• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OMEGA Seamaster 300 SPECTRE Limited Edition

AdamD

Getting To Know The Place
30/11/15
I dont get why TD / manufacturers dont do a higher spec movement even if it were $50-100 more people at this price range alreadywould buy them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pcardoza

Renowned Member
1/12/14
But, would ENOUGH people buy them???? We're a small cross section.

To my knowledge nothing will fit: hands, dial feet, possibly height/location of the crown-stem. The only thing "unreliable" are the glued on movement decorations. Take these off, re-glue them or swap in a factory-fresh, locally bought Myota and it will be fine like forever.

processengr

Respected Member
16/9/15
Considering the gen is a "smooth" 28.8 movement, isn't the stuttering of the slower movement as much of a tell as some of the reps other shortcomigs?

pontiaddict

Known Member
20/4/15
Central Florida
Perhaps if they are obsessing over the details, I believe most will be overwhelmed by the SPECTRE back story and the label rather than the minor inconsistencies.
For me it's movie memorabilia, if pressed I would gladly define the watch as a replica and or movie prop.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Considering the gen is a "smooth" 28.8 movement, isn't the stuttering of the slower movement as much of a tell as some of the reps other shortcomigs?

Yes but once its on the wrist and you are wearing it, no one would even notice the stuttering unless your hands are still and he/she is looking straight at the watch and notice the stutter. But who'd do that??? The stuttering happens occasionally depending on the position of the watch and is otherwise pretty "smooth". I posted a link to a video of mine a few pages back showing a minute of the movement in one position. Barely a stutter.

AdamD

30/11/15
But, would ENOUGH people buy them???? We're a small cross section.

True, but they have sold out of the v1 and the v2 run so why not? Still think theres a market for them.

Nikoteen

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/12
............... no one would even notice the stuttering unless your hands are still and he/she is looking straight at the watch and notice the stutter. But who'd do that??? The stuttering happens occasionally depending on the position of the watch and is otherwise pretty "smooth". .

LOL, aaaand of course when you get to 'oldie' age like me, then you shake like a sh*tting dog anyway......no-one is gonna notice any sort of stutter from a minuscule second hand from 5 feet away or even 12 inches away!

D

d4m.test

Was worried with this until I´ve seen vids of the gen on Youtube: it stutters like mad:)

jake99

14/11/15
Just got my qc pics and more than happy. The bracelet is out of stock on Toro too but he is sending it on in 3-4 weeks when available free by air mail, good service that. Hoping I get it before Christmas, feel like a kid again.

AdamD

30/11/15
That vid is reassuring :) im off to pick up my nato from boutique v2 watch due in few days too

jrodtx99

Renowned Member
5/12/14
Just got an email from my TD - says the watches are coming in tomorrow. However, the bracelet is back-ordered, as reported.

Juanpi

Known Member
27/11/14
Do you know where can I get a leather strap similar to this one? Could you please recommend me a good strap site? I bought some nice straps at Kainheritage for my Pam. I like some straps from Donerix and from Hirschstraps. Do you know any other?

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Do you know where can I get a leather strap similar to this one? Could you please recommend me a good strap site? I bought some nice straps at Kainheritage for my Pam. I like some straps from Donerix and from Hirschstraps. Do you know any other?

There is also this impressive Omega brown Nato leather strap. I've seen it on a few SM300 watches and it looks really good... I'm very tempted to try it out to be honest... >>> http://www.omegawatches.com/accessories/nato-straps/reference/031CUZ002058/

Pics from a user over at WUS...
2c3dd1c218f190b6798b4c642bd00bf0.jpg

2b4a078bcc6fd1956e1e4e9691f3b20f.jpg

kokonut

Known Member
26/10/15
IMG-20151218-WA0000-1.jpg

Really liking this Gen Nato. Only slight stutter between 2 and 4. My biggest complaints would be the loose bezel and the dial moves slightly when im adjusting the time. Still minor complaints. Really hoping for an upgraded movement.

arthurdouglas

3/8/15
2b7b6ddd226055e31ef02c3e38d8c8b3.jpg

Just in case anyone still needs convincing to get the gen NATO. Haha

Got curved spring bars for mine too, as per gen.

763918357ef3c53ac000f292efe26dd4.jpg

dfq23

18/12/12
The gen isn't 28k beat movement (8 beats a second), it's actually a 7 beats a second movement. The Miyota is 21k low beat (6 beats a second) so fitting something like an asian ETA in it if was even possible would be just s "wrong" as the miyota and much less reliable