• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Are all factories bracelets this rough?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hi everyone. I got my first rep yesterday, a BP factory Rolex 36mm Daydate. It's excellent in most respects, but I am a bit disappointed with how sharp the President bracelet is on this watch. The outer links were polished on the outer edges but NOT on the inner edges and the center link edges were not polished at all. The rough cut edges on all these links are slightly sharp and not at all comfortable to slide your fingers across. I was wondering if this is a BP factory issue or are all Rolex bracelets this way from all factories?

I would gladly have paid extra to have both side edges of all links polished like the outer link outer edges are. Those are silky smooth to the touch. Please advise if I need to try a different factory. Swiping a finger across this bracelet sideways is about as bad as 60 grit sandpaper.

Thanks, KJ

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
That white stuff in there is my skin!

15218323223650.jpg

szombat

Horology Curious
29/8/16
I recently got a Tudor Pelagos, and I kind of suffer from the same thing as you. and it is even worse at the clasp.
The first thing the watch did (well its clasp to be exact) is that it scratched my thigh while I was driving. fucking hell it was sharp.

I mended it with a nail file for a while, but instead got myself a 1200 sandpaper, and I am gonna polish it where it hurts the most...

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Yeah I said I'd I wouldn't ever buy BP again but I have and I have sanded down a lot of clasps too. Small price to pay for a good rep I guess.

VYCgws.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I've not had any issues with BP 6 digit oyster bracelets or clasps, but yeah you can pretty much plan on spending an hour on a BP 5 digit clasp to keep from being bitten by it.

Reactions: cpd2186

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Just over 2 years and look how far you're come.

"just got your first rep". I can't even imagine... Lol KJ2020 with no reps.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

thegolfman

Known Member
1/6/20
Most of mine have been quite well finished. My AP RO though is definitely the sharpest but I believe that's more of its natural design than anything. A little sanding can go a long way and make it a bit more of a tolerable finish, I'm sure. Start slowly and get the depth of sanding figured out in some unseen area.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Most of mine have been quite well finished. My AP RO though is definitely the sharpest but I believe that's more of its natural design than anything. A little sanding can go a long way and make it a bit more of a tolerable finish, I'm sure. Start slowly and get the depth of sanding figured out in some unseen area.

I did end up buffing the rough cut sides of the Pres links bro. Sanding is not really an option unless you take the links apart and in any event taking that much material off to make them smooth would make the links look and fit poorly. In the end, I just replaced it with an ARF oyster, also appropriate for the model.