• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VRF Pepsi GMT Max

Blackcalf

Known Member
5/6/17
Madrid
Nice set of pepsi twins! What are you hoping to do with them? If you want the VR movement, dial, and insert, what do you need from the Noob? Keep in mind the Noob case has the incorrect crown/stem height and slightly incorrect shape CGs. You're better off keeping the VRF parts in the VRF case and just replacing the crystal with a new one, not the one from the Noob. The cheapest option is a Clark (under $30) but it will not have the LEC. You could probably ask any TD to get you a better crystal with LEC, like one from Noob or another maker.
Thanks for the suggestion. Can you recommend best option for replacement crystal? And a bezel steel ring is it better in noob or VR?

Enviado desde mi LIO-L29 mediante Tapatalk

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Better transition this time but slight ridge on 6. I GL’d anyway as don’t think will be that noticeable

V5N54Z.jpg

V5Nr8e.jpg

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
SvnNZ is the rehaut engraving really that bad?
Because you said it‘s trash a few pages ago lol :D
If the rehaut is okay I am considering to pull the trigger ... or maybe I should wait for ARF to release a Pepsi? Decisions over decisions haha

Reactions: leo6929

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
If the rehaut is okay I am considering to pull the trigger ... or maybe I should wait for ARF to release a Pepsi? Decisions over decisions haha

+1

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under

Personally I don't think it's the best, it's quite rough in comparison with my ZZF V2s sub.

Reactions: KJ2020 and bosaftw

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
I´m not one to complain about rehauts, but that looks really crappy.

Reactions: bosaftw

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks for the suggestion. Can you recommend best option for replacement crystal? And a bezel steel ring is it better in noob or VR?

Enviado desde mi LIO-L29 mediante Tapatalk

Get a Clark's crystal with AR cyclops and put it and the Noob insert in the VRF watch. The insert fit is perfect. Put the VRF insert into the Noob and sell it at a discount. Several members have done this. I put a GMF insert into a Noob so I could make a Meteorite dial build with the Noob insert. Currently still have both, the Noob with GMF insert isn't bad and looks a lot like what the Noob with VRF insert will look.

Look at the last few pages of this thread

VRF Pepsi released

Noob with Meteorite dial
16057405895110.jpg

Noob with GMF insert
16079670516890.jpg

Nvgtrpete

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/1/19
Received my QC pictures, exactly 7 days back ordered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fervid

natasjames

22/10/12
Just received my pepsi.... initially wear is good... good bracelet and clasp, not stiff. Rehaut is not the best. Speed bumps are good. Dunno how to describe the blue and red, not dark blue or blood red.

Now waiting for the batman.

ZY94R8.jpg

Last edited:

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Got my QCs.

Not sure about the gap between endlink and case. I asked for additional pics
ZYQqFI.jpg
ZYQO2c.jpg
ZYQY6X.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Btw I'm trying build meteorite version of the pepsi and in many pics meteorite pepsi insert looks much darker just like noob one.

What do you think KJ2020
ZYpJnc.jpg
ZYpVuX.jpg

Bro your QC looks good. Those are not SEL gaps you are seeing there but SEL recess. The Noob colors are a closer match to gen, the VRF is too bright red for a 126719 IMO.

Reactions: Oascom