• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Hello guys,

Does anyone know why the button on 4130 does not popping out? Thus resulting, unable to wind the watch and watch does not work at all.
is anything wrong with the movement? Any input will be much appreciated.

I have tried taking out and installing the crown many times, but it still does not pop out.

who removed your crown pressed the pin too hard, screwing up the keyless. You need to remove dial and hands to reset it.

Ylijumala

1/3/21
In the Soviet EU
Does anyone know why the button on 4130 does not popping out? Thus resulting, unable to wind the watch and watch does not work at all.
is anything wrong with the movement? Any input will be much appreciated.

I have tried taking out and installing the crown many times, but it still does not pop out.

How hard did you press it down (you have to be very gentle)? It could be that you dislodged the internal part (not sure of the correct name), and if so, you must open the keyless mechanism to reset it in the correct place.

edit. Sorry for noise, missed that others had already answered.

Last edited:
Reactions: subaddict

sputim

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Patron
Certified
20/1/13
Happened to me too. Just dislodged and easy to fix, does not require pro watchsmith skills. But be careful with taking off the hands as the noob hands are probe to break (the pinions).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoulderJ

7/5/21
Your movement just needs to be regulated bro. It's not a difficult task, many members do their own. But I would practice some on a cheaper rep before trying it on your Franken.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have discovered the source of the accuracy problem. After receiving the watch, I saw it keep good time (+3 sec/day) for a few weeks. I then discovered that I could start the chronometer and screw down the chrono buttons with the chrono still running. I then decided that since I preferred to have a large running second hand, I would simply run the chrono continuously. Looked great, but I then noticed that my accuracy had gone to hell. From +3 secs/day, I was now seeing -1 minute/day. It seems the chrono running was dragging down the movement accuracy. Turned off the chrono and I was back to +2 secs/day. Lesson learned.

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
....But be careful with taking off the hands as the noob hands are probe to break (the pinions).

Yes, that is a very good point. I've found the hand tube can easily separate from the hand for both the subdials and sweep second hand. It appears noob supers glues the hand tubes to the hands for these parts. I actually had 2 break on me while very gently removing the hands a few months back and both had a white crust that looked like super glue where the tube meets the hand (see pic below). Fortunately I was removing the hands to replace with some better quality after market hands so I didn't really care....although it would have been a major suck fest if I didn't have the spare hands ready to go.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Do you know whenever you service the Daytona at RSC, they will replace a new set of chrono hands and the big seconds hand for you. Coz these hands need to have a very tight fit onto the pinions considering the strong flyback mechanism of the movement. Old installed hands simply have their tube holes widened already which may result with position shifts from the flyback actions

Reactions: ssouthall6

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
Do you know whenever you service the Daytona at RSC, they will replace a new set of chrono hands and the big seconds hand for you. Coz these hands need to have a very tight fit onto the pinions considering the strong flyback mechanism of the movement. Old installed hands simply have their tube holes widened already which may result with position shifts from the flyback actions

That's interesting. I wonder how good some of those pricey used daytona gen hands really are then. Did you know Rolex is making their manufacturing line employees work in their underwear these days to limit the smuggling and selling of watch parts on the black market? Below is a recent pic from their Geneve headquarters!

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
That's interesting. I wonder how good some of those pricey used daytona gen hands really are then. Did you know Rolex is making their manufacturing line employees work in their underwear these days to limit the smuggling and selling of watch parts on the black market? Below is a recent pic from their Geneve headquarters!

Lool no way !

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
I knew it. And here we have their large baby oil bottle that they always use to lube the bracelets

5c83d725e2d7b12ecf1b0001359648ac.jpg

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
Gentlemen

Looking at a 116520 for sale and seller stated that this is a Noob watch. Can anyone help verify that this is Noob? Any info is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

jVL60p.jpg
jVLr55.jpg
jVLttF.jpg

Last edited:

Timewellspent

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/4/13
USA / Florida
I know this has been asked a bunch of times and the answer depends on which time you got the V3 but I wanted to know if my V3 is the best one or should I upgrade to the v4

Noob v3

b418e7d56df8f160ee779c6bd43e31c4.jpg

Gen

b21ed5d3f753ac731be22d8a8398297b.jpg

Timewellspent

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/4/13
USA / Florida
I will plan on replacing bezel with cf on whichever so bezel doesn’t make a difference between models

Last edited:

nightowl77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/6/22
Asia
Hi can anyone recommend me a crystal that is better than the Noob V4 Daytona stock crystal? Is it prof? (besides genuine) Thanks alot

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Deep crystals. Or BTF. But noobs crystals are verry good

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Hi can anyone recommend me a crystal that is better than the Noob V4 Daytona stock crystal? Is it prof? (besides genuine) Thanks alot

Deep crystals. Or BTF. But noobs crystals are verry good
Noob crystals are the closest to gen when it comes to Daytonas. There's no real need to replace them.