• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official DSSD Club"

mikeyp

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/3/11
Gents I'm back in again

Calling all pros !!!! any idea what version this is ?

502ed308-3527-c5c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Dssd man

Renowned Member
2/11/11
Mines a bk dssd with a Trevor bezel modded by kenny ;)

bda58c2c.jpg

637d0062.jpg

What you think, I'm Allways looking for Better results

Dssd man

Renowned Member
2/11/11
Hi special force I emailed Trevor and I bought the bezel off him for about $50

Also there's one for Sale of the rep watch part
Which has a flat triangle
Think he wants €450 with
Rep box and spare bracelet
Offer €400 ;)

Muaitai

6/5/12
I bought a Trevor insert with the flat top triangle but not sure how to replace it, I read somewhere that you need to dissolve the glue with a hairdryer or something?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Heat the bezel up with a hair dryer to soften the adhesive tape which holds it in place. Attempt to work the insert back and forth and reheat until the insert is loose enough to spin around inside the bezel. Use some strong tape like Duct tape pressed onto the insert with extra over the outside to pull it out. Clean the inside of the bezel with some nail polish remover or other glue dissolver till clean. Install the replacement insert with a thin amount of Gorilla glue or clear silicone. Place the insert into place and adjust it so it lines up properly. Clean any residue and you're good to go.

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
Hmm, my advice to the members who are running out to mod their inserts to produce a flat top triangle is to take a closer look at the gen and even go try one on at an AD. The triangle is not flat. It follows the curvature of the insert edge. If you think about it, a flat top would look really weird. Am I wrong? All of the triangles on previous Sea Dweller models, as well as subs and GMTs have always been slightly curved.

Here is a close-up of the gen triangle and pearl. It is not flat. It follows the curvature of the bezel insert edge.

URL]

http://www.darthalex.com/images/rwi/DSSD/DSSDPEARLZOOM.jpg

jyyj87

Horology Curious
7/7/12
Hmm, my advice to the members who are running out to mod their inserts to produce a flat top triangle is to take a closer look at the gen and even go try one on at an AD. The triangle is not flat. It follows the curvature of the insert edge. If you think about it, a flat top would look really weird. Am I wrong? All of the triangles on previous Sea Dweller models, as well as subs and GMTs have always been slightly curved.

Here is a close-up of the gen triangle and pearl. It is not flat. It follows the curvature of the bezel insert edge.

URL]

http://www.darthalex.com/images/rwi/DSSD/DSSDPEARLZOOM.jpg

true.. but the current DSSDs from Noob the triangle has too much curve on the roof already.. else it would have been perfect..

i think Trevor's insert is probably the closest to the gen.. the fonts as well

Lenny

I'm Pretty Popular
28/8/11
Officially now a member - think Ill get on well with this one as it's just about perfect size and chunky...how I like my watches.

It's from a fellow member on here and was his daily beater - in great condition however.

It's a Stan (WBK) version - good lume and ceramic bezel.
Pearl is a bit of an 'off' colour and the bezel is quite stiff....can anyone comment on these?

Overall - a great buy.

P1000786.jpg

P1000787.jpg

P1000788.jpg

P1000791.jpg

P1000792.jpg

Muaitai

6/5/12
Heat the bezel up with a hair dryer to soften the adhesive tape which holds it in place. Attempt to work the insert back and forth and reheat until the insert is loose enough to spin around inside the bezel. Use some strong tape like Duct tape pressed onto the insert with extra over the outside to pull it out. Clean the inside of the bezel with some nail polish remover or other glue dissolver till clean. Install the replacement insert with a thin amount of Gorilla glue or clear silicone. Place the insert into place and adjust it so it lines up properly. Clean any residue and you're good to go.

Thank you very much TB, I will try it tonight.

mike 8

Legendary Member
13/8/11
Just sent my BK DSSD to Wiz for reluming
and AR.
Can't wait to get it back.

strout

Looking Around
13/8/12
Hey guys super watch noob here, so please be gentle. Where can I get one of this amazing pieces? Not sure exactly how all this works. Would someone pm some instructions or links to my best/safest quality options. Thanks in advance!