• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Canadian Gun laws, Concerning Airsoft TM Glock 18C?

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
23/10/09
Ok, I am having huge trouble confirming if its legal to own an airsoft Glock 18C.

I know replica firearms are prohibited objects, and not allowed to be owned, this would not be a problem if it was the standard clear plastic with a spring, but its not.

Here is the gun in question:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/pistols-...l/tokyo-marui-glock-18c-gbb-pistol-black.html

Gas powered, made to look as realistic as possible, airsoft Glock 18C.

98% sure it is shipped with an Orange tip.

300FPS, which is legal to own without getting it licensed as a firearm, 500FPS is the limit.

What I am trying to do, is find a LEGAL loophole to get to owning this.

It would be shipped in the name of authoritys, but I don't know if that makes a difference.

Would I need to order it through a local Airsoft Retailer?

stevoo888

Known Member
10/8/09
For pistols you need clear plastic lower body and clear upper body for rifles to be legal in Canada.

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Man that sucks. In the US it just has to have the orange tip.
I have an airsoft pistol that I train with in the off season.

Matyoka

Renowned Member
5/7/10
That's an awesome signature you got there Anopsis, did I ever mention it?

Matyoka

Renowned Member
5/7/10
Delorean, all I know that airsoft weapons purchased on the US side are being seized by Canadian Customs officials. This is a fact...

Matyoka

Renowned Member
5/7/10
Stevo,

Post your S4 in the show me your car section. I bet it looks awesome.

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
23/10/09
Delorean, all I know that airsoft weapons purchased on the US side are being seized by Canadian Customs officials. This is a fact...

I would be ordering from Asia, not the USA.

I don't want to buy from a Canadian gun site, because they don't have Tokyo Marui Glock 18C.

I need legal loopholes! Not what the rules state!

EDIT: Mind you, the mac-11 they had did'nt look that bad quality

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
That's an awesome signature you got there Anopsis, did I ever mention it?

Thanks, a (currently absent) member, jvd45, made it for me. I gave him the subject matter and this was the result. :thumbsup:

Autococker07

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/10
Wow, dunno about dealing with canada, I know when I was in Montana everyone said the last thing you wanted was to be caught at the border with a gun..... Hope you find what you are looking for though!!

POTR

29/8/07
Mail me US$500 in unmarked $5's, $10's and $20's and I'll throw you one across the fence at midnight, 200 meters west of Nighthawk Road in Chopaka, B.C. ;^p

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
23/10/09
Mail me US$500 in unmarked $5's, $10's and $20's and I'll throw you one across the fence at midnight, 200 meters west of Nighthawk Road in Chopaka, B.C. ;^p

Have to attach it to a model rocket, after doing all the calculations that is, because of border patrol.

mt666tm

Renowned Member
2/2/10
Old thread, but i may as well toss in my 2c

There are no loopholes... you need to disassemble and ship in parts, Ship like we do watches with ambiguous "replacement parts" customs declarations... and cross your fingers that all parts will make it (most will, if not all).

I have done this and it's worked, not from asia though... I went to the states to buy the gun (Tanio Koba VP-70), then I took it apart and brought some parts back with me (springs, screws, internal components)... and I mailed myself the rest in seperate packages and they all arrived. It's a gamble though

Matyoka

Renowned Member
5/7/10
DMC,

The best source of legality of an airsoft resides in your home. Didn't you say your father was a police officer?

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
23/10/09
DMC,

The best source of legality of an airsoft resides in your home. Didn't you say your father was a police officer?

Yes he is, here his username is boltgun.

But he does draw the line somewhere, he says he wont let my take advantage of him being an officer to own something that is not normally legal.

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
Alright.....let's turn this on it's head a little.

I assume you have your FAC.

If you don't, good. Get your RESTRICTED FAC. If you already have your PAL or FAC you can upgrade it to Restricted.

It's less than a hundred bucks to do all of this.

Then go buy a REAL Glock. One can be had (used) up here for less than $500.

I, personally am opposed to handguns but am an avid hunter. Just though I'd throw that in. BTW to all of you down south who think that is a contradictory statement, long guns are made for hunting at long range and a handguns only design is close quarters human killing. We can have a debate about holes in paper later.

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
Yes he is, here his username is boltgun.

But he does draw the line somewhere, he says he wont let my take advantage of him being an officer to own something that is not normally legal.

Wow, I have never met your dad and I already like him. A man with principles is a rare commodity nowadays. Good for him.

This has nothing to do with the topic, just that my father is exactly the same way and I really respect that.

Alright.....let's turn this on it's head a little.

I assume you have your FAC.

If you don't, good. Get your RESTRICTED FAC. If you already have your PAL or FAC you can upgrade it to Restricted.

It's less than a hundred bucks to do all of this.

Then go buy a REAL Glock. One can be had (used) up here for less than $500.

I, personally am opposed to handguns but am an avid hunter. Just though I'd throw that in. BTW to all of you down south who think that is a contradictory statement, long guns are made for hunting at long range and a handguns only design is close quarters human killing. We can have a debate about holes in paper later.

Even with the restrictive paperwork required up there he can not own a Glock 18. Not only are they incredibly rare, they are full auto.

As to the proper use of a handgun I appreciate the info about its use. To think I have been using my handguns for target and hunting, all this time I guess they have been defective because they have not killed a single human in close quarters in 29 years. Hopefully I can get them to work properly from her on out.