• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OMEGA Seamaster 300 SPECTRE Limited Edition

AdamD

Getting To Know The Place
30/11/15
Hmm was supposedto be a
V2 came with the v2 strap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

solly84

Known Member
26/8/15
Frankly, the v1 NATO is cheap in looks and feel to extent it disturb the looks of the watch IMO. Even a cheap aftermarket NATO strap looks far better...

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hmm was supposedto be a
V2 came with the v2 strap

I would say yours is a v1.5: that is, you bought the watch when it has a transition update, which has the new nato strap with logo (v2 strap) but watch itself is still a v1 (no updates to the bezel)

Message crafted while wrestling a juvenile crocodile that's unwilling to be captured and made into leather

Conquerer

27/5/15
Frankly, the v1 NATO is cheap in looks and feel to extent it disturb the looks of the watch IMO. Even a cheap aftermarket NATO strap looks far better...

Agreed. The V1 strap is a total turnoff for me and kills the watch. The V2 is a big improvement with the more accurate strap holders. Still would be better if they got the fabric style right, but I think it looks pretty decent as is now.

solly84

Known Member
26/8/15
Agreed. The V1 strap is a total turnoff for me and kills the watch. The V2 is a big improvement with the more accurate strap holders. Still would be better if they got the fabric style right, but I think it looks pretty decent as is now.

Yeah exactly, had to buy the v2 NATO strap alone. Waiting for it, hope it looks better. I am tempted to buy the Gen one...

solly84

Known Member
26/8/15
As much I was happy receiving my v1, my eyes just caught the 9 hour marking faded on the bezel already!!

I've just get it out of the plastic wrap and wore it when I discovered this, and was 100% sure it wasn't showing this on the QC pics...

07afea3901d234446c3e435cc69e8c0a.jpg

pontiaddict

Known Member
20/4/15
Central Florida
So... I wonder if we can get replacement inserts? if the dealer would make a replacement available I would be a happy guy, that could/would update the bezel with the corrected numeral and if/when wear becomes an issue...just pop in a fresh insert! ~$20-30 vs $280? yeah I could live with that.
Maybe it's time for some consumer leverage. I will email a query, how about you? there's power in numbers.

solly84

Known Member
26/8/15
So... I wonder if we can get replacement inserts? if the dealer would make a replacement available I would be a happy guy, that could/would update the bezel with the corrected numeral and if/when wear becomes an issue...just pop in a fresh insert! ~$20-30 vs $280? yeah I could live with that.
Maybe it's time for some consumer leverage. I will email a query, how about you? there's power in numbers.

Sent to the TD already asking for it. Will update when I get a reply.
Tell me what you will get as well...

Robert11

15/11/15
Sent to the TD already asking for it. Will update when I get a reply.
Tell me what you will get as well...

Is it easy to pop out the insert and replace it? If the v2 has thinner insert and thicker ring will it even fit?

Sent from my satellite phone.

nicosuave4201

Known Member
17/10/14
I can't tell you how many times I've said "NO MORE REPS, I HATE THEM!" Then you have a $7k watch that looks perfect in qc pics for less than $300 and you think "OHHH OK" then you get a piece of trash with pubes and boogers, a warped bezel, fading numerals, shoddy construction and whatever else. So I'll say it again (after this v2 of course) NO MORE REPS, I HATE THEM!

pontiaddict

Known Member
20/4/15
Central Florida
Is it easy to pop out the insert and replace it? If the v2 has thinner insert and thicker ring will it even fit?

It might take some minor modification (ie sanding), but remember the difference as determined by consensus is the change is minimal, if at all.
Otherwise the replacement is an easy task, some require adhesive, some do not, no special tools required... the learning curve is definitely beginner level trial/error.

Robert11

15/11/15
My next rep I'm looking to get is the noob CRPO. Read nothing but good things about it. Hopefully no pubes and boogers! :)

I can't tell you how many times I've said "NO MORE REPS, I HATE THEM!" Then you have a $7k watch that looks perfect in qc pics for less than $300 and you think "OHHH OK" then you get a piece of trash with pubes and boogers, a warped bezel, fading numerals, shoddy construction and whatever else. So I'll say it again (after this v2 of course) NO MORE REPS, I HATE THEM!

dean4276

4/5/13
Whoo hoo, my Spectre V2 is now in flight minus SS bracelet which will follow. Can anyone confirm the spring pin size? Looking to get a pair of the curved ones in prior to arrival.

Thanks

MadCyril78

Do not accept unsolicited offers
20/12/15
First time poster and a rather embarrassed on at that. I'm a noob to this game and rather foolishly and blindly took a punt with Perfect Clones (Joshua)

I've had my QC pics, it's even been despatched, but after reading the negative comments on here you have me worried.

Would anyone be interested in seeing the QC pics?

Is the strap the main issue here with folks cause I'll be honest. I don't know what I'm looking for. We all have to start somewhere I guess.

AdamD

30/11/15
Whats the number on your QC?

MadCyril78

Do not accept unsolicited offers
20/12/15
May I ask why you would like that number. Don't mind giving it but don't want to create hassle for this Joshua if he's a good guy?

AdamD

30/11/15
As i suspect its the same number that i got on my watch from Joshua ;) and its the same number thats on the QC sample pics on his site