• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB Pepsi GMT 126710 BLRO mini review

buzz483

Horology Curious
13/1/20
Funnily enough, I too feel the need to thank KJ2020 for always being there to share his knowledge and for his patience ! KJ2020 you’re a gent. Many thanks

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I want to thank Kj2020 also for the suggestions around the Gmt replicas. I had been reading with pleasure all his posts and he saved me also from buying this Noob Pepsi (which I literally love). That "timebomb" movement is too unrelailable especially considering the price of the watch (about 200 dollars more than the others Gmts from Gmf, Vrf, V9s....)

15841415991665.jpg

:fuelfire:

audiwt

25/5/18

TheGarethJones

Known Member
4/4/18
As someone who’s really interested in purchasing one of these, but isn’t interested in the drifting transition in the 8, does anyone have any insight as to when they might do a new batch of bezel inserts? I’d really love one of the earlier inserts but I just can’t abide by spending money on the later versions when the earlier versions were so much better (especially for the price).

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
As someone who’s really interested in purchasing one of these, but isn’t interested in the drifting transition in the 8, does anyone have any insight as to when they might do a new batch of bezel inserts? I’d really love one of the earlier inserts but I just can’t abide by spending money on the later versions when the earlier versions were so much better (especially for the price).

None of us has any inside knowledge of Noob's plans bro. Factories buy parts in bulk so another batch will come when this one is gone. If the past is any indication, whoever is making their inserts doesn't know or care to make the transition points accurate.

James2020

1/6/20

Actually, I would be more concerned with the movement which I hope Noob updates it in the next version. Likewise, I’m also waiting to get my hands on one of these...

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Noobs history=they will never update this movement until version 9..this is at version 1
The ONLY reason I haven't touched this is because of the timebomb movement, and that the actual basic mod cost is close to $1000+

(Prof crystal, VR movement, labor, ridiculous Noob price)

If this came out at $488 like the ARF but with a 3185/3285 (not xx86 because of the shitty date jumper) that would be reasonable I guess. $398 would definitely be in the sweet spot, but a man can dream :cheers:

Sent from my DHgate Shitter V69 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
The ONLY reason I haven't touched this is because of the timebomb movement, and that the actual basic mod cost is close to $1000+

(Prof crystal, VR movement, labor, ridiculous Noob price)

If this came out at $488 like the ARF but with a 3185/3285 (not xx86 because of the shitty date jumper) that would be reasonable I guess. $398 would definitely be in the sweet spot, but a man can dream :cheers:

Sent from my DHgate Shitter V69 using Tapatalk

Don't be scared of the movement..it does suck..but there are a lot of wise and great dodders here who can help for a cost of course? Look for a used one...The insert is the best pepsi insert so far..and look at the comparison to gen a couple of pages back..they are a close..still a hint away..but the closest for mk3. I really enjoyed mine but it is pricey like you had said.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Don't be scared of the movement..it does suck..but there are a lot of wise and great dodders here who can help for a cost of course? Look for a used one...The insert is the best pepsi insert so far..and look at the comparison to gen a couple of pages back..they are a close..still a hint away..but the closest for mk3. I really enjoyed mine but it is pricey like you had said.
Phil (@down_under) has been bugging me to try this one for a long time. You're definitely right, the insert is absolutely phenomenal. Finding a used one for sale that doesn't go in under 60 seconds though :lol:

Thanks for the perspective!

Sent from my BLRO Noob V9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Vvvlllooo

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Phil (@down_under) has been bugging me to try this one for a long time. You're definitely right, the insert is absolutely phenomenal. Finding a used one for sale that doesn't go in under 60 seconds though :lol:

Thanks for the perspective!

Sent from my BLRO Noob V9 using Tapatalk

There are two huge known kryptonites...one that someone had a fixed for and KJ2020 arm mod. With these done..the chances of it breaking goes waaaay down. Of course, if you were like me and I really only used it as a Submariner...you really wont have issues. Enjoy your watches!

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

indiaoscar

Horology Curious
11/10/19
There are two huge known kryptonites...one that someone had a fixed for and KJ2020 arm mod. With these done..the chances of it breaking goes waaaay down. Of course, if you were like me and I really only used it as a Submariner...you really wont have issues. Enjoy your watches!

Wait, is it only the gmt hand that stops working?

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Couple shots against a gen bezel. Actually prefer my noob insert haha.

From the pics, I think the gen insert is the MK1 one (because of the purplish tinge). The Noob replicates the Mk2 better. I also like the Noob but MK1 insert has a nice vintage look to it.

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
I like the gen insert better to be honest. Don’t want to ask how much that was Will!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk