• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Release: Noob Skydweller

Siege79

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/10/20
jPVGok.jpg
jPVFDD.jpg
jPVSTo.jpg
jPVRMY.jpg
jPVx5P.jpg
jPV00J.jpg
jPVJBW.jpg
jPVVNS.jpg
jPVgKQ.jpg

Here are some new pictures of the supposed Noob V2 Sky Dweller that my domestic Chinese dealer sent me. Would appreciate some expert input KJ2020 hehe

do you know where I can purchase these?

Siege79

25/10/20
Are you sure these are the same? KJ2020 maybe you could enlighten me?

QUOTE=Swiss_goupil;n10536823]

6006e6d167ead6982a2d86efc597e625.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

The JNF ones listed at Trusty appear to be the only recent new entries bro. J is often used by factories as a temp name JNF could be"J = New" Noob factory. Compare the JNF listings to the JWF ones. The JNF has the updated GMT wheel curved fonts and the updated larger font DW, so it's probably the best available atm. But read some pages back in this thread for shortcomings in the blue and white dials. Black dial one is probably the best bet.

Https://trustytimewatch.io/index.php...weller&x=0&y=0

Last edited:

Siege79

25/10/20
Thank you sir, much appreciated. :)
QUOTE=KJ2020;n10537253]

[/QUOTE]

The JNF ones listed at Trusty appear to be the only recent new entries bro. J is often used by factories as a temp name JNF could be"J = New" Noob factory. Compare the JNF listings to the JWF ones. The JNF has the updated GMT wheel curved fonts and the updated larger font DW, so it's probably the best available atm. But read some pages back in this thread for shortcomings in the blue and white dials. Black dial one is probably the best bet.

Https://trustytimewatch.io/index.ph...h_in_description=1&keyword=Skydweller&x=0&y=0[/QUOTE]

Reactions: KJ2020

RikonJJ

Known Member
18/7/20
UK
Is there a NooB version of the Everest Gold with Grey Face available anywhere? I have been researching but can't seem to find one so wanted to check if it exists?

RikonJJ

Known Member
18/7/20
UK
Yes I think I have that model already. Issue is the bracelet is quite loose and light in weight and the bezel is not as solid as a NooB.

Heisenberg

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/1/11
So I just picked up a "Noob V2" - I'm not sure if this is true Noob v2 or more likely a ' Fake Noob'. But it is pretty impressive other than the universal issues with DG movement - rotor noise than can be reduced, and that familiar cheap Chinese clone winding action. That said, DG movements tend to be reliable if not serviceable.

Some early thoughts:
  • Steel bezel is well finished. The bezel is tight and there are no stops, it's moves slowly/continuously with moderate resistance. It's obviously not a true annual calendar but the functions are all there, so absolutely no complaints on that.
  • Bracelet clasp code is C5J not D1E but it seems to be correct design, fits fine, and finished well typical of Noob, ARF, etc.
  • Dial insert is centered, fonts seem good, coronet looks decent. The spacing between Rolex and the triangle is improved.
  • GMT wheel has a fine texture to it, but it's not really visible without magnification and the font is improved. Date is more bold than the OG but less bold than the gen. I prefer it as the date font on the genuine looks old school fuguzi Rolex to me ?
  • Crystal is just okay... a Prof upgrade would be worthwhile for sure.
    ZwXWu2V
  • No QC issues, it's a good sample.
Although it's expensive for a rep with a cheap DG movement, it's definitely worth the money IMO. Whoever originally implemented this movement with the bezel/case did a pretty fantastic job, well done! And I like the size and weight and the extra complexity over a plain DJ which I find too boring. Going to look for a blue dial version and try to work my AD connections for a gen.

Thanks to my friend and fellow member macarone for the very nice watch!

jNJwFI.jpg

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
So I just picked up a "Noob V2" - I'm not sure if this is true Noob v2 or more likely a ' Fake Noob'.

jNJwFI.jpg

Looks like the one that's been discussed recently in this thread. The C5J clasp code ID's it as a JNF, which some have said J = New, so New Noob Factory?

Who knows - anyway the report of a tight bezel like the Noob is good news. The GMT wheel fonts are improved (curved bases to follow the arc) and the DW mag is more gen-like. The blue and white dial versions showed some defects in quality and color so the black dial looks like the best choice.

Trusty pics are too blurry to see the clasp code but it's visible on a non TD site

https://trustytimewatch.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_407&products_id=24312

jNJFat.jpg

Nice pickup, congrats. I have several of these DG5833 movements still running well after a couple years. They are throwaway movements but easily sourced and not expensive.

ViperGTS

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
1/1/10
has anyone ordered a JWF rose sky? interested to see some pictures

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
Anyone got their hands on the Noob v2 that’s currently being offered? Wanted to see how it compares to the original Noob pre- raid.

Not sure why the v2 is using Noob’s name since they’re not in production.

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Picked up this one, thought it was an original Noob. But not 100% sure
75c79dc460306f2de873d0165a4b5aab.jpg

b5844da5e8b37a99d48a0c2a47ff3bf2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk