• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB Pepsi GMT 126710 BLRO mini review

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
So today after a 2 year wait I picked up my Gen Pepsi. A very happy day.
Strange walking into the AD where everyone is wearing masks and gloves. These are strange times indeed. I know it's just a watch with everything going on in the world.

Congrats Mate!! Wear in good health!! Don't be surprised if some eyes drool on your wrist as you walk around :D

BTW, I also couldn't help notice how good the Noob insert looks, its probably a tad shade off. That's why they can get us Noobs to pay $600+ for this one :rolleyes:

Last edited:

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
2 years isnt bad going , my local wont even add me to the list:(

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
nasar73 thanks for doing a comparison I thought I'd never see! To my eye, especially with the sunlight pic, your gen confirms that the bezels currently shipping have much brighter/lighter colors that look more like Mk1 than the darkest Mk3. I'm also very impressed by the Noob bezel. Personally I prefer the blue of the Noob.

TheGarethJones

Known Member
4/4/18
Am I the only one that thinks the Rep Jubilee looks a bit nicer than the gen? This comparison is great, though. It's so easy to get caught up in the transition point and the color of the bezel insert numbers and then to see it like this is such a reality check. Like, Gentle reminder; you wont be able to see any of that in person, you'll just love it and it will feel like a million bucks.

Reactions: leo6929

nasar73

26/8/18
nasar73 thanks for doing a comparison I thought I'd never see! To my eye, especially with the sunlight pic, your gen confirms that the bezels currently shipping have much brighter/lighter colors that look more like Mk1 than the darkest Mk3. I'm also very impressed by the Noob bezel. Personally I prefer the blue of the Noob.

I had the opportunity to try one MK1 version in 2018. The colours were more pastel and I did not warm to the watch. The watch was for another buyer.
I'm glad over the years Rolex has changed the bezel colours.Its a shame it's not vibrant as the classic Pepsi. But I still love it.

See the photo : MK1 vs MK3

And some eye candy... Below is my trio of Gen GMT's! I'm huge fan of the GMT. I have a black ceramic one, after 5 years of owning it, I sold it in Nov 2018.... then Rolex discontinued it. Do I regret selling it? No. Because I did not sell it to make money, I sold it because I just was not wearing it anymore and wanted something different.

One last picture of my Coke Rep with the others!

nasar73

26/8/18
Am I the only one that thinks the Rep Jubilee looks a bit nicer than the gen? This comparison is great, though. It's so easy to get caught up in the transition point and the color of the bezel insert numbers and then to see it like this is such a reality check. Like, Gentle reminder; you wont be able to see any of that in person, you'll just love it and it will feel like a million bucks.

There was not much difference the two really. The gen was just more smoother.
Noob did a great job with this.

I've bought the following reps in the past:

Deepsea
SD43
Rootbeer
Pepsi

Then went on to buy the gens... I have to say these reps are pretty close to the real deal. I sell the reps when I buy then gen because I know I would reach for the rep. So guys wear your Rolex Reps with pride!

Last edited:

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
I had the opportunity to try one MK1 version in 2018. The colours were more pastel and I did not warm to the watch. The watch was for another buyer.
I'm glad over the years Rolex has changed the bezel colours.Its a shame it's not vibrant as the classic Pepsi. But I still love it.

See the photo : MK1 vs MK3

And some eye candy... Below is my trio of Gen GMT's! I'm huge fan of the GMT. I have a black ceramic one, after 5 years of owning it, I sold it in Nov 2018.... then Rolex discontinued it. Do I regret selling it? No. Because I did not sell it to make money, I sold it because I just was not wearing it anymore and wanted something different.

One last picture of my Coke Rep with the others!

Nice collection. My name is finally on a fake list

davidcfowler01

Horology Curious
4/11/15
Guys, I've done loads of research on rwi but struggling to find an opinion (or answer) to the relative pros or cons (or consideration as to what's best) for the pepsi WITH A RELIABLE MOVEMENT (so ichs)? Could anyone please offer advice or point me to any relevant posts?

I'm more interested in the oyster bracelet over jubilee, in case that changes the response.

A huge thankyou in advance. :)

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Guys, I've done loads of research on rwi but struggling to find an opinion (or answer) to the relative pros or cons (or consideration as to what's best) for the pepsi WITH A RELIABLE MOVEMENT (so ichs)? Could anyone please offer advice or point me to any relevant posts?

I'm more interested in the oyster bracelet over jubilee, in case that changes the response.

:picard:

How much research have you done, and you are asking this question on a Noob Pepsi thread? Really?

Get the Noob and throw in a VR3185 movement (hands will need to be modded a bit or get gen 3185 hands). The Oyster "pepsi" 116719 was made in WG.

If insert is not a big deal to you (you would then rather get a different model), get the VRF Pepsi. Most reliable movement, comes in oyster but insert is a POS. The insert colors look more like the 116719 model.

https://puretimewatch.io/watch-brand...a3186-chs.html

Last edited:
Reactions: macarone and KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

The Noob insert is best and the movement is the worst. So you have to compromise. You can use the Noob OOTB til it breaks then see about swapping in a 2836 ICHS or a VR3185. If you are careful and lucky the Noob 2824 CHS timebomb won't ever explode. I have 2 or 3 of those movements that are holding up well (and 3 or 4 others than were broken and now repaired).

15831384678411.jpg

davidcfowler01

Horology Curious
4/11/15

How much research have you done, and you are asking this question on a Noob Pepsi thread? Really?

Get the Noob and throw in a VR3185 movement (hands will need to be modded a bit or get gen 3185 hands). The Oyster "pepsi" 116719 was made in WG.

If insert is not a big deal to you (you would then rather get a different model), get the VRF Pepsi. Most reliable movement, comes in oyster but insert is a POS. The insert colors look more like the 116719 model.

Thankyou, I really appreciate the help. There's very little discussion about the BP and GMT which is why I posted here. Anyway thanks again!

davidcfowler01

Horology Curious
4/11/15

Thankyou, I really appreciate the help. There's very little discussion about the BP and GMF which is why I posted here. Anyway thanks again!

Peo

Looking Around
31/8/18
hi guys, a question about the 3285 movement of the gmt pepsi noob 126710.
If you always set the time from position 3 and never use position 2 (neither to set the gmt and not to set the date) the spring, which is so delicate, when the watch is running, it still breaks ?thanks

grandmarnier

Looking Around
1/3/20
Thanks, KJ2020! I’ve learned a lot from your sharing and almost ordered one until I read your posts.

Sigh...If only the Noob Pepsi comes with a better movement from factory. Not keen to franken the watch so I will hold out till their next version arrive...

I want to thank Kj2020 also for the suggestions around the Gmt replicas. I had been reading with pleasure all his posts and he saved me also from buying this Noob Pepsi (which I literally love). That "timebomb" movement is too unrelailable especially considering the price of the watch (about 200 dollars more than the others Gmts from Gmf, Vrf, V9s....)