• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New updated prototype pics of the 50th Anniversary bond smp!

thran

9/7/12
Patience, patience guys :D I do hope they iron out any flaws before it comes out. It'll be the same as always, no new reps for ages, then 4 or 5 come along at the same time.

thats the biggest problem because u usually want at least 2 of them :p

Phil G

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/9/10
Stevenage, Hertfortshire, England
The case seems decent on the watcheden version, it's looks like they took a holiday and gave it to their kids to complete the dial and bezel though :)
Are they charging $300 for an a21j? maybe cos it's with boxset?
I do hope the 1:1 above has better attention to detail.

:biglaugh:

50thJBSeamaster.jpg

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Would love to say that this will be out next week, but you know how it is with reps, 3 months is the blink of an eye when it comes to production. I wouldn't expect much until CNY or after...that way if it comes out by xmas then we'll all be delighted. Also just be cause it is the 50th anniversary bond watch doesn't mean Chinese factories pay attention to these things :D

Saying all that it would be cool if we got an update to the prototype!

thran

9/7/12
Would love to say that this will be out next week, but you know how it is with reps, 3 months is the blink of an eye when it comes to production. I wouldn't expect much until CNY or after...that way if it comes out by xmas then we'll all be delighted. Also just be cause it is the 50th anniversary bond watch doesn't mean Chinese factories pay attention to these things :D

Saying all that it would be cool if we got an update to the prototype!

i would love you would be right :p

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
I'm looking forward to seeing this rep. I would be surprised if it comes out GREAT (before the holidays), but considering the detail seen in the initial prototype photos I'm excited.

The problem with these special edition 007 pieces is if its not executed properly and detailed, it ends up looking really tacky. The 40th anniversary rep was IMO the only rep that looked good. All the other special edition models completely failed.

Lets what other ceramic and LM models come out following this.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
I agree omega_guy, seriously hoping they can make something good on the dial details and the bezel insert, otherwise it will be a flop, the ceramic bezel and dial details look very difficult so I have plenty of reservations. It is promising that they bought the gen for the project, and it's about time they corrected some of the old longstanding smp messups once and for all, pearl not centred and logo issues are a bit old and predictable these days.
Ultimately even if they just make some solid progress on it then eventually we might get a proper superrep of these:

...(Which would be more like it ;) ....in these days of AP divers, JLC NS, upcoming Tudor BB and the excellent looking IWC vintage ingenieur, there should be no reason why we can't get an Smp superrep (closed caseback and all)!

854036d1350810810-%5Bfs-lnib-omega-smp-ceramic-black-ref-212-30-41-20-01-003-purchased-oct-5-2012-p1030458r.jpg

thran

9/7/12
I agree omega_guy, seriously hoping they can make something good on the dial details and the bezel insert, otherwise it will be a flop, the ceramic bezel and dial details look very difficult so I have plenty of reservations. It is promising that they bought the gen for the project, and it's about time they corrected some of the old longstanding smp messups once and for all, pearl not centred and logo issues are a bit old and predictable these days.
Ultimately even if they just make some solid progress on it then eventually we might get a proper superrep of these:

...(Which would be more like it ;) ....in these days of AP divers, JLC NS, upcoming Tudor BB and the excellent looking IWC vintage ingenieur, there should be no reason why we can't get an Smp superrep (closed caseback and all)!

854036d1350810810-%5Bfs-lnib-omega-smp-ceramic-black-ref-212-30-41-20-01-003-purchased-oct-5-2012-p1030458r.jpg

I completely agree, I have always wanted to get a SMP, but all we can do is continue to wait

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

BUMP for this thread as I´m very interested too...

Had the stock rep of this at hands and I liked it alot. Now we need the superREP of it done :)

Cheers,
Spirit.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Yeap i have an empty spot in my box just for that baby, cant wait to be released!

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
No news, things seem dead in the water as regards new releases for now, hard to get a solid update from anyone on new omega stuff coming out. Ceramic PO's/SMP production all seems surprisingly quiet. I guess we have to hold out for a while yet.

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06
Bump for how it's progressing...

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
No info at all, which is really disappointing, and also being given a blank stare when trying to find out anything! Progress was good on the case/bracelet but now not even sure if this project was just abandoned/postponed sometime ago. Happens with reps sometimes so wouldnt surprise me. Then again that is all just speculation but the lack of updates/release is somewhat revealing.

Hope it will just appear out of the blue shortly but I wouldn't hold my breath.

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
Updated 50th anniversary Bond SMP

Heads up guys there's an updated versionof the 50th anniversary smp bond 300m bezel engraving looks ok, pearl too, an it is now using the new style smp clasp have a look here;

http://www.1-pc8838.com/0059-p-13578.html

Funds up and ready!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2