• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[OFFICIAL] RWI Tourbillon Club

ODINDMT

29/8/15
ad917277d647faca715e4700dfe97889.jpg

I pulled the crown to set the time and that's what happened.

The warranty is still valid. Purchased from Toro Bravos.

Sent from the RWI App

Jeez now I'm worried about mine..did you turn it at all before pulling it out?

Sent from the RWI App

s.b tourbillon

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/7/17
I was going to suggest asking the TD to send you a new crown with winding stem rather than taking the risk of shipping the entire watch to China. But with the stem still inside, you might want to consult with modders/smithies in your area and find out if they can remove the broken stem and install new crown and stem.

I’ve shipped two watches to China before, which were received in about 2 weeks hassle-free. I’ve also read about lost shipments. If you do decide to ship it back, make sure to follow your TD’s instruction to the letter.

Thanks.
I will first try your first advice to ask for a new crown and find a watchmaker in my area to take care of it.

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
FANTASTIC!!! Where you find it?
:)

Bought it while I was on a business trip to China. Any TD should be able to source one of these..send them the photo and ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hyjynx

28/9/13
D

d4m.test

Should be available. I assume you’ve already asked your TD or the one whose link you copied. What did they say?

No I have not asked yet as I was trying to find a picture of it on a TD's website and can't find any. I will drop MR a message I guess, normally he asks me to send a picture tho, to be honest I do like the SS version with the gold markers but I just lvoe brown straps and I think they go better with Gold watches.

p.s. Who is mario the strap maker? I see his name reffered but I don't know what's his username, he will come in handy when i get a IWC or PP calatrava

Hyjynx

28/9/13
No I have not asked yet as I was trying to find a picture of it on a TD's website and can't find any. I will drop MR a message I guess, normally he asks me to send a picture tho, to be honest I do like the SS version with the gold markers but I just lvoe brown straps and I think they go better with Gold watches.

p.s. Who is mario the strap maker? I see his name reffered but I don't know what's his username, he will come in handy when i get a IWC or PP calatrava

Mario’s username is Orloff.

D

d4m.test

Took. A few more pics of my tourby over the weekend.

e174511fca0d82cae3b5fdc8145fe2e2.jpg

381b0fba25a8ee35cd875b3b0df9ea67.jpg

edb6f20ce3fa605590145e8dbec1fd88.jpg

It was this of @seriph’s that gave me a woody for tourbillon’s. Looking forward to getting mine now and will then submit my formal application for membership here [emoji4]

Sent from the RWI App

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
It was this of @seriph’s that gave me a woody for tourbillon’s. Looking forward to getting mine now and will then submit my formal application for membership here [emoji4]

Sent from the RWI App
About time too :)

Hyjynx

28/9/13
My IWC tourby did this exact same thing recently, I posted a thread about it but got zero responses. :(

I just searched and saw your post for the first time. Pictures could have helped, though. Hopefully, this is not a trend with this batch. I’ve got one incoming.

D

d4m.test

If the stem is still in there, it’s possible that the crown has simply ‘unscrewed’ from the stem. Have a look at the crown and see if there is any remnant of broken stem, or if there is a hole for the stem to go into.

It could be something as simple as reattaching the stem, using your chosen bonding agent. That DOES NOT mean super glue!

You’ll want to open the case back, use tweezers to hold the stem as you eject it from the keyless works, then feed it out of the tube. Once attached to the crown, take it carefully on reinserting the stem to the keyless, as you don’t want to feck that up.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI