• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Off-catalogue Rolex franken builds - confessions of a Daytonaholic

KruisingKhaos95

Chairman of Daytonas Anonymous (got any?)
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
20/9/21
Spion Kop - The Scouse Republic
My first of 2 tahitian MOP 509 builds has been completed, pics where sent by my modder earlier today. I think it's turned out great :) :

KZOgTK.jpeg

KZYzBj.jpeg

KZYD0v.jpeg

KZYj51.jpeg

KZY3N4.jpeg

Theatrix

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Patron
Certified
12/2/18
USA
Thrilled to come across this discussion. It perfectly resonates with my interest. All my Daytona's were acquired from Flan_dad, undergoing re-plate processes, some including custom dials. It feels like I've just scratched the surface of the "feel good" aspect, and now, I'm eager to elevate my involvement to the next tier (God help us).

While I haven't delved into all the pages of this thread yet, I'm eagerly anticipating the shared ideas. Speculating on my future interests, the prospect of custom dials with lab-grown stones holds significant appeal. Additionally, I'm intrigued by the idea of venturing into solid metals such as platinum and gold for bracelets, along with exploring CNC cases.

Reactions: KruisingKhaos95

KruisingKhaos95

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
20/9/21
Thrilled to come across this discussion. It perfectly resonates with my interest. All my Daytona's were acquired from Flan_dad, undergoing re-plate processes, some including custom dials. It feels like I've just scratched the surface of the "feel good" aspect, and now, I'm eager to elevate my involvement to the next tier (God help us).

While I haven't delved into all the pages of this thread yet, I'm eagerly anticipating the shared ideas. Speculating on my future interests, the prospect of custom dials with lab-grown stones holds significant appeal. Additionally, I'm intrigued by the idea of venturing into solid metals such as platinum and gold for bracelets, along with exploring CNC cases.
One of the things I love about daytonas is just how much variation there is. Whether it be steel, white gold, yellow gold, everose, platinum, on a bracelet, on oysterflex or a custom strap. Who needs other watches when you can just have a shed load of 'tonas :ROFLMAO:

ssr905

1/11/18
Spain
Amazing build! Did you source the dial separately or have the clean watch?

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Certified
5/2/22
EU
How the mop dial legibility IRL ?
It looks very nice with all those shades

KruisingKhaos95

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
20/9/21
How the mop dial legibility IRL ?
It looks very nice with all those shades
Depends on the lighting to be honest mate. It's certainly not the most legible dial in the world and let's face it, Daytona dials already aren't good from a legibility perspective... But god it's pretty!

Reactions: KJ2020 and flashu

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
What different movements have you used besides the 4130’s ? I want to try to build something and don’t know what options are available other than the 4130’s 7750’s and st19 sea gull.