• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek Ref. 5811 Announced

xwmbpx

Supporter
Certified
7/4/19
Not sure why they had to bump it up to 41mm like Rolex.
40mm > 41MM
The new clasp is great though.

Fettekatze

Renowned Member
Certified
16/11/13
US
Not sure why they had to bump it up to 41mm like Rolex.
40mm > 41MM
The new clasp is great though.
To be fair, the Rolex sub bump was from like 40.3 to 40.6mm IIRC, not a whole mm. Also the DJ41 bezel measures <40mm and the Daytona bezel measures 38.5mm. As the Nautilus bezel is measured from 10-4, it'll still be <40mm when measured from 12-6. We'll see if it's a full 41mm or just rounded up.

Yeah that new clasp is a welcome change. About time they took that into the 21st century. Now about those bracelet pins instead of screws...

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Finally a good clasp .

5811_1G_001_16@2x.jpg

5811_1G_001_15@2x.jpg

Last edited:

xwmbpx

Supporter
Certified
7/4/19
To be fair, the Rolex sub bump was from like 40.3 to 40.6mm IIRC, not a whole mm. Also the DJ41 bezel measures <40mm and the Daytona bezel measures 38.5mm. As the Nautilus bezel is measured from 10-4, it'll still be <40mm when measured from 12-6. We'll see if it's a full 41mm or just rounded up.

Yeah that new clasp is a welcome change. About time they took that into the 21st century. Now about those bracelet pins instead of screws...
Hopefully its not a huge bump. Cant tell from the photos so far.

Screws would be great. Haven't seen anything on that.

Fettekatze

Renowned Member
Certified
16/11/13
US
Hopefully its not a huge bump. Cant tell from the photos so far.

Screws would be great. Haven't seen anything on that.
The pictures show the lugs using pins so I'm sure the links will as well.

Fettekatze

Renowned Member
Certified
16/11/13
US
Maybe not ZF…
They have botched up the omega seamaster 300m with and VC 4500V with alignment issues on bezels and markers on both and the bracelet issues with their attempt on the 4500 are numerous.
Well ZF is PPF, and PPF makes all the PP's...😄

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20
"Patented (soon to be replicated) fold-over clasp with lockable adjustment system", finally a micro adjustment clasp! This by far is what I'm most looking forward to.

BIONONE

Respected Member
28/4/17
(soon to be replicated)

just what I thought haha

I'm curious why they continue the use of the anniversary style date disk including the WG date window frame.

Anyways - buff listed a full precious metal rep with a gen (platinum) dial a while ago... Wondering where the dial came from - now we know haha

Reactions: Fettekatze

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Pics for those who don't want to click:

zTCZ85.jpg

zTCDAp.jpg

zTpcFb.jpg

zTCLps.jpg

zTCAi3.jpg

Details/changes (not comprehensive)

• Strap:
    • New Clasp
    • Microadjust system on clasp
  • Dial:
    • Deeper, richer blue color (I don't see tones of green)
    • White gold surround on date window
    • Fade to black on outer edge of dial
  • Date: changed to anniversary font
  • Case:
    • Moved from 3 part to 2 part case construction (back is not removable).
    • To accommodate for this, stem is now removed from the front after removal of the bezel
    • Made of white gold
    • Dimensions changed from 40mm x 8.3mm to 41mm x 8.2mm
Unchanged:
  • Overall case appearance
  • Hands shape
  • Index shape
  • Movement is the same as before (first introduced in 2019)
My overall opinion is that this is a positive change - moving to white gold is a good thing for Patek as a brand, and exclusivity of the piece. I particularly like the changes they've made across the board except for the two-part case construction. Fade-to-black dials are a particular favorite of mine, and I like the anniversary font a lot.

Last edited:

fall1n1

Registered Flex Offender
Certified
30/1/21
UK / Singapore
Can’t wait for a rep of this with the improved bracelet. Not very optimistic on rep makers nailing the dial colour out of the gate, but with a nice anniversary datewheel and white gold plating by @Nikz19 I think a PPF or 3KF version of this would be fun to wear!

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
This is great for Patek and the lucky few who can get the gen.

But it’s bad news for rep owners as steel doesn’t look like white gold. So the whole case and bracelet will have to be plated afterwards, if the rep makers don’t plate it to begin with.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20

But it’s bad news for rep owners as steel doesn’t look like white gold. So the whole case and bracelet will have to be plated afterwards, if the rep makers don’t plate it to begin with.
Even if the rumors would have been true and it would have come out in titanium, even that would have been never replicated properly.

Fettekatze

Renowned Member
Certified
16/11/13
US

Oh well. I just want a rep Nautilus with the new clasp, deeper blue dial, and larger case size. The white gold Vacheron 2000V didn't stop the rep 2000V from being a nice watch.