• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

No More Time Bombs, VRF just released 1st fully cloned 3186 and 116710LN

grandphuba

8/4/18
No one has one yet how have you come to this conclusion... would be nice if people wait until a few people actually have the watch in hand before asking will xxx fit and is it reliable after a year of scuba diving. Could be full of gummy bears for all we know at this point! Sorry if i seem rude, your far from the worst offender but as everyone knows, patience is key in this hobby. Lets just wait until some of the pros like occb get it in hand!

I don't find you rude, but to answer your question, what I meant to ask is if the manner of replication is similar to how the SH4130 replicated the actual 4130 caliber; that is, part by part, and not like how the current noob GMT movements is basically a workaround on top of an existing GMT movement.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
I don't find you rude, but to answer your question, what I meant to ask is if the manner of replication is similar to how the SH4130 replicated the actual 4130 caliber; that is, part by part, and not like how the current noob GMT movements is basically a workaround on top of an existing GMT movement.

No one knows yet man! As i said, yours is far from the guys asking will a gen dirt smudge fit, 5 minutes after it was released. Im sure everyone is hoping its as good as the 4130, i know i am. We’ve just got to wait and see how the full tear down pans out. I mean im no mathematical expert but our odds are at least 200% higher that we’ll have a great gmt movement than they were a week ago!

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Probably, but then you will have wrong time setting directions for the newer models. Lol, they invested that much money and just copied one of the most desired movements and all of a sudden, Rolex replaced the movements in all of their new models by a different one with different time setting direction. And again, every fake can be spotted just by setting the time. Did this just happen by coincidence or is the R factory just prepared for us guys ;)

Chinese are just doing what they can to keep the dollars flowing in. I doubt they care much at all about correct winding direction as an upgrade to a new movement that took years to come out.

Reactions: mega12

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
These chinese guys love a step in the 6/18 colour change! Is it really that hard not to have it?

Ad told to me by Spongebob:

"Batman insert is a circle, which immerse the half to some chemicals for dyeing, than put into the oven for sintering.
Once the process is done, the blue color shows up at half of the circle, but the material properties are different comparing to the black color side.
These factories make the numbers by laser ablation, this high energy laser beam evaporates the ceramic to achieve the engraving purpose.
But due to the different material properties (blue and black ceramic), the different evaporation rate induce the bump at the boundary, this is the bump you have seen on the insert."

Maybe the new Noob BLRO fixes this by the colors having more similar "material properties" and hence more similar "evaporation rates"? Certainly not an expert, just making an educated guess based on the info told to me.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Right, is it because of that specific part? Or is noob trying to make huge profits?

To my understanding it's just the insert. They have also improved the insert of the sub V10 but they didn't increase the price by that much, so I suspect that the BLRO insert is expensive to manufacture

Mypelusch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/12/12
With regards to how long we have had to settle with the ichs movement and the crappy old chs movement I’ll think most of us would accept a reliable 3186 movement, even in the new pepsi that have the newer gmt movement, even if it has an incorrect setting direction, who cares? At least we have less tells and maybe a reliable chs movement now. I really hope all factory’s will use this movement in all their Rolex gmt watches, way better than anything we have had for a long time.

Last edited:

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
How many times have you seen someone setting the time on their watch? (Serious question)

What is the reason for frankening? You want to get a watch which is closest to gen. Otherwise, all those anal questions wouldn’t make sense. Is the crystal heigh correct, is the rehaut polished, what kind of CGs or lugs does the watch have, is the pearl on the insert correct, oh the submariner lettering has wrong font, does it have CHS... c‘mon, none of the gen owners will understand anything of what we are talking about and they also won’t spot any of the differences, if it’s not a bad and cheap rep. So what is the reason of all this? To get closest to perfection I guess. And hand setting is way easier tell for me than the correct font or crystal heigh. Just my two cents ;) but as I want to build a 1167... it doesn’t matter to me, because for those it’s correct and I would love to see the VR3186 movement as a good replicated one. I just love to see all the time, that gen is gen. No matter what we do.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
To my understanding it's just the insert. They have also improved the insert of the sub V10 but they didn't increase the price by that much, so I suspect that the BLRO insert is expensive to manufacture

It really sucks that the price had gone up...but they did do a very good job on the noob Pepsi. Swap the crystal and maybe a GMf dial and it looks stunning. Hope they can use the same process to create future watches and keep the prices down. Amazing how far these reps have come along vs 2-3 years ago.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
What is the reason for frankening?...... c‘mon, none of the gen owners will understand anything of what we are talking about and they also won’t spot any of the differences, if it’s not a bad and cheap rep. So what is the reason of all this? To get closest to perfection I guess....

So agree. As many of us here are gen owners, I never thought, not even doubted, of the small flaws of my gens before actually getting in the rep world. And gens have often incorrect details.

Rep game is like a sport, it's all about upgrading an item to perfection (as close as it can get), and it involves not only the way the watch look, but also the way it works. The idea to me, I guess it's the same for other here, is not to fool people around me pretending I own a 20k watch, but knowing for myself that I get the best out of a high-end replica, by modding it, sourcing the pieces, frankening it to the closest.

Gen watches are fascinating but there is no "sport" about it, rep world is much more exciting as it's more of an in-depth hobby.
Personally, I learned much more about watches since I am in reps than after years of owning gens.

So let's get back to the subject : can't wait to get feedbacks on those new GMT movements...

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
So agree. As many of us here are gen owners, I never thought, not even doubted, of the small flaws of my gens before actually getting in the rep world. And gens have often incorrect details.

Rep game is like a sport, it's all about upgrading an item to perfection (as close as it can get), and it involves not only the way the watch look, but also the way it works. The idea to me, I guess it's the same for other here, is not to fool people around me pretending I own a 20k watch, but knowing for myself that I get the best out of a high-end replica, by modding it, sourcing the pieces, frankening it to the closest.

Gen watches are fascinating but there is no "sport" about it, rep world is much more exciting as it's more of an in-depth hobby.
Personally, I learned much more about watches since I am in reps than after years of owning gens.

So let's get back to the subject : can't wait to get feedbacks on those new GMT movements...

You and I are the same...there is no fun in gens. To be treated like dogs by ADs or Rolex is no fun to me either. This is more fun..I also learned a lot about watches in here.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
You and I are the same...there is no fun in gens. To be treated like dogs by ADs or Rolex is no fun to me either. This is more fun..I also learned a lot about watches in here.
Quite true, although in an other hand gens are more about history, heritage and quality. As such I don't think I'll stop having gens, but the money involved and the static beauty of a Rolex or AP is less fun and obsessing than working their replica alter-ego up to high end.

Hours of discussion here, but maybe we're getting out of the thread topic here ????

Last edited:

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Haha yes, let’s get back to the topic and wait until the first guy shares his experiences from a live watch.

I love my gens, love my frankens, hate to be treated like a dog at the ADs. This could be my new cite :)

Tobel

6/7/17
now that they have a 116710,
we need a 16710 with sh / vrf 3186 movement.
when that day comes, i will be ready for rep retirement.
please santa... make this 16710 come true

Ahahah, I don't see you retiring anytime soon ;)

Reactions: pompompurin

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
It really sucks that the price had gone up...but they did do a very good job on the noob Pepsi. Swap the crystal and maybe a GMf dial and it looks stunning. Hope they can use the same process to create future watches and keep the prices down. Amazing how far these reps have come along vs 2-3 years ago.

That price isn't justified at all, because of the timebomb movement. it really sucks ass.

Reactions: Swiss Maiden