• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB Pepsi GMT 126710 BLRO mini review

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Nobody knows. For all we know they may have scrapped the project for movement issues. And if they insist on using cases with fat lugs, and inserts with uncentered engravings, I don't have high expectations.

This is probably accurate

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Yeah same here, I want it but nobody wants to buy my Rosegold Yachtmaster.

What about the movement, are you following the CHS time setting guidelines and no issues?

My Batman CHS seems to be holding up since July despite me setting the minute hand back 2-3 min each day as it runs fast.

BlackPhoenix

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
20/9/19
Everywhere like Jesus
This "mini" review is a big step up for all of us that are considering buying it. No doubt, Noob has done a pretty good job with the bezel... also with the color transition.. ARF for me will never release his clone movement.. So I believe soon I will order this one.

Reactions: KJ2020 and m5smg2

watchguyusa1

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/06
Boca Raton Florida USA
yes with all the quality pictures of the OP , this is very positive! I am ordering soon !
yes I believe should be cheaper but still at 1/20 th the price of getting a gen ($19,000 currently selling for)
for a believable one once a gen xtal is installed is still a value IMHO
this is the hottest watch in the world right now! and the odds of buying one at the Rolex retail of $ 9250 is ZERO !
actually getting one will require $20,000 give or take! which is price gouging at its best example! LOL

remember guys 10-15 years ago to get a rep in this quality meant modding and franken route which would be $1,000 at least investment ,how soon we forget how lucky we have it now!

Last edited:

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Agreed. I’ve been waiting for the ARF clone movement too. But it’s been delay after delay. So movement is taking longer, like Noob’s 4130 clone. As long as they get it right AND reliable Im ok waiting. Meantime, this Noob Pepsi will hold me over nicely ????

f3832b7d12a43ff52149692e9d9e5079.jpg

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Our of curiosity, has anyone heard whether the arf pepsi is on the horizon at all ? Any eta ? I mean the noob was a total surprise and if it wasn't priced about $150 too much I would be all over it for.....for now.

Angus said that they will release 116710 first so it will be probably a long wait.
Also I highly doubt ARF Pepsi will be better than noob. People are waiting for clone movement.
in my opinion at this moment noob is a leader when it comes to Rolex reps.
the big problem with ARF is wrong case proportions in many of their reps. It’s something need to work on.

Reactions: KJ2020 and XLR8R

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Agreed. I’ve been waiting for the ARF clone movement too. But it’s been delay after delay. So movement is taking longer, like Noob’s 4130 clone. As long as they get it right AND reliable Im ok waiting. Meantime, this Noob Pepsi will hold me over nicely ????

f3832b7d12a43ff52149692e9d9e5079.jpg

Noob movement should last as long as you adjust time certain way ( it can be pain in the ass) and don’t abuse it.

Reactions: KJ2020

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
this is the hottest watch in the world right now! and the odds of buying one at the Rolex retail of $ 9250 is ZERO !

I don’t think that’s the case anymore. There are a few people on Rolex forum claiming it took less than a year wait for Pepsi.
some guy bought Rootbeer on the Rolex forum, he said he waited 3 months - he was very surprised they called him and said they gave his watch at the AD.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
BP/GMF typically cuts corners on SS bracelets and clasps, especially Pres and Jubilee bracelets, and 5 digit clasps. They don't finish the inner link sides but leave them rough cut. I've had several of them I ended up replacing with ARF bracelets, even after spending a lot of time buffing them out. I was able to improve them so they weren't so sharp but it's a huge amount of work for only a modest gain.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...639097-are-all-factories-bracelets-this-rough

Maybe that’s why they don’t bother with it either.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Yeah same here, I want it but nobody wants to buy my Rosegold Yachtmaster.

What about the movement, are you following the CHS time setting guidelines and no issues?

My Batman CHS seems to be holding up since July despite me setting the minute hand back 2-3 min each day as it runs fast.

You should just have that regulated bro. Five minutes of work and you don't have to fool with it every day. Excess use of cheap rep crowns will accelerate the wearing out of the crown clutch after which you will have to pull on it to make it engage. This makes winding a nightmare because pulling on it while trying to turn it often results in popping it to position 2, where your turning momentum will move your hour hand the exact wrong direction that needs to be avoided on the CHS movement.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Maybe that’s why they don’t bother with it either.

Exactly. Those inner link sides can be polished down en masse before assembly though, like ARF does I'm sure. ARF Jubilee is smooth all the way across laterally, and so are high end and gold BPs. They just saw a place to take a big shortcut and did so. Those two BP SS Pres bracelets I had were quite sharp. I read about one member who cut his sweatpants swiping his watch across them, and I lost some skin more than once.

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
God damn it this so SO tempting. But I feel like holding out for the Noob V9 BLNR

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
You should just have that regulated bro. Five minutes of work and you don't have to fool with it every day. Excess use of cheap rep crowns will accelerate the wearing out of the crown clutch after which you will have to pull on it to make it engage. This makes winding a nightmare because pulling on it while trying to turn it often results in popping it to position 2, where your turning momentum will move your hour hand the exact wrong direction that needs to be avoided on the CHS movement.

Thanks for the info, appreciate it and did not know that.

I have had this in mind but have so far thought as long as it works maybe better not to touch it. One member here I read had his CHS waterproofed or serviced and got it back not functioning. Seemed like the watch smith tried to set the correct time after the completing the work and broke it.

Reactions: m5smg2 and KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks for the info, appreciate it and did not know that.

I have had this in mind but have so far thought as long as it works maybe better not to touch it. One member here I read had his CHS waterproofed or serviced and got it back not functioning. Seemed like the watch smith tried to set the correct time after the completing the work and broke it.

I remember reading about that. Have a forum member do it or if you are handy at all, we can talk you through it although you would need a few tools and a timegrapher is really pretty much essential. On these movements the regulator arm is almost always blocked by the autowind device, so it and the rotor need to come out. 3 screws total, 2 parts, both easy to take out and put back. If you have a watchmaker willing to work on a rep, maybe wait while he does it and remind him as much as necessary not to move the hands at all, you will do that.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Haha, I know it bro. I found these yesterday and decided that two for the price of one is better and might get a couple. Then I thought, well i could do that and still get this if I want... Arghh

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-released-whole-line-of-dg3804-chs-gmts-cheap
Apparently BP has the best dials. This has been relatively true. The temptation has been devilishly strong to grab a few BP's but this forum has ruined my eyes. Now they are obsessed with micro details! I wish I was a watch virgin again.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk