• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OMEGA Seamaster 300 SPECTRE Limited Edition

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Got my QC's from ChazingTime and is it just me or does it look like the v1?
I mean the bezel seems thinner than all the other pic's I've seen lately!

That one from Chazing Time is the V1. One way of telling which is which is by looking at the 5 numeral on the bezel.

BTW- love the new avatar, be careful, something just might go boom soon.

Thanks... One minute. Only those who have seen the movie would know... Love the red and black look!

23718609842_389c2bfcc1_b.jpg

D

d4m.test

QUOTE=kokonut;2562321]

Tried to tighten the movement with the 3 tabs. T hey were all tight. I need to find the stem removal to pull the whole movement out to investigate further. not sure where it is with all this decorations. Trading lightly here since Im still new to this.[/QUOTE]

Well done, if it didn´t work: one option is to just leave it that way. If You go ahead, just go slow and step by step. In the pic the whole movement ring looks as if it could be better seated or has play. Good luck.

kunimi

Getting To Know The Place
26/11/15
16d94a4ad7262e71eccc3e1fee089bf8.jpg

I tried to do comparison with SM300 coax QC pic. The inner bezel in spectre looks better now than before - or maybe the lighting and the position..dunno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

solly84

Known Member
26/8/15
Finally got mine today, it's v1 but what a beauty :)
And just ordered the strap v2 from toro.

c3bfee664228d136586e5bfc6f0704a1.jpg

mkong

23/12/10
I ordered a v2 based on the TD stating that its a v2 (updated bezel and strap). However, it was shipped and when I realized the 5 is the same as v1 and mentioned this to the TD, the TD doesn't believe how I can see the difference in the 5 between v1 and v2..

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
I ordered a v2 based on the TD stating that its a v2 (updated bezel and strap). However, it was shipped and when I realized the 5 is the same as v1 and mentioned this to the TD, the TD doesn't believe how I can see the difference in the 5 between v1 and v2..

The V1 or V2, either way, its just the 5 numeral and its still a beauty whichever one you end up getting.

So I grew tired of the nato strap look after wearing it for over 2 weeks straight, so I switched it to the bracelet. Looks like a whole different watch now!

Here it is with the other Bond watch, my gen SMP...

23214026334_5581832b5e_c.jpg

23474235969_8b64797622_c.jpg

23842157765_2d0755dca6_c.jpg

23842155795_9519788d47_c.jpg

23842156845_9472703d7f_c.jpg

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/3/06
London
While I wait for all this v1, v2 hooha to sort itself out I ordered the new strap from toro and it arrived today. I popped it on my 007 seamaster, and the combo I think looks pretty good. The only downside is I am not sure I am a NATO guy as I find the metal keeper parts on the strap a little uncomfortable on the wrist.

upload an image

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
16d94a4ad7262e71eccc3e1fee089bf8.jpg

I tried to do comparison with SM300 coax QC pic. The inner bezel in spectre looks better now than before - or maybe the lighting and the position..dunno.

I think you're right. Look at the pic posted by solly84 just after you posted this. The bezel numbers are much closer to the edges both inside and out which would suggest the inner ring is bigger and there's a new bezel insert.

kunimi

26/11/15
honestly, i'm not quite sure with the inner bezel on this new batch, whether it's corrected or not. It's not easy look from the QC pic. If any of you guy receive v2 (or new batch) please post a pic :)
but I'm leaning toward imranbecks comments : the update on the bezel is just the 5 numeral.

Jokiz

Do not accept unsolicited offers
7/12/15
I asked my TD about my watch looking like a v1 and he said the update was only the strap and buckle. Are we sure about this bezel thing?
Im considering just going for it anyways, don't want to wait anymore! :(

nicosuave4201

Known Member
17/10/14
ok still not seeing anyone complain about the bezel ring crimps around the 2 and directly opposite between the 8 and 9 (see page 64 of this thread for my qc pics). The more I look at the pics the less of an issue I think it is, or will be in person..

I didn't complain about it to the AD and the watches are on their way DHL with tracking. In time for x-mas? Probably not. Still in Hong Kong lol.

I did sacrifice the metal bracelet to get it sooner. They told me for the metal bracelet to be included it would be another month. I was tired of waiting. Also it didn't bother me since he doesn't wear the bracelet in the movie..
I never planned to wear the metal bracelet anyway. If I want a metal bracelet I'll wear my PO or DSSD rep for the day.

Also word of note Pure-time is unable to do the high depth waterproof tests they are advertising. I paid an extra $20 per watch to get a 10 atm test. Then it was downgraded to a 5 atm test...then they told me they'd have to send it back to the maker to get the 5 atm test done. I said NO, had them refund me for the waterproof tests and just send me the damn watches. Tired of waiting lol.

Off topic a little..
I am planning to buy a gen soon, not sure 100% but thinking of going with a gen omega PO chrono black ceramic bezel with the 9300 movement. White 12 (not orange, though this is a point of inner debate)

I'd just let the chrono run...

Only thing that bugs me about the 9300 is the date setting...no quick date change, you have to role the hour hand round and round to get it changed. For a $5k+ watch even in the gray market this is almost a deal breaker to me.

Also the size...I wear the skyfall PO XL just great though, wondering if the gen chrono would be bigger or same size. any thoughts? No omega boutique nearby to test it. Nearest one is 3 hours away. I know it's off topic here but would appreciate comments.

arthurdouglas

3/8/15
Ok let's see if I can help.
Disclaimer: V1 QC pics belongs to me, V2 gotten from this thread and Gen is from the Omega ads.
I've tried my best to match the sizes of the watches.

Bezel comparison.
dda7f8964bf942b5c39ad3c8543ad581.jpg

Bezel insert number '5' comparison.
19c0b61135d535126a2a6cb3a385988a.jpg

Macko

30/11/15
I am so happy for all of you who got it dispatched or even received it already. Does anyone of you have an experience with EU forwarding from Toro? One of the members told me it takes around 7-10 days, but I think it will be prolonged as the Christmas and New Year is coming

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Disclaimer: V1 QC pics belongs to me, V2 gotten from this thread and Gen is from the Omega ads.

Bezel comparison.

Nicely done! Other than the obvious change in the 5 numeral, the inner ring on the v2 is probably only slightly thicker, maybe by a mm to make it look closer to the gen. Nah, happy with my V1.

kunimi

26/11/15

Bezel comparison.

hm..this is nice @arthurdouglas, but if we see the pic on V1 the angle is actually difference from the rest. this is why i'm still not convince about the inner bezel.
ok, maybe..maybe the v2 has slightly thicker inner bezel - i don't think it's corrected yet though :) , and it has corrected 5 numeral, and buckle with omega logo. you know what, i believe it still sells very well. some people just ignore this. like a crimp case founded by @nicosuave4201 , no complaint was made. I'm just curious why would the factory spend another time and effort to fix this ? and why they can find the issue with 5 numeral, but can't find the issue with "tm" mark in the 007 bracelet. could it be the factory need someone to influence them? are they really hearing our opinion ?

just curious..

AdamD

30/11/15
My v2 came this morning , have put it on a gen nato