• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OMEGA Seamaster 300 SPECTRE Limited Edition

mashauer

Getting To Know The Place
27/9/15
i will keep mine. Differences are to little to care about. if there is a really updated version in the future, i sell the v1 to a friend.

Robert11

15/11/15
What's different about the 5?

The inner ring still looks thin I think. The gen looks alot thicker. Looks like the only thing different abt the bezel on the latest one is the 5 numeral.

Below is the gen. Thicker inner ring. The V2 still looks more or less thin.

21465068304_c22b4ea0db_c.jpg

Here is the V1 rep. Compared with the clearer qc pics posted above, not much change on the inner ring other than the number 5.. Maybe the v2 is just a tad thicker. It is an improvement though.

23090412691_7dc2804680_o.jpg

Sent from my satellite phone.

ThePapabear71

29/11/15
Wow, things are moving now! I just received QC Pictures of my Spectre and when comparing them with the pictures at the site, V2 has an clearly thicker inner ring and the 5 is corrected. These are the 2 greater changes beside the strap.

If you go on the site of Intime, you can compare two pictures. One of the V1 with bracelet and V2 with the Nato in nearly the same position photographed. So you can easily see the changes.

I am now really looking forward to receive this watch and i am courious, if i will get an bracelet, als stated on the site of Intime (of course, i was asking after getting the images), even considering the fact, i will not wear it with it.
Now i am overexcited, i even forgot to ask for a timegraph picture... :wowa:

kokonut

Known Member
26/10/15
I got the v1.5 from my TD yesterday. Has the new Nato strap but older watch with the v1 bezel insert. I plan on buying another one if they switch the movements to a hi beat. If they don't switch the movements in the next couple months Ill still buy another one to try and swap movements myself. Been thinking of swapping the miyota 8215 for the ETA 2872 or something similar.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Owners of V1, thoughts on buying a V2 to replace the former? IMO the changes on the V2 are too subtle to warrant me forking out another $250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still sticking with my V1. The changes are too subtle. Unless they really overhaul the bezel and make the inner ring as thick as the gen, it's not worth getting another one.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Again, not very convinced with the inner ring on the V2. Maybe it is just slightly thicker, or it could just be the lighting or angle. Right now the only change made is just the number 5 on the bezel. The V1 is bidirectional, so I would think it's the same for the V2 as well.

V1 vs V2. Not much of a change on the inner ring.

23772557966_791e56ba6e_b.jpg

arthurdouglas

3/8/15
Probably won't be getting a new one. Perhaps maybe I'll see if the TD is willing to sell me the bezel insert, especially if mine fades like the SM300 in the other thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macko

30/11/15
So guys, anyone of you checked my QC photos from Toro? I haven't found anything suspicious yet :)

pontiaddict

Known Member
20/4/15
Central Florida
So guys, anyone of you checked my QC photos from Toro? I haven't found anything suspicious yet :)
Edit. Content removed, incorrect reference.

Regards the QC pix: That watch looks good, the new bezel has been studied all day long today, congratulations you are getting a keeper.

D

d4m.test

Yeah. The fading bezel is what I'm most worried about.
My similar SM300 coax was in the sun, in saltwater, in poolwater almost everyday over the Summer and it looks exactly like it did back in March. These bezels are ceramic, they don´t fade like the aluminium ones.
If it did fade it would really add to the character of the watch - but it just doesn´t...
DSC_0428_zpsox5cbz9o.jpg

Robert11

15/11/15
Did you have to get it pressure tested first? Or is it pretty safe to immerse these for shallow pool swimming?

My similar SM300 coax was in the sun, in saltwater, in poolwater almost everyday over the Summer and it looks exactly like it did back in March. These bezels are ceramic, they don´t fade like the aluminium ones.
If it did fade it would really add to the character of the watch - but it just doesn´t...
DSC_0428_zpsox5cbz9o.jpg

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
[IMGi=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m32/darkwatch2/OM/DSC_0428_zpsox5cbz9o.jpg[/IMG]

Very encouraging. Which is why I mentioned in the other thread that it's perhaps a rare occurrence. The fading bezel did happen on the early batches of the crPO though didn't it? It's odd then how the other guy had his SM300 bezel faded though... >>> https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/277623-Problem-with-watch-bezel-fading-wearing-off

D

d4m.test

Did you have to get it pressure tested first? Or is it pretty safe to immerse these for shallow pool swimming?
Hi, otb I wouldn´t immerse it, after silicon-greasing the crowntube o-ring and backcase gasket + tightening the backcase cover (they almost always come very loose) with a tool, You could risk some home-tests. The model itself is well water-resistant generally speaking. (this SM300 actually was the first rep I got that was already greased). To be on the safe-side always conduct a test (imho if it passes the simpler 30-m test it´s always ok).

Robert11

15/11/15
Hi, otb I wouldn´t immerse it, after silicon-greasing the crowntube o-ring and backcase gasket + tightening the backcase cover (they almost always come very loose) with a tool, You could risk some home-tests. The model itself is well water-resistant generally speaking. (this SM300 actually was the first rep I got that was already greased). To be on the safe-side always conduct a test (imho if it passes the simpler 30-m test it´s always ok).

So what are you saying, yours was already greased and you didn't have to do this, or you did it anyway? What is the 30-m home test?

D

d4m.test

Very encouraging. Which is why I mentioned in the other thread that it's perhaps a rare occurrence. The fading bezel did happen on the early batches of the crPO though didn't it? It's odd then how the other guy had his SM300 bezel faded though... >>> https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb...3-Problem-with-watch-bezel-fading-wearing-off
Thanks for the link, had not seen that one yet. I would suppose it´s not fading but really wear from tight cuffs/ coarse jacket etc. as it´s most notable in one specific place.