• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Sub up on Toros - Noob V2?

live1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/13
ive just noticed that they messed up the v2 dial text,the prototype was spot on,intime ryan has got pics of the v2 up now.i just saw the = next to 300 is completely wrong its at a slant which is from the other gen dial ,and because v2 dial has the long f the 1 should be like this not like l the top of the f is the wrong shape aswell

its very anal and not noticeable but i notice things,they defo had a perfect dial txt with prototype wonder why they change the dial

live1

Banned
25/3/13
also double ar looks very blue.i think i may get the hulk version and see what dial they use

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Not a Td on here but is on our sister site, Mehmet takes outstanding pics and thought I would share

syty9ape.jpg
5usyma4a.jpg
2ahedyte.jpg
ehe4yve4.jpg
tumame6y.jpg
ty6a4yry.jpg

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

Ruski91

Respected Member
12/10/12
Rog, i thought his site was down, i have been checking all day. Did he post this up on RWG?

Ruski91

Respected Member
12/10/12
I dunno guys after looking at KW's photos this thing screams quality. Whatever flaws there may will be seen at a macro level. This thing looks nice

live1

Banned
25/3/13
here is the hulk v2 sub c lovely may pull trigger this is of toro,i hope the green looks legit

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
As Max Bygraves said "YOU NEEEED HAAAAAANDS" lol
Set ordered and be fitted soon as.
Hope the V4 sorts out the bezel etching!!!! ;-)

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
30/3/09
y2y4yjas.jpg
e4erabam.jpg
nehape7a.jpg
9avuvytu.jpg
nypanege.jpg
ajevuny6.jpg

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2
IMHO it looks great. Like others said the problems are at macro length

Does he have close ups of the hulk? My order is for black but maybe ill go green if its close to gen (color-wise)

Jake48

Renowned Member
17/3/06
Ok Dukes.
Different angles csn make a massive difference to the perceived size of dem damn rings.
Sleep easy bro, its small small stuff. ?

images

Winner!!!!

WAAAAAY to much obsessing over pictures comparing micro measurements going on here. Pull the trigger and get the watch for cry'n out loud. Seems to me the same person(s) keep posting over and over about the "Flaws" - hour rings, bezel shine, rattling end links, font spacing etc etc and what I have noticed is that none of these people even own the watch. In fact, some of them don't own the Noob Sub C or the BP Sub C.

I have the Noob Prototype and have compared it side by side to the Gen. Bottom line is that unless you hang around people who snap HD pictures of your watch and then go home and magnify them 20x on the computer screen and then spend hours upon hours obsessing over micro details, they're not going to be able to tell it ain't a Gen.

It really is that good. The pictures Sharkey posted of this watch capture the quality about as close as you can get. If you can't see from those pictures what a quality watch this is, save your pennies and go buy the Gen...

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
30/3/09
Jake: worded perfectly. There are no blatant tells bottom line.

Curious if your prototype had the updated ar cyclops? Is it like gen?

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
images

Winner!!!!

WAAAAAY to much obsessing over pictures comparing micro measurements going on here. Pull the trigger and get the watch for cry'n out loud. Seems to me the same person(s) keep posting over and over about the "Flaws" - hour rings, bezel shine, rattling end links, font spacing etc etc and what I have noticed is that none of these people even own the watch. In fact, some of them don't own the Noob Sub C or the BP Sub C.

I have the Noob Prototype and have compared it side by side to the Gen. Bottom line is that unless you hang around people who snap HD pictures of your watch and then go home and magnify them 20x on the computer screen and then spend hours upon hours obsessing over micro details, they're not going to be able to tell it ain't a Gen.

It really is that good. The pictures Sharkey posted of this watch capture the quality about as close as you can get. If you can't see from those pictures what a quality watch this is, save your pennies and go buy the Gen...[/QUOTE]

My V1 bro, cheers buddy. Dukes ordered me a handset, but to be honest, I may or may not fit it. The watch has actually got better with "age" in my opinion, feels good, looks good, runs good, and FOOLS good!!!
Do for me mate.

Robotomic

25/4/12
Jake: worded perfectly. There are no blatant tells bottom line.

Curious if your prototype had the updated ar cyclops? Is it like gen?

I think the bezel font is off pretty much. Compare the 3 in 30 to the gen. Pretty easy tell imo.

I might still get it though. Everything else looks quite good. Pearl looks very nice.

Jake48

Renowned Member
17/3/06
I think Jake has almost convinced me...

lol

Not reall trying to convince anyone Capt., but I have been doing this (collecting reps) for a long time. I have a few rollies from not very long ago that I sunk well over $1,200.00 each into with mods to get them "Just right" - so I get the whole "I have to have my watch exactly like a Gen" thing.

The Rep watches now, however, have become so good that it is not a single flaw here or there that give the away, but rather the cumulative sum of all the subtle flaws together that make a watch come across as "fake" Instead of focusing on nano measurements regarding hour ring thickness, font spacing or the depth of engraving, people are missing the other flaws that I feel give the watch away as being fake. Although subtle, things like the metal texture (brushing/polish) how defined the machine work is on things like the case, bracelet and crown, the feel of the watch, the clarity of the crystal and the way a watch looks in the light, both natural and artificial are the true killers and give a ways.

You can have a watch look great on a flat computer screen because all the micro measurements and angles are right, but if it doesn't pass the real world test in person, even someone who isn't a WIS and doesn't know the bezel isn't engraved deep enough or the font isn't spaced just right can sense that something isn't quite right. And lets' face it, 99% of the people don't have a clue about all these micro measurements people here are obsessing about. Even if they did, in the real world, not under a microscope, these teeny flaws would not be seen anyways.

But show a watch that gets every measurement right to a person. WIS or not, and if that watch has the wrong brushed finish, the metal is off in color or shine, or when held it just plain feels "cheap" by weight, balance or things like how crisp the bezel turns, the bracelet snaps or how silky smooth the links move or not and I guarantee within seconds even an amateur watch buff will say "fake"

For me, the fact that the Noob doesn't get everything 100% true to Gen (What Rep does) is offset by the amazing finish and quality build the watch has. Something you can only experience if you hold the watch in your hand.

I'll be the first to admit my $1,200.00 + modded Reps with tons of Gen parts were so accurate on paper it was ridiculous, but as hard as I tried, they where never quite right. Now, I am not saying the Noob C is equal in every way to a Gen, but again, I can't emphasize enough, that for essentially $400 this is as close to a Gen as you can get. Not because it is an exact 1:1 copy, although it is pretty darn close, but because it has that Gen look and feel in real life, not on a computer screen...

You won't be disappointed...