• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

McPwn

21/9/20
After seeing the latest $1188 "Noob" has no serial number I have a hard time believing there are any NOS Noobs left. How can there be, Noob has been gone for 6 months. Parts are still available obviously, but I think it's pretty unlikely that anything for sale now would have all the same parts as any batch of Noobs did. BTW the 4130 is listed separately for sale on Ali Express albeit at ridiculous prices.

j6XFtF.jpg

j6Xf55.jpg

Hmm... coincidence that all of these TD's came into stock of "Noob" Daytonas at around the same time?

Reactions: KJ2020

Riverwind85

26/4/18
All the new ones have the movement not engraved. So they are using maybe the movements we saw on pictures without engravings some time ago

werdn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/9/18
Comparison between aftermarket, ARF and Noob dial.

In pictures it's not obvious but in real life the ARF dial has a milky tone, while the gen and aftermarket dials are more porcelain white.
ab1a216599bc69ddaaba66f22dc01827.jpg

Where do you buy aftermarket dial from? And are they any good compared to what noob comes with (asking for both black and white dial) Thanks.

BoulderJ

7/5/21
What level of accuracy should I expect from a Noob v4 Daytona? When I got mine, I had the movement serviced and it was running about +7 seconds per day. Lately it has deteriorated to more than -1 minute per day. I'm not sure if it should be serviced again. Is there a "break in period" for this movement after which it settles down and should then be adjusted by a watchmaker?

Here's my watch:
I've replaced the dial and hands with gen parts.

Thanks for any feedback.

Booonin

2/9/18
Do you think its worth of putting gen crystal? Given the recent price increases in it..

BoulderJ

7/5/21
That is no noob v4. Look a the round "O" in "HOUR" on the bezel.

Sorry, but you're mistaken. This is a Noob v4 116509 originally with the silver racing dial and red chrono hands. Therefore, it also has the racing bezel which I retained. The dial and hands were replaced with gen.

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
What level of accuracy should I expect from a Noob v4 Daytona? When I got mine, I had the movement serviced and it was running about +7 seconds per day. Lately it has deteriorated to more than -1 minute per day. I'm not sure if it should be serviced again. Is there a "break in period" for this movement after which it settles down and should then be adjusted by a watchmaker?

Here's my watch:
I've replaced the dial and hands with gen parts.

Thanks for any feedback.

Your movement just needs to be regulated bro. It's not a difficult task, many members do their own. But I would practice some on a cheaper rep before trying it on your Franken.

subaddict

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/9/18
Hello guys,

Does anyone know why the button on 4130 does not popping out? Thus resulting, unable to wind the watch and watch does not work at all.
is anything wrong with the movement? Any input will be much appreciated.

I have tried taking out and installing the crown many times, but it still does not pop out.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Hello guys,

Does anyone know why the button on 4130 does not popping out? Thus resulting, unable to wind the watch and watch does not work at all.
is anything wrong with the movement? Any input will be much appreciated.

I have tried taking out and installing the crown many times, but it still does not pop out.

Nikz19 perhaps has a clue