• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB Pepsi GMT 126710 BLRO mini review

Kayatsu1

Certified
12/10/19
Not arguing. LOL. But I think you have it backwards.

I will post a build with a real 116710 case I did. 100% rolex. They even registered it under my name at rolex. The case is very similar to the ARF except the interior machining.

Hands down the edges in the back are sharp. But the lugs outside are not. Subs yes.

Sorry for the argue thing, English is not my native language and sometimes I make some really silly mistakes ahah. I just wanted to say that I didn’t want to create a discussion in which I continue to sustain my position indefinitely.

I can see your point, but we have also to consider that the new Pepsi case is different than the old gmts. Also, I may be wrong, but your built (awesome) case still looks different than arf case to me :)

The ARF bezel is perfect and I agree on that.

Reactions: occb2

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Sorry for the argue thing, English is not my native language and sometimes I make some really silly mistakes ahah. I just wanted to say that I didn’t want to create a discussion in which I continue to sustain my position indefinitely.

I can see your point, but we have also to consider that the new Pepsi case is different than the old gmts. Also, I may be wrong, but your built (awesome) case still looks different than arf case to me :)

The ARF bezel is perfect and I agree on that.

Oh I agree 100%. They both, ARF and VRF do not look 100% like rolex. Nor does the noob. That is because they are not Rolex. LOL. They are replicas and all 3 in their own way have good qualities and negatives. I have said this a bunch of times, these are very exciting times for the rep world. These are the first rolex spec cases for GMT's. I really hope they come out with 5 dig gmt watches. I have a dial, hands, bezel, inset, crystal ring all waiting for it!!! LOL. A nice pepsi 16710!

Yes the new 126710 case is different. It is made for their new GMT movement. On another thread I talk about this. People want the 3185 or 86 in their new batman and new Pepsi with the Swiss (Crown) dial. That is dumb! The new 3285 works as does the ETA. So go with the ETA rep. The hands adjust like eta. Ok the hour hand jumps and no quickest. So they are back to the CHS ETA rep which don't work so great.

At the end of the day. Best out of box GMT rep for reliable timekeeping and looks great is the noob with the ICHS. People will only be able to tell 2 times during the day that it is not CHS. Or if you have someone like me sitting next to you staring at your watch for about an hour. LOL.

Rolex factory will alway make the best Rolex. LOL. Noob and ARF and VRF are doing a hell of a job making close to copies!!!

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
giphy7d6ccd82fa361483.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020 and leo6929

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
my feeble attempt to lay the pictures over each other, using the images that were given..they look very close

Kayatsu1

Certified
12/10/19
I think that all the reps are amazing and as always is a matter of personal preference. I am a super GMT enthusiast too and it’s awesome that finally something is starting to move here. It’s more than one year that I read the forum hoping for a good GMT.
But to me the Noob Pepsi case is just incredible and better than ARF and VRF.
I hope that Mr. Noob (lol) will read this discussion to provide us with a reliable version of it.

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
One more thing. The VRF bezel and crystal needs to be ripped off and either go with real or put the ARF on it. The ARF bezel is an exact rep of the real deal. Insert no, I mean bezel. Crystal ring needs help but its better than the VRF crystal ring. You can not fit a real crystal with a real rolex gasket in a VRF with out using an ARF or rolex crystal ring. You would have to reuse the VRF one which is tall and thicker. Then you are stuck using their bezel assembly. Look at the real rolex and the ARF one then look at the VRF. Look at the thickness of the watches. Don't get me wrong. On my build I went with the VRF case. They are both good. Trust me. Only we see these things. Do you really think a rolex owner thinks about how sharp his lugs are or his SEL fitment? I have been a Rolex owner since 2000. I learned more about Rolexes in the last 7 years than I did in the first 13.

Very well said, and my experience mirrors yours.

shortlegs

31/5/19
Ok guys, I’ll try to show you what I intend hoping not to go offtopic. When I said ultra fat yes probably I wasn’t really accurate, but I can assure you that the case on the ARF has the wrong curves to it and the photo of both ARF and VFR together shouldn’t be taken as good because it’s not frontal and not capture correctly the state of things. In some photos even the arf sub case looks good. This are just two photos that I have found really quickly and kinda help you to see the difference
mNSn8.jpg

this is an ARF QC. Please have a look at the lateral curves of the lugs first, there is no curve, doesn’t the watch looks a bit clumsy? Guys I want to admit it, nothing crazy, ARF is a very good rep. But now let’s have a look at a random VFR QC

mNVdj.jpg

As you can see the case makes a small lateral curve. It’s not perfect as it should be but more like gen then ARF.

ARF has this “fabric brand”. They replicate the watches making all of them fat. Nearly every ARF rep is fatter than the original. It’s like a trademark for them. Here we are not talking about a very big mistake like on subs, but definitely there is something wrong about arf case. This comparison is just a random one made in a few minutes with the first two images I have found but it’s really evident for me. Take you time to study all the arf photos and compare lugs and case to Noob (nearly perfect), vrf... you will see that with time you will be able to spot an arf very easily.
Obviously I am not perfect and I never had an arf in my hand to compare for example with my uncle gmt, this would be the definitive confirmation, but I think what I am sayings it’s not so wrong.

Well your VRF photo isn't fully frontal.

The very slight curve on the VRF lug is really only visible on the top left lug, and then just barely. This is likely because the photo is not fully frontal. You can see that especially in the lower right lug, where the curvature of that lug is from outwards to inwards. This is because that the watch is just very slightly tilted to the right.

Yes, neither the ARF and VRF cases are truly like gen, but then no rep cases are, including Noob. They are all honestly really quite close, and to say that the ARF lugs are "ultra fat" or that the case "completely misses the curves", while the Noob is "99.9% gen", is a huge exaggeration.

Ok, with that out of the way, let's go back to enjoying our reps shall we?

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
ARF lugs look thinner than the VRF to me. BTW for those who can't tell at a glance the ARF is on the left.

LOL I misread your post, I thought "the right one looks a bit fatter" I thought you had it the other way as you wrote ...

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
That's a good effort bro. VRF lugs look noticeably thicker. BP makes a nice looking case too. (Shameless plug for my new $288 TT with covered SEL sides, haha!).
I wear mine all the time scuffed clasp and all. What a great value these are.
The cat agrees

20200110_1447388016d36955ac5490.md.jpg

20200119_133917d372a38567eb284d.md.jpg

20200103_1859374ab834464293cc65.md.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: occb2 and KJ2020

1675Fanboy

3/9/15
Several months later and massive help from KJ2020 I’m finally enjoying my modified to ICHS NOOB 126710 BLRO.

Anyone else have a mark/lack of paint on the bezel 12 o’clock triangle? I’ve tried cleaning it very lightly without any improvement, so I am guessing it’s a lack of paint in there.

979885ea30e77577eff376343e74ae58.jpg
23a1ace25d7db94bde69cd1670b5bd76.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
Several months later and massive help from @kK2020 I’m finally enjoying my modified to ICHS NOOB 126710 BLRO.

Anyone else have a mark/lack of paint on the bezel 12 o’clock triangle? I’ve tried cleaning it very lightly without any improvement, so I am guessing it’s a lack of paint in there.

979885ea30e77577eff376343e74ae58.jpg

23a1ace25d7db94bde69cd1670b5bd76.jpg

Yeah mine has gone the same way at the 12 triangle

1675Fanboy

3/9/15
Be great if could we just find the right shade for the triangle marker so as to negate having to do the whole bezel. But I know how hit and miss colour matching can be...

Reactions: KJ2020