• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New updated prototype pics of the 50th Anniversary bond smp!

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Yeah pricing these limited edition "gimmicky" pieces this high is a bad strategy. It won't do as well as the CrPO did (and even the CrPO didn't do that great).

I'm certainly going to try one, but ill need to wait until the price goes down.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Would've hoped for around $278 or similar for this sort of watch but ever increasing prices seem to be the flavour of the day.

Anybody get QC pics yet? please post them if so, need a better look at these! :)

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
Yeah pricing these limited edition "gimmicky" pieces this high is a bad strategy. It won't do as well as the CrPO did (and even the CrPO didn't do that great).

I'm certainly going to try one, but ill need to wait until the price goes down.

^^ LOL my exact thoughts!!

I think most of the dealers are taking advantage of their exposure and hype on all four forums..is there any control from the site owners/partners?
or are they immune from that and can demand such high prices?
just my 2 cents

D

d4m.test

I think most of the dealers are taking advantage of their exposure and hype on all four forums..is there any control from the site owners/partners?
or are they immune from that and can demand such high prices?
just my 2 cents

I think the dealers can and should take advantage of hype and exposure much as possible as long as there's no dishonesty. The site owners and partners have no say unless it gets into price fixing territory.

The best way to have your say is with your wallet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
I think the dealers can and should take advantage of hype and exposure much as possible as long as there's no dishonesty. The site owners and partners have no say unless it gets into price fixing territory.

The best way to have your say is with your wallet.

In that case I will not be surprised in the coming few months, omega reps or all other brands will be passing the $500 mark as launch price on new models.

good luck to everyone's accounts
:cheers:

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Same with all dealers tbh, even the 'cheap' dealers have moved up in price, even for the CPO the base price for most budget dealers is around $298/$308 etc.
Basic 3 hander reps in general have taken some steep jumps in the past few years

$188 - $228 - $268 - $288 - $328/$338 (+ $40, +$40, +$20, +$40/$50)

It'll be $368 for a basic 3 hander next, then by next cny it'll top $400.

What makes me laugh are the customers running around on some of the forums about new releases saying to dealers "I'll pay close to $600 for this if you get it right"

Here's a recent picture of a top dealer:

MontyBurns.jpg

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
This is the basic rule of trade, offer and demand!

As long as there are people paying that money for a rep, prices will go up and up and up...

D

d4m.test

As long as there are still forum users keeping the "greedy" dealers grounded, I think things will be OK.

I'm glad to hear the CrPO rep flopped. With pearl placement all over the map, "Swiss" movements showing signs of wear, and combined with overly high pricing on launch, that product deserves more criticism and less "relax, if you want perfection get a gen."

I just bought another genuine Hamilton watch for $325 with Swiss ETA2436 brand new on Amazon. If reps keep getting higher than that for an inferior product, the market will collapse worse than the housing market in the US.

albiea

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/1/13
I guess from a sales perspective the CrPOs may have flopped (I wouldn't know cause I don't have access to sales figures from TDs). I have to say I'm pretty happy with my 45mm CrPO, other than the fact i've banged it into a wall a few too many times and i've got a couple of deep scratch marks on the bezel (thats why I've started to hunt down a replacement bezel but it's impossible to find one at the moment).

My pearl placement wasn't too bad, and the 'swiss' movement hasn't shown any wear issues - other than the fact that my watch is running 2 mins ahead every month. I'm pretty happy with it, even if its a daily beater.

Also at the same time, the watch is a fraction of the price of the gen so i think people are expect a bit too much from Reps these days. Sure you pay the money but the quality is there though.

D

d4m.test

Also at the same time, the watch is a fraction of the price of the gen so i think people are expect a bit too much from Reps these days. Sure you pay the money but the quality is there though.

I'm glad you're happy with your purchase. I just think that constructive criticism of pricing and quality should never be stifled. We all hate noobs that threaten PayPal disputes when they receive a watch with a scratch on the bracelet, and those guys need to be told to shut up. But when I see a user post a legitimate complaint about a used ETA in a new CrPO or a loose screw swimming in the movement, I hate seeing people reply "it's a Rep. Relax." Even an eyelash under the crystal is infuriating, since it's such an easy QC issue at the factory and most end users can't do anything about it.

If a Rep is priced like a gen Tissot or Hamilton, I think it's reasonable to accept at least some of the same quality. While I have no problem spending $350 on a JLC Swiss Diver, I definitely wouldn't shell that amount out for one of these.

albiea

17/1/13
But when I see a user post a legitimate complaint about a used ETA in a new CrPO or a loose screw swimming in the movement, I hate seeing people reply "it's a Rep. Relax." Even an eyelash under the crystal is infuriating, since it's such an easy QC issue at the factory and most end users can't do anything about it.

If a Rep is priced like a gen Tissot or Hamilton, I think it's reasonable to accept at least some of the same quality. While I have no problem spending $350 on a JLC Swiss Diver, I definitely wouldn't shell that amount out for one of these.

Oh definitely if there's a mark, scratch or eyelash or loose screw that wasn't picked up via the QC pics. Discuss this with the dealer. The dealer i go through isn't a TD here but I've had a few dealings with him in the past few months and haven't had any complaints. I recently purchased a PAM from him which arrived DOA, and after doing some troubleshooting, he agreed to get it exchanged with the factory (at my cost to ship it back).

Here is my collection as of Monday this week (including the DOA PAM 111)
FJdRqrql.jpg

The Gen watches I have a casio gshock, a Tissot PRC200, a Fossil watch.

Just waiting on my Watch case so i can put them away nicely instead of leaving them on my study desk bare at home.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Finally updated! Can't wait to see it on real life pics!

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
I'm glad you're happy with your purchase. I just think that constructive criticism of pricing and quality should never be stifled. We all hate noobs that threaten PayPal disputes when they receive a watch with a scratch on the bracelet, and those guys need to be told to shut up. But when I see a user post a legitimate complaint about a used ETA in a new CrPO or a loose screw swimming in the movement, I hate seeing people reply "it's a Rep. Relax." Even an eyelash under the crystal is infuriating, since it's such an easy QC issue at the factory and most end users can't do anything about it.

^^Ditto

:cheers:

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Some example QC pics up on the site. Pearl a bit of a mishap on this one, and the logos crooked, probably not the best example showing it off :) .. but interesting watch all the same. Surprisingly the logos/lettering and raised looking dw look like how they should have been on the 42mm CPO.
I'm sure we'll see more pics soon enough.

EdVNGoh.jpg

Q3Tfu9q.jpg

Jb2tXLe.jpg

oOOsNCf.jpg

jzgfm3p.jpg

5rfAclD.jpg

flieger123

Renowned Member
7/2/13
I guess I differ from the majority but that is an ugly watch imo. The '007' dial especially.

Pam007

5/7/12
Are they going to ever fix the stupid Bubbly hour markers?

Are they going to release a non 007 version?

I would buy a regular SMP Black Ceramic, not this limited edition crap

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/3/06
London

Hey, be nice :facepalm: thats my watch in the QC, will post a wrist shot when it arrives.

I went to the new Omega boutique in London today and tried on the original along with the omega crpo, both really nice, and wind as smooth as butter, but I was really suprised to see, especially on the PO how wobbly the hands are when you move them, very rep like.

The very obvious tell on the movement of the PO is the date change, it does not click over with the crown like a standard eta. You put it in the date change position, then the hour hand moves on its own, so you keep turning till you get the date you want.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08

Everyone's opinion is respected, especially when followed by reasonable arguments...

stupid bluddy crap aren't even close to "reasonable arguments" :facepalm: