• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OMEGA Seamaster 300 SPECTRE Limited Edition

miniatureone

Renowned Member
16/7/14
I have several pieces with these movements and all the hyperbole over stuttering is just that IMO. You really have to sit there and stare at the movement, looking for stuttering.

I feel the fact that they keep nearly perfect time far outweighs any stuttering issues.

+1 I've noticed the stuttering during real-life wear only once. I have to forcibly flip my wrists around pretty hard to see it when I try. What kind of weird jerky wrist motions are the rest of you people doing everyday that it bothers you to such a degree?

reivilo

Known Member
9/6/14
Canada
I have had mine for about a week now and was really worried about the stuttering mentionned by other members and, to be honest, it is really not as bad as i was expecting, a real pleasure, maybe was i just lucky, i will see if it changes with time.
+1 I've noticed the stuttering during real-life wear only once. I have to forcibly flip my wrists around pretty hard to see it when I try. What kind of weird jerky wrist motions are the rest of you people doing everyday that it bothers you to such a degree?

Ladderlegs

Getting To Know The Place
17/12/15
Your first rep, huh? Congrats. You have set a high bar for your second rep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No regrets, though, the rotor noise is a little high for my liking, really my only complaint.

That said, anyone got any ideas on quieting down the rotor DIY at home? Or should I take it to a pro and have them do something?

JAFO

Respected Member
16/10/13
No regrets, though, the rotor noise is a little high for my liking, really my only complaint.

That said, anyone got any ideas on quieting down the rotor DIY at home? Or should I take it to a pro and have them do something?

That's more common these days. I'd pop the back and oil the rotor. There's a tutorial here on the board but I can't remember where. I oil all of mine when they come in. Some it really helps, some it helps a little, and some it won't help at all. I had one once I considered yanking the rotor out of because it sounded like a friggin food processor lol.

Ladderlegs

17/12/15
Also how bad is the second hand stutter on this watch?? I really want one but I'm afraid that would annoy the piss outta me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine doesn't really stutter, I had them send a video before i purchased, its a nice clean sweep. The seconds hand does stop moving with a lot of arm movement though.

That's more common these days. I'd pop the back and oil the rotor. There's a tutorial here on the board but I can't remember where. I oil all of mine when they come in. Some it really helps, some it helps a little, and some it won't help at all. I had one once I considered yanking the rotor out of because it sounded like a friggin food processor lol.
Any oil suggestions?

Looks like 9010 is most recommended, but at 35 bucks, seems kinda steep, there is also 8000 that some people say works great, a lot more affordable, but if I'm wasting money on it, then its no cheaper!

JAFO

Respected Member
16/10/13
Mine doesn't really stutter, I had them send a video before i purchased, its a nice clean sweep. The seconds hand does stop moving with a lot of arm movement though.

Any oil suggestions?

Looks like 9010 is most recommended, but at 35 bucks, seems kinda steep, there is also 8000 that some people say works great, a lot more affordable, but if I'm wasting money on it, then its no cheaper!

I'm no expert, nor am I a modder so I'm not making a suggestion here - just telling you what I use. I have a bottle of Liberty synthetic oil I use on my rotors. I've heard people say it's fine, and I've heard people say it will cause your watch to catch fire and explode, blowing your hand completely off. My experience has been that I put a tad on the rotor bearing and it quietens down most of them. I've been using it for three years and have yet to have any sort of problem. Is it good? I don't know. Is it crap? Doesn't seem to be. Would an expensive bottle of oil infused with the tears of Swiss watchmakers be better? Yep. But I use it and it works for me. But if your hand gets blown off its not my fault lol

cool_case

26/12/15
Hi guys,

got my rep today. Really nice watch, sadly it shutters a little bit. The bezel seems to be a little loose, it can be moved a tiny bit.

I've one question about the crown positions.
If I unscrew the crown in position 0 I can wind the spring, in pos 1 there i nothing (maybe the date one other watches) and pos 2 is for the time.
The second hand doesn't stop in pos 2, but this should be normal right? If I want to adjust the seconds do I've to wait until the watch stops, or is there another way?

sev217

18/12/15
Hello everyone,
i just have called my local omega boutique today and asked for the spectre strap as an "replacement" ;)
they told me they will be available soon, but can only be purchased by owners of the gen watch.

i will let you know if i may can get my hands on them.

vpn00786

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
15/8/15
If anyone wants the omega strap let me know. I bought one extra.

But just an update.

The gen movement does fit the case.

thehorse

Renowned Member
25/4/06
Asia
Hello everyone,
i just have called my local omega boutique today and asked for the spectre strap as an "replacement" ;)
they told me they will be available soon, but can only be purchased by owners of the gen watch.

i will let you know if i may can get my hands on them.

Which country are you located in?

kokonut

Known Member
26/10/15
If anyone wants the omega strap let me know. I bought one extra.

But just an update.

The gen movement does fit the case.

How are you planning on fitting the hands? I have a 2836 that I wanted to try putting in but im still wondering if I will be able to broach the second hand to fit.

thehorse

Renowned Member
25/4/06
Asia
Sev217, good luck. Would be keen to know if you can get the gen nato. I've been reading some of the gen forums and there is a debate as to whether this watch will hold its value or not. If people get bored I guess more of the gen straps may come into the market

jake99

14/11/15
I received my bracelet free from Toro on Tuesday as promised due to it not being available when I ordered the watch (excellent service) and finally fitted it today. First time fitting a bracelet lol, definite learning curve for me. Like it a lot on the bracelet and will have to decide which to use.http://
2qiba5z.jpg