• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Sub up on Toros - Noob V2?

Jake48

Renowned Member
17/3/06
My V1 bro, cheers buddy. Dukes ordered me a handset, but to be honest, I may or may not fit it. The watch has actually got better with "age" in my opinion, feels good, looks good, runs good, and FOOLS good!!!
Do for me mate.

As you know Al I ordered the BP insert and hands when i purchased my watch with the intent to swap them out. I placed the BP insert next to the Noob and it was easy to see it would be a waste of time. In real life there is no discernible difference. This whole insert "Flaw" engraving not deep enough, wrong font etc seems to be coming from the computer picture geek squad - people who have never seen the watch in real life. If there even is a difference between the Noob insert and the Gen inset, it isn't worth all the obsessing over, that is for sure. In real life there really is no difference between the Noob insert and the BP insert. The pearl, however, is another story. In real life the Noob pearl blows the BP pearl away as far as which looks more Gen like.

With regards to the thicker hour hand. Yep, side by side to a Gen you can see the Noob hour hand is a little thicker. Get the Gen less than a meter way and shazam! the difference disappears - just like magic. Basically, unless you have the Noob side by side to a Gen, there is no way you are going to be able to detect the difference.

My hour hands will stay in the container they came in and I will have them installed when I have the watch serviced. Not because I have to so that the watch will look right, but more because I can...

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
As you know Al I ordered the BP insert and hands when i purchased my watch with the intent to swap them out. I placed the BP insert next to the Noob and it was easy to see it would be a waste of time. In real life there is no discernible difference. This whole insert "Flaw" engraving not deep enough, wrong font etc seems to be coming from the computer picture geek squad - people who have never seen the watch in real life. If there even is a difference between the Noob insert and the Gen inset, it isn't worth all the obsessing over, that is for sure. In real life there really is no difference between the Noob insert and the BP insert. The pearl, however, is another story. In real life the Noob pearl blows the BP pearl away as far as which looks more Gen like.

With regards to the thicker hour hand. Yep, side by side to a Gen you can see the Noob hour hand is a little thicker. Get the Gen less than a meter way and shazam! the difference disappears - just like magic. Basically, unless you have the Noob side by side to a Gen, there is no way you are going to be able to detect the difference.

My hour hands will stay in the container they came in and I will have them installed when I have the watch serviced. Not because I have to so that the watch will look right, but more because I can...

Mate, I will be doing exactly the same. Hands will remain sealed until sonething bees done. Until then, am changing nowt. But its a keeper for sure.
Hopefully a Non Date will surface in V2/3 mode and al plump for one. Rubber strap hopefully on its way soon for my V1 for a wee change of look. Still love the thing.

jorgeinmiami

Getting To Know The Place
18/7/13
Looking to purchase this watch. Are there any differences from the different sites. Who is the most reliable and fastest shipping.

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
All TD's are safe.
All pretty mush sell the same watch ( give or take QC issues)
All pretty much charge the same price. (Full Stop lol)
And ALL will make sure you become part of the gang, for similar postage, same amount of time, and maximum amount of happy times!

But ad say Ryan lol ;-)

(See what a did there lol)

mikeshark007

Renowned Member
4/6/12
hulk v2 for me
Excited to see the hulk too! From the pics it looks like the bezel color is a tad dark... Not enough emerald color...the bp hulk has correct emerald color but the sheen is very bright and too strong....this is a grail rep for me...my fingers are crossed for live1.... I hope this hulk is the one!!

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
30/3/09
Yup, Ryan will offer DHL which is saves you a few days

Om3ga_guy

Respected Member
28/12/10
Canada

Jake48 - this is a very very good point and well said!

I share the same point of view.

I've pulled the trigger on one of these V2's - CANT FRIGGEN WAIT!

Alpha Dog Omega

Renowned Member
10/3/08
Well, had myself all up on an order for the Ingeneiur LE - even had a Croc strap made for her - but read this thread and ordered a Hulk... guess the croc goes on my Speedy Panda. Hope this is a looker with quality! fingers crossed...

live1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/13
im ordering a hulk aswell its always been my favourite sub c, i prey that toros pics are too dark,and i get a nice surprise on doorstep,

live1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/13
Excited to see the hulk too! From the pics it looks like the bezel color is a tad dark... Not enough emerald color...the bp hulk has correct emerald color but the sheen is very bright and too strong....this is a grail rep for me...my fingers are crossed for live1.... I hope this hulk is the one!!

my bp hulk was my first rep,then i got bp ln,i just couldn't like my non ceramic bp hulk insert.so i cant wait to get my noob hulk,plus im a bodybuilding freak goes well with the hulk lol

Dukes

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/4/13
Ok Dukes.
Different angles csn make a massive difference to the perceived size of dem damn rings.
Sleep easy bro, its small small stuff. ?

images

Winner!!!!

WAAAAAY to much obsessing over pictures comparing micro measurements going on here. Pull the trigger and get the watch for cry'n out loud. Seems to me the same person(s) keep posting over and over about the "Flaws" - hour rings, bezel shine, rattling end links, font spacing etc etc and what I have noticed is that none of these people even own the watch. In fact, some of them don't own the Noob Sub C or the BP Sub C.

I have the Noob Prototype and have compared it side by side to the Gen. Bottom line is that unless you hang around people who snap HD pictures of your watch and then go home and magnify them 20x on the computer screen and then spend hours upon hours obsessing over micro details, they're not going to be able to tell it ain't a Gen.

It really is that good. The pictures Sharkey posted of this watch capture the quality about as close as you can get. If you can't see from those pictures what a quality watch this is, save your pennies and go buy the Gen...

I ordered one on Monday.

Alpha Dog Omega

Renowned Member
10/3/08
Paolo just to be clear, the video above is gen. And yes THAT is beautiful. All the TDs are selling the same v2 Sub C, so just check your QCs for the quality of YOUR watch.

mir36

Known Member
5/6/09
Thanks for sharing the Knowledge folks! Just paid for my order for the V2 Noob Sub-C with Ryan. :thumbsup: