• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Railmaster CK2914 ~ Research Thread

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
Here is the build thread.
I have since found a 39mm railmaster rep and swapped in my Gen dial. I probably have info on that but can’t remember where I posted it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Karbon74

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
I also had this one but sold it as it wasn’t getting worn. It was DHgate years ago and I only saw one or two people with it, so contacted the guy and he sold it to me.

Not a Railmaster, but this was a really nice ranchero using an oyster case. Sort of wish I kept this one.

Last edited:

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
I did find that U1 Railmaster listed ln DHGate...but I decided to go for the San Martin hoping that it has higher quality 😅

I might have made a mistake. at the end of the build, I will have kept only the midcase.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
update:
I just woke up from a nap on my couch. 😅

else, I bought crown, tube and tube remover tool. They are on the way. I determined that I will need to drill the pendant hole 2,5mm to fit a tube.

Did not find a Naiad tube of 6.8mm. I will content with a 7mm Seamaster for the moment. Both are 2,5mm pendant tube.

Bi did not reply to me on the dial diameter 😂. But I decided that I will take the bet and buy it.

The caseback thread is 33mm. I am looking at ebay options for seamaster casebacks

Noir

Getting To Know The Place
1/1/20

Alright, I measured my copy of 2914 dial (the reason why it says "Seamaster" is because some Railmasters were issued to the PAF Pakistan Air Force as "Seamasters", and "Flightmasters" is another military rebrand for the Railmaster, but they were for the FAP ( Fuerza Aérea del Perú) Peruvian Air Force)

In RED box: The dial diameter is 31.2mm
In
YELLOW box: The minute track diameter is 27.0mm, but with the "Swiss Made" text at the "six" it makes it 28mm

I hope that helps!

As you can see the print isn't that great and the lume pots are not filled entirely AND the "lume" is just paint.

I need to find someone with a pad printer and I can send my two dials to get redone

Reactions: Karbon74

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Ok

I think I theorycrafted out almost everything now.

-crown and tube 7mm from AliX, and look later for Naiad gen crown in 6.8mm
-armored crystal from Cousins
-dial bivintage
-movement nh38 to swap
maybe the caseback using a compatible seamaster vintage from ebay

next step will be to disassemble the SM and do the measurements and scans

PS: I am taking my time as this is a big project at this stage of my modder journey
Plus I am making some watches on the side to partially fund this project

Last edited:

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
If its the same guy, He sold parts on his story and contacted him to ask a question and he mentioned he sells complete watches.
rep parts with gen movements. complete builds were 3500- irrc this was back in 2018-19 ish iirc

I was tempted but didnt feel comfortable sending an etransfer of that size to some guy in Ontario with no paper trail other than a first name in an email and a few loose pics of a watch

Reactions: Noir and Karbon74

Noir

Getting To Know The Place
1/1/20
@Noir @369mafia a link tou the ebay stores please?
keeping options open
okay, I took the time to dig through my email. (gmail is a pain to dig through) The store's name is "Timecollection" and here is the link: TimeCollection.

If its the same guy, He sold parts on his story and contacted him to ask a question and he mentioned he sells complete watches.
rep parts with gen movements. complete builds were 3500- irrc this was back in 2018-19 ish iirc

I was tempted but didnt feel comfortable sending an etransfer of that size to some guy in Ontario with no paper trail other than a first name in an email and a few loose pics of a watch
Hmm, I checked his store's location and it says "Scarborough, Ontario, Canada."

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
okay, I took the time to dig through my email. (gmail is a pain to dig through) The store's name is "Timecollection" and here is the link: TimeCollection.

Hmm, I checked his store's location and it says "Scarborough, Ontario, Canada."
if memory serves its the same guy He was in Ontario

pullthat92

Gonna make it
Certified
16/10/23
Wow, I thought it was a joke when Carbon74 said he was going to make a 2914 thread, but it wasn't...😆
I have some good news, I met with dial craftsmen in our country and asked them directly, and they might be able to create a top-quality dial in cooperation with me. (The price is expected to be around 300 dollars..not sure)
It will be a bit complicated and difficult process, but it should be fun. If anyone's interested, please let me know.