there are 3 offers on C24 for the new 5811 dial online for the last 3 months now. Wouldn't wonder if buff already got his hands on one of those to rep the specs...

At least the color leaves some room for improvements - but honestly I wouldn't mind this color and finish in a 5711 haha

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Hue of anything changes depending on lighting and wg and ss can look warmer or colder depending on the lighting it's under. Someone can't state your SS doesn't look WG just cause different lighting changes hue on everything.

I am wondering which reference and production year white gold Patek you have experienced in real life? The Pateks are yellow to look at in all lights.

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
This is a genuine dial.
Thanks for confirming. I saw this on the same day that the 5811 was announced and I thought there was no way there could be a pic of a disassembled gen dial at that point in time. Looks like I was wrong.

BIONONE

Respected Member
28/4/17
Thanks for confirming. I saw this on the same day that the 5811 was announced and I thought there was no way there could be a pic of a disassembled gen dial at that point in time. Looks like I was wrong.
There were 3 gen dials offered on C24 for the past 3 months now so there is something cooking the back.

Where did you find the picture? Did the source mentioned it being a rep dial?

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
There were 3 gen dials offered on C24 for the past 3 months now so there is something cooking the back.

Where did you find the picture? Did the source mentioned it being a rep dial?
I think I should have seen it on Reddit. I can't find the exact post though because I only saved the photos for reference (they're useless now that KeyLog has confirmed it's a gen dial) :cry:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I am wondering which reference and production year white gold Patek you have experienced in real life? The Pateks are yellow to look at in all lights.

The 5168 and 5130. I'd rather not circle around this again, nipe summarized my thoughts. It is clear when side by side, but on someone's wrist you would not be able to tell. If you feel otherwise, plate it. I will not. Let's agree to disagree.

zinduna

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/7/09
I'll buy this and get it plated. Hoping for a decent dial, though.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Rep case has appeared on some watch modding wechat channels. I have no info on it, only pics. Wonder what the hooks are for in the case?

It's also not the 2-part case, it clearly has the same case design as the perpetual calendar case (caseback is secured via bezel screws).

zuveiI.jpg

zuvAV4.jpg

zuv2wj.jpg

zuvhY1.jpg

zuvKzv.jpg

zuv37K.jpg