• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VRF Pepsi GMT Max

kevBquick

9/10/18
ZIJh2I.jpg
ZIJ2nc.jpg
ZIJ3lj.jpg
ZIJHf4.jpg
ZIJAuX.jpg
ZIJeji.jpg

Just received mine. Looks great! No transition lines this was green lighted. Feeling it! Can’t wait to see it live.

Doesn't have that burple color of blue or pinkish red...when you line up all 3 in natural daylight...its close enough to blend.

Last edited:

StJin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/19
FR/USA
Wow...just wow... I'm feeling an itchy trigger finger now...

May I ask the TD?

Last edited:

kevBquick

9/10/18
Wow...just wow... I'm feeling an itchy trigger finger now...

May I ask the TD?

yes this is andrew at trusty.

you learn to tell QC from the different TDs. Like Li, Angus, intime, trusty....they have their different styles.

Last edited:

Nvgtrpete

27/1/19
yes this is andrew at trusty.

you learn to tell QC from the different TDs. Like Li, Angus, intime, trusty....they have their different styles.

Ordered from PT over a week ago and was just informed it is back ordered. “Please be patient.”

Sent from the RWI App

kevBquick

9/10/18
Ordered from PT over a week ago and was just informed it is back ordered. “Please be patient.”

Sent from the RWI App

andrew doesn't even have the watch listed on his site. but they can get whatever.

placed my saturday USA time. QC this morning. but i expect to be put in the front of the line if there was one, when i got mad watches in with him.

Last edited:

natasjames

22/10/12

Sent from the RWI App

U might be unlucky or whatever reason... For me, fund transferred on 3/12, QC on 6/12, 2nd QC on 7/12 and tracking 10/12.

Last edited:

mytux

Known Member
13/2/20
Belgium, EU
Just got by mail "GMT-Master II 126710 BLRO Pepsi Red/Blue Ceramic 904L Steel VRF 1:1 Best Edition SA3285 CHS MAX Version this watch is out of stock now. Sorry." I asked them to mail me when they have it back in stock

Aquanautilus

Renowned Member
23/9/16
Thank you for all the QC-images guys! Really appreciated! :thanks:

Sadly, the cyclops is a real bummer and keeps me away from ordering one of these.
I'm a bit disappointed tbh. I mean nearly every maker now does a good job in putting in more or less decent xtals.
If they adress this correctly in the following version, I might order it...or another maker (maybe ARF, who did a great job on the Batman-bezel-insert) will be quicker.

kevBquick

9/10/18

Sadly, the cyclops is a real bummer and keeps me away from ordering one of these.
I'm a bit disappointed tbh. I mean nearly every maker now does a good job in putting in more or less decent xtals.
If they adress this correctly in the following version, I might order it...or another maker (maybe ARF, who did a great job on the Batman-bezel-insert) will be quicker.

ordered a clark crystal to replace it with or even have my GMF crystal if I need LEC, which i don't. But either way...got the fix for it and will be here on monday and watch will be a little bit
before arrival. fixable issue for sure. no different than a DW being incorrect.

Reactions: RedBearrd

DkHelmet

21/7/20
Southeast PA, US
I'm in QC. This is my first Rolex rep, I wouldn't mind eyes on the SEL with this VRF. This is direct from the TD, cropped and blown up a bit so you can see the pixels. I'm thinking the SEL at 5 o'clock is... yuge, but it also might be acceptable when worn. I'd appreciate some eyeballs.

Foo - Foo

The transition isn't too bad. The ghost of a white line, tho...

foo - foo

Edit: wow, this forum software is really unhappy with images.

Link to SEL: *****************.com/15iEPOl.png

Link to transition: *****************.com/VbMbfvA.png

Edit: I give up on the images. Wow.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Ok, let me try that once more. SEL:

Transition, which looks pretty good to me

I have to admit that your SEL gap is bad, and I have rejected a rep or two for a similar flaw. Those were reps that I knew were in abundant supply though and I was getting replacement QC pics in 3-4 days. This rep looks to be more limited in stock so keep that in mind when making your decision. Plenty of replacements end up worse in some other way.

SEL gaps won't be nearly as apparent on the wrist with no light shining through from behind. Also, swapping bracelet halves from 12 to 6 might improve the fit and be acceptable on both sides.

Reactions: James2020 and StJin

kevBquick

9/10/18

Not too fond of the look in direct sunlight, but anything else I can't take my eyes off it, I love it!

i think it needs a crystal swap and you will be in love. sure the bezel isn't burple and doesn't have the pinkish magenta hue or whatever in the red. but honestly....it just looks like a pepsi. other than the last photo where the dial almost looks blue....but this is a crystal issue. its already proven to be poor/low quality. your transitions are nice and the color by the 18 when looking actually looks good. your good.

exia78

8/2/14

You don't like the hazz or the mag?

mightysigs

Horology Curious
24/6/19
ZOwThj.jpg

Not too fond of the look in direct sunlight, but anything else I can't take my eyes off it, I love it!

Very nice. Itching to pull the trigger now. I wonder if they are now back in stock. :) Thanks for sharing these photos.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fervid

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
ZOsgfp.jpg

IMG_20201214_195001.jpg

Some more sunset photos and a brief review; I'm honestly amazed how great this thing looks in person and the photos really don't do it justice. VR3185 is a decent platform though although it's obviously not "same adjusting as genuine" as TD websites will tell you. (Gen = rotating crown anti-clockwise advances the hands / jumps hour hands forwards)

Surprisingly the transition speedbumps are much more visible on the TD websites than they are taking decent photos.

My only real complaints with the watch is the crystal clarity, the clasp action on the bracelet feels somewhat stiff and the rehaut engraving is pretty trash, but for a V2 (VRF Max or whatever you wish to call it) I think it's a great rep. My first photo of my first post is really how it looks indoors, albeit the blue isn't quite as dark.

Last edited: