• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New updated prototype pics of the 50th Anniversary bond smp!

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Yep, thats the bought gen for the project. No info on this as yet, lets hope some news by xmas or after that sometime after chinese ny. Things slow at the moment with reps.

That guy etaswiss, as said is not a trusted dealer or anything but he does seem to have info that others wouldn't on certain builds. He had reliable info last year on various pam models prior to release so hopefully he will keep updating.

Once the rep is released, all the dealers should have it within a short time. I'd rather the factories spend a little longer fine tuning and getting things better on a new rep than rushing one out to market too soon. Also I'm not sure how it might work, but if they finally get this smp case right, we might then have a whole new window of opportunities with old smp builds. A proper smp case finally? might equal = 2254, 2531 etc in the long run? Who knows?

thran

9/7/12
Yep, thats the bought gen for the project. No info on this as yet, lets hope some news by xmas or after that sometime after chinese ny. Things slow at the moment with reps.

That guy etaswiss, as said is not a trusted dealer or anything but he does seem to have info that others wouldn't on certain builds. He had reliable info last year on various pam models prior to release so hopefully he will keep updating.

Once the rep is released, all the dealers should have it within a short time. I'd rather the factories spend a little longer fine tuning and getting things better on a new rep than rushing one out to market too soon. Also I'm not sure how it might work, but if they finally get this smp case right, we might then have a whole new window of opportunities with old smp builds. A proper smp case finally? might equal = 2254, 2531 etc in the long run? Who knows?

i completely agree, i am going to keep an eye on this website and see whats going on with this project

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
The case seems decent on the watcheden version, it's looks like they took a holiday and gave it to their kids to complete the dial and bezel though :)
Are they charging $300 for an a21j? maybe cos it's with boxset?
I do hope the 1:1 above has better attention to detail.

thran

9/7/12
The case seems decent on the watcheden version, it's looks like they took a holiday and gave it to their kids to complete the dial and bezel though :)

Yea its an a21j :(
I am still going to wait until someone else reps this watch

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Yea its an a21j :(
I am still going to wait until someone else reps this watch

Yeah, the 1:1 copy above is different I think (i hope!) it has screwed bracelet etc. There has been a few cheaper versions around similar to the watcheden one, also from narikaa etc. It looks like some factory repped it earlier from pics. Lets hope they get better quality from a direct gen copy...we would hope so anyway. Not much point buying the gen to create a very weak a21j from it.

thran

9/7/12
Yeah, the 1:1 copy above is different I think (i hope!) it has screwed bracelet etc. There has been a few cheaper versions around similar to the watcheden one, also from narikaa etc. It looks like some factory repped it earlier from pics. Lets hope they get better quality from a direct gen copy...we would hope so anyway. Not much point buying the gen to create a very weak a21j from it.

thats exactly how i feel

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

Oh wow...

I think even I will be in for one of these if they turn out to be well replicated!
...Haven't seen the gen before this thread as I am not into Omegas that much, but this is a really cool watch!!!

Cheers,
Spirit.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08

Narika has these A LOT cheaper.

spdu4ia

25/7/12
I don't want cheaper, I want better

Ok, cheaper is nice, but definitely better

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
ETASwiss is Sean of the famous 1:1 Sean Submariner case, isn't he?

He may no be a TD here but he's pretty well known.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
He's not part of the forums, but not an untrustworthy dealer if thats how it can be put. Some dealers are fine and operate on different scale or pricing etc. Many other dealers out there that are not scammers per se but just have their own setup. I've never personally dealth with Sean but many many across the forums have and as KBH says he is well known. He also does seem reliable but his pricing is notoriously high. If a good rep is released then he may have initial priority on stock, but after a few weeks it will filter down to every other dealer on the forums etc.

Edit: At least I hope thats how it goes :D

thran

9/7/12
He's not part of the forums, but not an untrustworthy dealer if thats how it can be put. Some dealers are fine and operate on different scale or pricing etc. Many other dealers out there that are not scammers per se but just have their own setup. I've never personally dealth with Sean but many many across the forums have and as KBH says he is well known. He also does seem reliable but his pricing is notoriously high. If a good rep is released then he may have initial priority on stock, but after a few weeks it will filter down to every other dealer on the forums etc.

Edit: At least I hope thats how it goes :D

I hope so too! so maybe it will be well worth the wait. Thanks for the info as well

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Bomba, just to clarify the narikaa/watcheden version is a different version than the etaswiss prototype listed above. The cheaper 'copied from photo' a21j that reg/tony are selling came out about six weeks ago. The etaswiss is being cloned from a bought gen and won't have a21j in it. The factories are still in production with this one, I'm not sure the dial is even done yet. tbh I don't know how it will turn out in the end but usually when the gen is bought for replication purposes the result is better than the cheapies. Hopefully expect more news by xmas or if not directly after Chinese new year on the 1:1 version.